Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

I was not impressed with the new Dawg Pound logo and am not surprised at how little it gets used... I am ready for an alternate uni with the white B football emblem slapped onto the helmet. Its time.

It has been used... Infamously.Dawg-Pound.jpg

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Elf is dumb

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

Well going back to the old uniforms or a previous era uniform would be an admittance of failure by all involved in this catastrophe, and you know how clueless these execs are.

They'll say something like "We've been listening, some things you like, some things you didn't etc" just to make it sound like they succeeded in some areas even though they shouldn't have touched the uniforms to begin with.

Overall I bet we get a halfway thing

Browns fans loved the look. It was a special unique thing, forgoing the helmet logo. The rest is simple, clean colors. FOOTBALL colors. The colors of autumn. Straight lines, no silly designs. The Browns may be in a seemingly endless malaise now, but uniform wise they should not be dragged down to the Bucs, Seahawks, Falcons, Jags level. 

The front office involved in the uniform change is out.

As for the elf, they've used the Elf since the 40s. One cool feature was he'd wear a crown the years the Browns were defending champions. It was Art Modell, who after purchasing the team killed the elf from marketing. The team had no official mascot or logo other than the helmet after that.

The Dawg Pound was started by Hanford Dixon and Frank Minnifield, two defensive backs in the 80s and it just grew from there as the Browns made three AFC title games in four seasons. All losses to the Broncos.

After the Browns returned to the league, the Dawg Pound just felt 'forced'. It wasn't the free-flowing idea of the fans and became corporatized. Shoehorning a 'dawg pound' into the new stadium (a double-decker no less) was just another issue. Honestly, as a fan, the Dawg Pound is done as an entity. That section of the stadium just isn't the same and it's getting worse. There's no reverence to it. It once housed some of the closest seats to the field, which made it important at Muni. At CBS/FES, all seats are good seats and close to the field. So, nothing is special about it. Throw in that Dawg Pound seat licenses are non-transferable unlike the rest of the stadium, and you start seeing a big difference in how fans have migrated to or from that section of the stadium.

I say bring back the Brownie full time. Make  the '00s redo of the logo official, either standing or redo a new one running with the ball. Keep the helmets blank, but for the love of God sell some merch with something other than an outdated helmet no player out there wears anyways. Or at least really go old-school and make it a one or two bar facemask in profile. Have some history.

ELF!!!!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

22 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That was a nickname for the fans, not the team. 

Elf all the way. 

22 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

When was that, exactly?

Agreed.

The dog actually represented both the team and the fans. The whole thing started when Frank Minnifield and Hanford Dixon started barking at each other in practice when the defense would win, then the fans started getting into it. The defense were the dogs, the fans were the pound.

That said, I still like the elf better. The dog theme feels too specific to those particular teams, not the club as a whole. It would be like the Vikings maintaining a Purple People Eaters theme or the Jets having an NYSE theme going even when they’re terrible :-)

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived