jimsimo

Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, sealbrownandorange said:

Tom Withers, who covers the Browns for AP, had this to say on his Twitter account: "Someone who has seen the #Browns new uniforms said 'they look like the Browns are supposed to look.'"

https://twitter.com/twithersAP/status/1235042561099780096

This just popped up in that twitter thread with no comment  EDIT 3/4/2020 3:06pm: FAKE

Edited by OldSmoke
False alarm

4 minutes ago, OldSmoke said:

This just popped up in that twitter thread with no comment

I hate the white stroke on the numbers.  Make it solid orange or solid white.  Otherwise, I'm fine with it.  Facemask people will be outraged, however.

5 minutes ago, CherryMX said:

I hate the white stroke on the numbers.  Make it solid orange or solid white.  Otherwise, I'm fine with it.  Facemask people will be outraged, however.

Agreed. Not a big fan either. I have no idea the source of this image aside from the person who posted it on Twitter. A Google image search of the mentioned picture produces nothing... Also, why is the mannequin holding a college football? Just to have more Nike branding?  

11 minutes ago, OldSmoke said:

That looks pretty good

15 minutes ago, OldSmoke said:

Just a mediocre photoshop of an old uniform.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, rcb05 said:

spacer.png

Nice catch. Now that I look closer at the socks, you can see its pretty bad. False alarm, everyone. As you were

19 minutes ago, OldSmoke said:

Agreed. Not a big fan either. I have no idea the source of this image aside from the person who posted it on Twitter. A Google image search of the mentioned picture produces nothing... Also, why is the mannequin holding a college football? Just to have more Nike branding?  

The NFL is many things, but they wouldn't let that fly. It would still need to be a Wilson football.

16 minutes ago, rcb05 said:

spacer.png

But this with white numerals...?

The numbers definitely need to be white on the brown jersey and brown on the white. No strokes or drop shadows. 

The Elf should make a return as the primary. However, it doesn’t need to be on the helmet. No logo needs to be present on the Browns helmet. Sleeves and/or pants? Yeah sure. 

I’ve never understood the Browns logic on using the elf logo so sparingly. They could easily have the best of both worlds where they make the elf the primary logo while leaving it completely off of the uniforms. 

23 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

I’ve never understood the Browns logic on using the elf logo so sparingly. They could easily have the best of both worlds where they make the elf the primary logo while leaving it completely off of the uniforms. 

Art Modell hated it and that's how we got the helmet as the logo. But when the Browns came back in 99, the discussion was logo. And it was either "don't really change anything from 95" or let NFL Properties go crazy and we'd get everything new. So they had to dig in on no logo. To keep the logo off the helmet. 

On 3/4/2020 at 2:46 PM, OldSmoke said:

This just popped up in that twitter thread with no comment  EDIT 3/4/2020 3:06pm: FAKE

The stroke around the numbers is offensive.  I hope when they do unveil these new uniforms, they tone down ALL the orange.  Sometimes lack of color is the best color (white).  And for God's sake, be consistent.  If you have white numbers on the brown shirt, have brown numbers on the white shirt.

I like the strokes around the numbers...I actually really like that jersey.  And I love the brown mask.  I'm not buying brown pants with that jersey but from the waist-up, they look good.