Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

vqzvq8f61ut21.png?width=354&format=png&a

Top and middle rows look like some sort of monogram to me.  The 2nd from the top row could be an elf logo based on the hints of white. 4th row looks like the wordmark, and the bottom some sort of global logo. Really hard to tell due to the blurring, but those are my best guesses.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

9 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

That looks like they're bringing back the AL on the sleeve to me

spacer.png

Since that went away the minute new ownership took over, and Al Lerner had ties to Art Modell which helped him win the chance to run the new Browns, I highly doubt you'll see his initials on a Cleveland jersey again. Paul brown has a better chance of being on those uniforms and that ain't happening. A team monogram on the sleeve could be a possibility if they try to take a design cue from the Lions. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/29/2019 at 10:55 AM, CitizenTino said:

I’d be curious to see what jersey numbers rendered in the font of the Browns’ current wordmark would look like.

spacer.png

Ask and ye shall receive.

I made some guesses as to what things would look like (as I don't know if the wordmark is simply custom or if it's a full typeface). But here's my rough idea:

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Hmm.  Not sure I like it. 

If the Browns are really going with an old-school look, they should use their old-school numbers with it.

It’s a good font on its own, just maybe not for them. Not now. 

This is exactly what I thought too. It's too modern to really fit a "classic" look if that is, indeed, what the Browns are going to go for.

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't use something similar to this when they first redesigned in 2015. (The "block" numbers they have now, not including the color rush jerseys, are the epitome of, "We overthought and overdesigned this just to make it unique."

8 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

With Dorsey and the entire coaching staff getting cleaned out, what does this mean for the uniforms? The reason for Dorsey getting axed is “disagreement about the future vision of the organization”

Not a damn thing, more than likely.  They'll still get new unis, I'd imagine.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

8 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

With Dorsey and the entire coaching staff getting cleaned out, what does this mean for the uniforms? The reason for Dorsey getting axed is “disagreement about the future vision of the organization”

Absolutely nothing. Uniform changes take time and the days of the 49ers one day logo revolution are long gone in the NFL. Merchandise with the new look is likely already being produced.

It's where I sit.

23 hours ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

Top and middle rows look like some sort of monogram to me.  The 2nd from the top row could be an elf logo based on the hints of white. 4th row looks like the wordmark, and the bottom some sort of global logo. Really hard to tell due to the blurring, but those are my best guesses.

I'm hoping the Elf is more prominent in the marketing and part of the uniform...

I think if I remember correctly, they have to submit uniform changes for 2020 season back in early 2019, so @Sec19Row53 is right. 

If the Browns are smart, they would use the Color Rush template for their uniforms, but they're the Browns. I can easily seeing them 🤬ing up the uniforms again.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On 12/30/2019 at 11:58 AM, VDizzle12 said:

I'm a little skeptical. When players were shown previews of the uniforms, logo sheets where shown blurred out in the background.

vqzvq8f61ut21.png?width=354&format=png&a

The top logo on the bottom one looks like the 49ers SF helmet logo. 

Archived