Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

1 hour ago, Ti-Nick said:

Why? The Canadiens have a C logo and aren't ashamed of their hometown. What about the Avalanche? The Canucks? The Ducks? The Los Angeles Angels? The Pacers? The Bengals? I don't think any of these teams are ashamed of their hometown. Even the Whalers' logo, one of the most beloved in sports, puts the focus on the W and only uses the H in negative space.

• The Avs logo is a cartoonish mess IMO.  Hated it since day 1.  That is uses the A isn't the worst of its issues, but it's up there.
  • The Canucks is also silly.  I guess they couldn't work the corporate Orca logo into a V, so they went with C.  
  • The Angles are an interesting case, because they sorta just brand themselves as the Angles, location independent.
  • Pacers - using an I wouldn't work, and the P is kinda cool, but a logo that doesn't rely on letters altogether would be better.
  • There's no way to compare the Whalers logo to the Browns "B".  The H is clearly an intentional part of the logo, and the W is needed to make the H.  It's almost a literal representation of their team, given that it's a whale's tail.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Angles are an interesting case, because they sorta just brand themselves as the Angles, location independent.

That hasn’t always been the case though.

Of their seven(ish) identities, one used the city, two used the city and Angels, and four used just Angels. (The post-Disney, pre-LAofA identity had an “Anaheim“ jersey wordmark that used the halo-A, but the primary logo represented Angels.)

Currently, it is definitely the case that they are Angels of no place in particular.

IbjBaeE.png

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:
  • The Angles are an interesting case, because they sorta just brand themselves as the Angles, location independent.

That's a pretty acute observation.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They want to be of Los Angeles without offending the locals who would consider that an insult.  

You think?  He could very easily put an LA logo on that hat - considering what they did with the team name, I don't think he cares about the locals (and would the locals really feel slighted?)

39 minutes ago, LAWeaver said:

That's a pretty acute observation.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-26-at-9.59.36-AM.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They want to be of Los Angeles without offending the locals who would consider that an insult.  

35 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

You think?  He could very easily put an LA logo on that hat - considering what they did with the team name, I don't think he cares about the locals (and would the locals really feel slighted?)

How many “Anaheim is its own city and not a suburb of LA!!!” conversations have we had around here? 😛

There is absolutely a sense in Anaheim that they should be considered their own entity.  That’s why the city bought naming rights to the Angels in the first place, and why Moreno has to walk this fine line between being the Los Angeles Angels everywhere outside of Anaheim and “Angels Baseball” in the actual city itself.  

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

Can you try this with the traditionnal sleeve stripes? I'm honestly surprised how good this looks...

Thanks! Happy to revisit the sleeve design. I will be putting together some options over on the Concepts board and may post an update there once I have finished the away and alternate sets. I'll tag you once it's ready. :)

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

11 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Put this together to show how pretty cream could be. 

kOe1wgn.png

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.  The outline on the number has to go, IMO.  Also, the brown is too dark, making me think Bengals before Browns.  Definitely needs TV numbers.

But the biggest issue is the NFL needing to fix how the branding logo gets displayed.  It SHOULD be moved to the front of the jersey, like in college.  The manufacturer logo neutering all the sleeve stripes is really a disaster.

But the biggest issue is the NFL needing to fix how the branding logo gets displayed.  It SHOULD be moved to the front of the jersey, like in college.  The manufacturer logo neutering all the sleeve stripes is really a disaster.

Nike would love that, which alone is reason enough to leave the mark where it is. 

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Nike would love that, which alone is reason enough to leave the mark where it is. 

Put it above the NOB.  Nike would hate it... which alone is reason enough to move it.

Archived