Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

26 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

But the jersey and pants don’t need those stripes to look good. 

With one exception on the top of my head, the solid brown pants, haven't the Browns used stripes of a variation of those three colors for decades? All it does is slightly adjust the form of the stripes to one cohesive look, which is something that the Browns have been lacking.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

With one exception on the top of my head, the solid brown pants, haven't the Browns used stripes of a variation of those three colors for decades? All it does is slightly adjust the form of the stripes to one cohesive look, which is something that the Browns have been lacking.

I should have been more clear - they don't need that exact stripe pattern on every piece to look good. It's great on the helmet...but variations on the pants and/or jersey are ok. Like putting a regular logo on all parts, seeing the exact stripe pattern can be a bit much. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, colortv said:

Dammit, Browns. What's so hard about this.

cleveland-browns-circle-copy_600.jpg?v=1

browns-wallpaper-14517-14969-hd-wallpape

watch-Cleveland-Browns-football-online-6

crop.php?r=A71OUuWQMkSUX4n6Fchuc5ZFGVRmd

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9ZDbzIpFzAVwX1oT533c

I have always liked this logo... It has a throwback feel to it. Not sure why so many people disliked it or why it never caught on.

4 hours ago, SkaT73 said:

I have always liked this logo... It has a throwback feel to it. Not sure why so many people disliked it or why it never caught on.

I like it too, but it has some minor execution flaws.   The "B" is off-center, causing the white keyline to the right to be thicker than that on the left.  The stripes come to a sharp point where the brown football-shape outline is slightly arced.

browns-wallpaper-14517-14969-hd-wallpapers.jpg

And there's the one glaring, fatal problem, using the wrong initial.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I like it too, but it has some minor execution flaws.   The "B" is off-center, causing the white keyline to the right to be thicker than that on the left.  The stripes come to a sharp point where the brown football-shape outline is slightly arced.

Thanks, I don't think I ever noticed those... Do you know if anyone has come up with a fixed mock up...

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

- As mentioned earlier, it should be (=C=)

- The stripe should be OBO to match the traditional pants stripe

Agree with this too.

There are some good options with modifying the <=B=> to a <=C=>, which I agree is a must if they go with a football logo. Apologies to the uncredited concept artists below.

I like these a lot and the striping can easily correspond to the uniform.

42-424278_cleveland-browns-logo-png-clev

However, I'd prefer they go back to this script and then use the C from it (or something similarly block/classic looking, even cursive as they've played with over the years).

f53fmfbeea3mfr20hxxsxqplw.gif

DJOnz76XkAY2K_s.jpg

Personally, I'd want to essentially return to the old uniforms with the classic striping and do something similar to this:

13458669625_bc4c7c6d5d_z.jpg

As I find it aesthetically more pleasing than the 3-stripe pattern. I love the helmet stripes but a majority orange logo wouldn't look as good as this.

I'd also accept Brownie or a modern/minimalist helmet as a primary with focus on the stripes as the main focal point of the identity, but if they want a new standard logo there are clearly options.

57 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Browns are going to delay the release even longer now because of Corona. I can feel it. 

Or they can pull a Bucs & every soccer team in UEFA and just post the stuff online. I know it'll suck, but that may be the direction to go until this cools down.

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Browns are going to delay the release even longer now because of Corona. I can feel it. 

Did they announce an actual date? The Texans were planning to announce their look in September of 2001. Due to other events they moved the release date back. If the draft is not affected, I'd expect a release the weekend before it kicks off.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

Or they can pull a Bucs & every soccer team in UEFA and just post the stuff online. I know it'll suck, but that may be the direction to go until this cools down.

Exactly. Why do we need another cringe-worthy fashion show? Videos showing old highlight footage. Video of Nike designer looking at mockups and inspiration, talking about all the hard work that went into the design. Seamstress putting on nameplates and numbers. Fog machines. Players walking out cheering, like they accomplished something nodding their heads in approval. It's been done a million times. 

21 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Exactly. Why do we need another cringe-worthy fashion show? Videos showing old highlight footage. Video of Nike designer looking at mockups and inspiration, talking about all the hard work that went into the design. Seamstress putting on nameplates and numbers. Fog machines. Players walking out cheering, like they accomplished something nodding their heads in approval. It's been done a million times. 

I think it's only fair to allow the Browns' players to celebrate something

On 3/12/2020 at 9:12 AM, -Akronite- said:

There are some good options with modifying the <=B=> to a <=C=>, which I agree is a must if they go with a football logo. Apologies to the uncredited concept artists below.

I like these a lot and the striping can easily correspond to the uniform.

42-424278_cleveland-browns-logo-png-clev

Maybe it's because the Indians use a block C but these seem very "Indians" to me.

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Maybe it's because the Indians use a block C but these seem very "Indians" to me.

I think this is literally using the serif Block C from the Indians primary. Like I said, I'd switch to a Browns-specific font for it, but I think a C is the way to go if you're gonna make a letter-based logo.

36 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I think this is literally using the serif Block C from the Indians primary. Like I said, I'd switch to a Browns-specific font for it, but I think a C is the way to go if you're gonna make a letter-based logo.

Absolutely.  A simple block "C" with no serif on top would be perfect.

Then again, as much as people complain about the Indians' logo being "generic", it's surprising how identifiable it is even in a totally different context. :D

40 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I'd switch to a Browns-specific font for it, but I think a C is the way to go if you're gonna make a letter-based logo.

W4FMhIp.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

9 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

W4FMhIp.png

Thank you for making this, great work! I think this or something close would be a great option, especially if they want to center the brand around the helmet stripes.

Would be very interested in seeing a version with the 5 stripe pattern and a white background. I should use Coronavirus as an excuse to finally learn Photoshop.

Archived