Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

No new info about the uniform design itself, but it sounds like the Browns won’t be unveiling their new set until next month.

So April 15? It's a Wednesday the week before the draft and I think it's about the same time New York revealed theirs but I could be wrong. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I hope waiting until April backfires and the jerseys leak early. What does the team gain from waiting so long? Would an extra month of jersey sales hurt? I'm sick of waiting.

I think this is their idea, if you know it's coming and it takes forever to come out you'll rush to buy up as much as you can when it releases. If it's April, they're also probably counting on extra money from those getting refunds.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think this is their idea, if you know it's coming and it takes forever to come out you'll rush to buy up as much as you can when it releases. If it's April, they're also probably counting on extra money from those getting refunds.

I've been putting off buying a jersey for about 2-3 years, because I knew the redesign was coming.

They did reiterate again just now on their radio show "nothing fancy", "traditional" and "what the fans want to see". 

34 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I've been putting off buying a jersey for about 2-3 years, because I knew the redesign was coming.

They did reiterate again just now on their radio show "nothing fancy", "traditional" and "what the fans want to see". 

Given that, I'd probably buy a throwback from the 70s and be satisfied that it is what you are hoping for 🙂

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I hope waiting until April backfires and the jerseys leak early. What does the team gain from waiting so long? Would an extra month of jersey sales hurt? I'm sick of waiting.

Every team has their official release for new uniforms in April. Free Agency has cooled down, they get time to show off the new big name Free Agents in them. The schedule gets released that month so everyone is getting excited for the new year and they have plenty of time make sure they can show those draft picks showing off the new uniforms.

All of this... NFL uni changes, NHL Seattle mascot, etc. etc. is all drawn out WAY too long. Since every team/league loves market research, I'd hope they do their market research and find out that there is a specific time that people will be engaged and excited, go too far, and people get cranky and upset. Cranky and upset are more likely to hate new names/uniforms or at the very least be hyper critical of them. 

11 hours ago, hawk36 said:

All of this... NFL uni changes, NHL Seattle mascot, etc. etc. is all drawn out WAY too long. Since every team/league loves market research, I'd hope they do their market research and find out that there is a specific time that people will be engaged and excited, go too far, and people get cranky and upset. Cranky and upset are more likely to hate new names/uniforms or at the very least be hyper critical of them. 

the only people cranky and upset are on this forum. 99% of people either don’t care, or don’t care enough to need a leak 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd venture that most people getting refunds have their taxes done way earlier than April. No reason to wait for a refund. 

But anyway, yeah the NFL traditionally waits until after the free agency chaos and right before the draft to announce changes. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, sealbrownandorange said:

Tom Withers, who covers the Browns for AP, had this to say on his Twitter account: "Someone who has seen the #Browns new uniforms said 'they look like the Browns are supposed to look.'"

https://twitter.com/twithersAP/status/1235042561099780096

Can't help but feel like there will be one minor tweak to an otherwise classic looking design that will end up driving all of us crazy, cause Browns gonna Browns.   

14 minutes ago, kutztown said:

Can't help but feel like there will be one minor tweak to an otherwise classic looking design that will end up driving all of us crazy, cause Browns gonna Browns.   

If they remove the classic stripes or use a gray facemask, it will bug to no end.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, selby56 said:

Could the elf be the new primary logo? Or is it just being featured on the draft hats? 

That’s an interesting question. I think the elf looks rather dated, but in a charming way (like using old slang rather than having racist and sexist attitudes). I don’t believe it would make a strong primary but this is the team that uses its helmet as a primary, so...

24 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

That’s an interesting question. I think the elf looks rather dated, but in a charming way (like using old slang rather than having racist and sexist attitudes). I don’t believe it would make a strong primary but this is the team that uses its helmet as a primary, so...

They have used teh Brownie on hats for a while so I wouldn't read to much into it. It's better than using a helmet though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That is, until, the new uniforms turn out to be pure garbage and everyone wonders why they took so long to develop and still wound up looking worse than the uniforms they just replaced. I wonder, did the Jags' jersey sales spike in 2013 or 2018 when they came out?

24 minutes ago, Bluefalcon said:

That is, until, the new uniforms turn out to be pure garbage and everyone wonders why they took so long to develop and still wound up looking worse than the uniforms they just replaced. I wonder, did the Jags' jersey sales spike in 2013 or 2018 when they came out?

Yes, even the buffaslug uniforms were a league high in terms of jersey sales for their first year.

Archived