Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

2 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Can we stop trying to make the Browns look like Ohio State or Florida? The Browns have a decades-old historic look they should return to.

What's the Ohio State similarity?

If management refuses to return to the classic look, then modernizing around the helmet stripes is one of their best options IMO. But kill the mono looks and try to limit the number of sets overall (do the Browns really need 3 pairs of pants?).

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

You (should) have a classic look. Don't eff with it by wearing blackout and color rush and other things that aren't your best look.

As a Badger, I HATE tOSU. But damn, their unis are nice. Why wear blackout or anthraciteout unis when what you have is so DAMN good??

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

I think it's the striping system he is referring to. Mimicking the helmet stripes on the jersey and pants without inverting the colors or order. The Browns most identifiable aspect is the helmet, so I see no problem doing this but it does get weird with the orange jersey/pant options.

47 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I think it's the striping system he is referring to. Mimicking the helmet stripes on the jersey and pants without inverting the colors or order. The Browns most identifiable aspect is the helmet, so I see no problem doing this but it does get weird with the orange jersey/pant options.

Putting the helmet stripe pattern on the white pants doesn't really work either. It'd be like a team putting the team logo on the helmet, jersey, and pants.

Just go b/o/b or o/b/o. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

You (should) have a classic look. Don't eff with it by wearing blackout and color rush and other things that aren't your best look.

As a Badger, I HATE tOSU. But damn, their unis are nice. Why wear blackout or anthraciteout unis when what you have is so DAMN good??

Well our (tOSU) primaries are solid but the old look with the gray sleeves is much better.

As someone that's fairly traditional and does not like the overuse of alternates (the full gray SUCKS and I hate alts in The Game), the blackouts kick ass and are fine for one night game a year. If they dropped them to go full tradition that'd be fine, but I don't mind 'em.

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Eh, orange pants have only ever matched the striping on the helmet and the orange jersey was the best of the retiring set IMO (aside from the color rush top).

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

That is one of my favorite uniform quirks imo

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

7 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

As someone that's fairly traditional and does not like the overuse of alternates (the full gray SUCKS and I hate alts in The Game), the blackouts kick ass and are fine for one night game a year. If they dropped them to go full tradition that'd be fine, but I don't mind 'em.

No, they suck and aren't nearly as good as your regular uniform. 

Just busting your chops. While I really disagree with your assessment, I guess if a Buckeye likes 'em, who am I to argue? Maybe if khaki pants unveiled a blackout set, then you guys would hate yours?? 😂😂😂

It's where I sit.

13 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Just busting your chops. While I really disagree with your assessment, I guess if a Buckeye likes 'em, who am I to argue? Maybe if khaki pants unveiled a blackout set, then you guys would hate yours?? 😂😂😂

This Buckeye hates the blackouts.

13 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

19 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This Buckeye hates the blackouts.

There are a some reasons why I should dislike them, but they just look great IMO. The scarlet leaves on the helmet are awesome, it mostly sticks to the regular uniform template, and they haven't overdone it. Totally understand not liking them, but lots of regular fans do love them, for whatever that's worth.

If TTUN did a blackout it would make very little sense and probably look bad, but IDK if it would shift my feelings on the Buckeyes in black.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

This looks nice. If it were the new logo, I think fans would be happy. I still like the idea of redoing the brownie. 

I agree.  The browns need something to use as a primary logo that isnt their helmet.  Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc.  all have primary logos that arent the helmet.  

they can still have a recognizable logo that isnt the helmet, and still keep the helmet solid and logoless.

On 2/12/2020 at 2:20 AM, dont care said:

I doubt they would do a Paul brown patch considering how he left and started a rival team...

Except it was Art Modell who fired Paul Brown. He didn't just "leave".

My grandfather, who was a Browns fan during that time, never rooted for the browns again after what Art did to Paul. He became a Bengals fan instantly.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, BucksFan5 said:

My grandfather, who was a Browns fan during that time, never rooted for the browns again after what Art did to Paul. He became a Bengals fan instantly.

Doesn’t change that they will wear a patch to honor the (Former) owner of a rival team

11 minutes ago, dont care said:

Doesn’t change that they will wear a patch to honor the (Former) owner of a rival team

Yes it does. If it mattered they would change their name to something else.

Do you actually think there is currently any bad blood between the Browns and Paul Brown for creating the Bengals? Do you even know anything about the Browns v Bengals dynamic, or the fanbases??

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because there is too much equity in the name “browns” to change from it, look at the negative reactions just from changing the uniforms, or why the expansion team was required to be the named the browns. There may not now be bad blood from the browns side considering the ownership has changed but there is still bad blood on brown’s family side, it’s not like the Lamar Hunt patch for the chiefs because that family still owns that team. 

1 hour ago, BucksFan5 said:

I'm a Browns fan and I don't think Paul Brown's initials should be on a Cleveland uniform. He was an important part of the team, but he was not the owner. It would be like putting Jim Brown's initials on permanently once he passes on. It shouldn't happen for either man. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived