Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

43 minutes ago, Buc said:

I've yet to see a Browns logo concept executed any better than @rtrich11's block C. I'll put it up against anything in here...

1YMaeOG.jpg

Says all a logo needs to say right there.

That is a really, really good one, but it has too many outlines.  White, brown, gray.  Clutter, clutter, clutter.  

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just embrace the goddamn elf.  If the Padres and Brewers can glorify a beer barrel man and a swingin' friar, Cleveland can embrace the elf.

It's asinine.  Don't wrap your arms around this stupid generic B or C. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

5 minutes ago, CherryMX said:

Just embrace the goddamn elf.  If the Padres and Brewers can glorify a beer barrel man and a swingin' friar, Cleveland can embrace the elf.

It's asinine.  Don't wrap your arms around this stupid generic B or C. 

These B and C logos are infuriating.  They look like ClipArt from my old Gateway in 2000.  There is no reason someone can't develop a proper logo.

23 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

What is a "proper" logo, in the context of the Browns?

Something that has a traditional or classic feel. CB monogram, block C or even the elf would be perfectly fine. Even take an old Browns cursive script and make that the logo. At this point almost anything would be better than just a clipart outdated helmet. No offense to anyone, but the B logo isn't anything special. It's cluttered and seems forced to try and make it work with a C. 

Any of these monograms from Dribbble would work just fine:

browns3.pngdribbble.jpg90cba635dc9056d594a019954442c979.pngshot_5.jpg

35 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Something that has a traditional or classic feel. CB monogram, block C or even the elf would be perfectly fine. Even take an old Browns cursive script and make that the logo. At this point almost anything would be better than just a clipart outdated helmet. No offense to anyone, but the B logo isn't anything special. It's cluttered and seems forced to try and make it work with a C. 

Those feel more like shipping stamps than a logo.  I love that style of monogrammy thing, but it's not what I would consider appropriate for the Browns.

I think what the Browns need is to do one or a combination of things:

PRIMARY MARK - For hats, emblems on jackets, etc, go with a side-profile of the helmet or a script C.

SECONDARY MARK - "Browns" script wordmark

TERTIARY/MASCOT CRAP - Embrace the duality and have both Brownie the Elf and some sort of stupid bulldog

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

46 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I like these last three, other than the fact that they're not distinct enough from the Cincinnati Bengals. 

On 3/16/2020 at 3:15 PM, infrared41 said:

Right? Anyway, if you've never watched it, Dazed and Confused is by far the most accurate depiction of what life was like for high schoolers in the 70's that I've ever seen. It got everything exactly right. The clothes, the cars, the music, the dialog, social life, cliques, all of it. Honestly, I can't think of a single moment in that film where I thought they had gotten something wrong. 

And this is the ONLY thing--

Melvin's 'fro. That was one terrible wig:

spacer.png

Other than that, it's like what my friends and I  (all about Mitch Kramer's age back then) joked about after first seeing it.  Linklater didn't work to DEPICT late spring 1976, he simply got in a time machine and went back there and filmed. 

It is what it is.

On the subject of the Browns' uniforms: I saw a tweet several days ago from someone who had supposedly seen several of the new uniform designs in the NFL. I wanted to post it at that time but didn't have the opportunity - now I can't find the tweet.  I am paraphrasing but this person's comment was essentially that the Browns had "mailed it in".  One person's opinion I know - but I think it gives further credence to the idea that they are returning to the classic look and that we shouldn't expect anything too innovative. 

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

I do not agree as these logos miss the mark IMO. Not a fan of using a CB mark anyway, but an interlocking letter logo feels too baseball and these scripts make the team look like a startup. Outside of the literal letters and potential colors, they don't say Cleveland or Browns to me at all (including the italicized CB).

A football shaped logo with stripes and a monogram is a simple, classic primary. I understand if people prefer the elf or a modified helmet logo or even a script, but I think this would also work for the Browns. That said, I'd rather elf/helmet/script than making the letter B the primary. I'm only for a monogram if there's a C for Cleveland.

1 minute ago, CLEstones said:

Anything besides these tired-ass =C= and =B= concepts.

Ah, so you just popped in to be negative and add nothing?

Side note, it should remain a fan logo but this is my favorite iteration of the Dawg:

2003-cleveland-browns-season-nfl-dawg-po

The original was fine but dated, the new one looks like it was made just for kids. But the above would make a really good primary if that was applicable.

7 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Ah, so you just popped in to be negative and add nothing?

I mean, I guess?  I'm just saying.  These same old, unoriginal takes on the C or B logo are just pointless.  Either the Browns need to make amends with Paul Brown's family.  Or they need to embrace SOMETHING, whether it be the elf or the bull dog... they need to come up with something that doesn't look like Clip Art and finally have an identity. 

6 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

I mean, I guess?  I'm just saying.  These same old, unoriginal takes on the C or B logo are just pointless.  Either the Browns need to make amends with Paul Brown's family.  Or they need to embrace SOMETHING, whether it be the elf or the bull dog... they need to come up with something that doesn't look like Clip Art and finally have an identity. 

So we should stop pointlessly rehashing concepts based on an old Browns logo in favor of original ideas like... the elf or the bull dog. 😁

Obviously you don't have to like the C/B logo(s) and I don't have to agree with your take that it looks like Clipart. Personally, I think these logos are embracing the identity the Browns have had for years, as it isn't flashy and has marks that link it to football, the Browns stripes, and Cleveland. The Dawgs will always be part of the identity without being the identity. I'm open to Brownie making a major resurgence finally as well.

41 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

And this is the ONLY thing--

Melvin's 'fro. That was one terrible wig:

spacer.png

Other than that, it's like what my friends and I  (all about Mitch Kramer's age) joked about after first seeing it.  Linklater didn't work to DEPICT late spring 1976, he simply got in a time machine and went back there and filmed. 

It sure seems like it. 

BB52Big.jpg

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Because teams should use the city initial.  Unless they're ashamed of their hometown.

Why? The Canadiens have a C logo and aren't ashamed of their hometown. What about the Avalanche? The Canucks? The Ducks? The Los Angeles Angels? The Pacers? The Bengals? I don't think any of these teams are ashamed of their hometown. Even the Whalers' logo, one of the most beloved in sports, puts the focus on the W and only uses the H in negative space.

21 minutes ago, Ti-Nick said:

Why? The Canadiens have a C logo and aren't ashamed of their hometown. What about the Avalanche? The Canucks? The Ducks? The Los Angeles Angels? The Pacers? The Bengals? I don't think any of these teams are ashamed of their hometown. 

Agree to disagree, in a couple of those cases.

Archived