Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Put it above the NOB.  Nike would hate it... which alone is reason enough to move it.

You think?  I would almost think they would love it, that way Nike is associated with the biggest names in football, regardless of personal sponsorships.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

You think?  I would almost think they would love it, that way Nike is associated with the biggest names in football, regardless of personal sponsorships.

Players’ hair would cover it up.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, CLEstones said:

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.  The outline on the number has to go, IMO.  Also, the brown is too dark, making me think Bengals before Browns.  Definitely needs TV numbers.

But the biggest issue is the NFL needing to fix how the branding logo gets displayed.  It SHOULD be moved to the front of the jersey, like in college.  The manufacturer logo neutering all the sleeve stripes is really a disaster.

I think there are ways to adjust the Nike logo to avoid such issues (see the Raiders).. but I don't think it's that difficult to put traditional stripes on modern sleeves.. the Dolphins' throwbacks are universally applauded (And look fantastic in my opinion), and they have a very similar striping pattern to the classic Browns jerseys.. it's not complicated

9 hours ago, CLEstones said:

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.  The outline on the number has to go, IMO.  Also, the brown is too dark, making me think Bengals before Browns.  Definitely needs TV numbers.

Thanks, others had similar feedback in the concept thread and this was the latest update. Looks much more like the Cleveland Browns to me.  

pcQgbP5.png

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

44 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Thanks, others had similar feedback in the concept thread and this was the latest update. Looks much more like the Cleveland Browns to me.  

pcQgbP5.png

A+++

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

pcQgbP5.png

Maybe match the sock stripes to the jersey but a great look nonetheless. I hope this is the way they "mailed it in". 

45 minutes ago, sealbrownandorange said:

With all of the other leaks and discussion going on centering on the Buccaneers, Chargers, Rams, etc., I have to believe that there will be Browns' news soon - no?

Maybe not.  Nothing leaked for the Chargers (or if it did, we didn't notice since the logo change was so subtle), and the Rams leak was just a logo on a draft cap.  If we already know that the Browns logo isn't changing (which I think we know), it's unlikely that there will be a uniform leak until they start shipping to retail stores or new marketing stuff starts to get shipped in prep for an official unveiling.  Due to the current situation with most (if not all) retail closed (not sure how it is in Cleveland though), it's unlikely that jerseys will be shipped or even taken out of boxes until it's time for them to unveil - and even then, it may just be graphics if people still can't be close to each other or it's still that only 'life sustaining' business can even be open.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Maybe not.  Nothing leaked for the Chargers (or if it did, we didn't notice since the logo change was so subtle), and the Rams leak was just a logo on a draft cap.  If we already know that the Browns logo isn't changing (which I think we know), it's unlikely that there will be a uniform leak until they start shipping to retail stores or new marketing stuff starts to get shipped in prep for an official unveiling.  Due to the current situation with most (if not all) retail closed (not sure how it is in Cleveland though), it's unlikely that jerseys will be shipped or even taken out of boxes until it's time for them to unveil - and even then, it may just be graphics if people still can't be close to each other or it's still that only 'life sustaining' business can even be open.

We're 30 days out from the draft. I'd expect to see an actual uniform release around April 15th, but not earlier. They've most likely already done photo shoots with players or models.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

We're 30 days out from the draft. I'd expect to see an actual uniform release around April 15th, but not earlier. They've most likely already done photo shoots with players or models.

Yeah that's possible.  Will see what happens if the draft gets pushed back.  I know that right now they're saying it won't, but my gut says that it will have to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

There is talk that the draft will get pushed back.  However, I'm hoping the Browns and other teams will still go ahead with the reveals just to keep the Fans satisfied (and keep the NFL in the news)...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-draft-general-managers-want-draft-pushed-back-beyond-current-date-per-report/

The Browns had mockups of the uniforms up in the equipment room for over a year and nobody could snag us a picture. Most within the organization have seen them though, and the radio guys have been raving about them. They tend to love traditional uniforms and mentioned yesterday that fans will be very happy. Apparently there are home, road and a third uniform option that is "very new" and the strongest of the set. Also there is a "secret" uniform, so whatever that means.

On the flip side, Benjamin Allbright out of Denver has spoken to people who have seen all the new uniforms for this upcoming season and thought the Browns "kinda mailed it in."

Archived