Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

33 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned - or if it even means a damn thing - but the player/team marketing around the stadium is basically all restricted to the brown color rush uniforms from last year and a white version.

Not a surprise, all there marketing has been with the color rush uniforms.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps someone that has a better understanding of the NFL uniform rules could help me, but would it be possible for the Browns to make their orange jersey the "primary" for this season? We know the brown color rush will be worn as the alternate as many times as they're allowed (3 times?) but the regular brown jersey is just dreadful. The orange jersey I can stomach much easier. 

Image result for cleveland browns orange uniform

T1oYViW.png

6 minutes ago, selby56 said:

Perhaps someone that has a better understanding of the NFL uniform rules could help me, but would it be possible for the Browns to make their orange jersey the "primary" for this season? We know the brown color rush will be worn as the alternate as many times as they're allowed (3 times?) but the regular brown jersey is just dreadful. The orange jersey I can stomach much easier. 

They’d have needed nfl’s approval prior to the season. They didn’t try to only wanting the color rush so this is what we’ll get.

2 hours ago, selby56 said:

They haven't worn these on field since 2015. But the funny thing is that when Browns players make public appearances they always wear the orange jersey.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

3 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

They haven't worn these on field since 2015. But the funny thing is that when Browns players make public appearances they always wear the orange jersey.

We definitely wore them in 2016, but just once I think. Jamar Taylor shown below was only with the team 2016 and 2017. But either way, yeah we haven't touched them in a while.

Image result for cleveland browns 2016

T1oYViW.png

3 hours ago, selby56 said:

We definitely wore them in 2016, but just once I think. Jamar Taylor shown below was only with the team 2016 and 2017. But either way, yeah we haven't touched them in a while.

Image result for cleveland browns 2016

You are correct sir...

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

On 8/17/2019 at 10:11 AM, hawk36 said:

Syracuse has the right answer... 

BROWNS2020.jpg

Did Syracuse completely redo their uniform again?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Why are the Browns so afraid of an orange alternate? They always seem to introduce it, wear it a few times, then ditch it. Even during the Otto Graham days, they apparently wore orange during preseason only. I personally think it's a great look.

SnagIt1.jpg

1953+1010+PHIL@CLE+b.jpg

2002-cleveland-browns-uniforms-041415-ft

bSLCtu2.png

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Why are the Browns so afraid of an orange alternate? They always seem to introduce it, wear it a few times, then ditch it. Even during the Otto Graham days, they apparently wore orange during preseason only. I personally think it's a great look.

In 2017 they went all-white just about every game and in 2018 they wore the Color Rush 3x. I'm sure most would rather see color rush used instead of orange. If the 3x alternate rule wasn't in place I guarantee we would have seen it last year and we would see it this year. 

Like others have suggested, make orange the primary and wear it at home for 5 games and that will still give them 3 color rush games. 

Theoretically...could the Browns wear an orange helmet with brown mask for 14 games, and then wear a gray mask for a game and a white mask for a game, just for more looks?

The Jets, Bills, and Chargers have played around with facemask colors in recent years...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think part of the problem is that these uniform designs can rarely ever be simple anymore.  Nike's redefinition of athletic aesthetic explicitly prioritizes 'statement' over all else.  This simply can't be a mere sharp uniform - it has to be a movement-inspiring look, a densely-layered journey through a top-to-bottom reimagining.  Nothing can be overlooked.

Which is fine for a more eclectic team like the Seahawks or some college teams, but the Browns are not, and cannot be a petri dish for a board of designers looking to break the mold. 

Stop trying to turn a peanut butter and jelly sandwich into grape compote and legume emulsion between two crustinis. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It’s the Browns that are responsible for what they wear, not Nike. Take the lion out of the cage and it’s going to eat the wildebeest. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived