Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sykotyk said:

The gap in the stripe for the c bothers me. Run it behind the C and I think it'll look better. Brown outline of a white C, that is. 

15 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

ytwtFr6.png Pxom0Oy.png

I find myself not really liking the gap in the stripe as well but then when it runs behind the C I can't help but see a 6, or a G, or an 8 at first glance. To be honest, I'm not too sure what I see but it's not instantly recognizable as a C. I feel like that would get worse the more it's scaled down as well.

38 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

I find myself not really liking the gap in the stripe as well but then when it runs behind the C I can't help but see a 6, or a G, or an 8 at first glance. To be honest, I'm not too sure what I see but it's not instantly recognizable as a C. I feel like that would get worse the more it's scaled down as well.

37 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That thin orange outline on the second doesn't work for me.  I think if you want to run the stripe all the way behind you might want to go back to the brown C trimmed in white.

Seeing it in practice, I think the size and style of C is what makes it look off. Maybe a larger C or smaller stripe to put a gap between the stripe and the end of the C. 

The white outline might work on a brown C, 

33 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think if you want to run the stripe all the way behind you might want to go back to the brown C trimmed in white.

lbUwYZS.png

spbeZmQ.png

35 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

vQbdcCo.png

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

43 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Absolutely correct.

6 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

vQbdcCo.png

I think the ones on the left read so much better at smaller size, with the lower left white C being the best of all.

6 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

"Lookin' good!", indeed.

Right? Anyway, if you've never watched it, Dazed and Confused is by far the most accurate depiction of what life was like for high schoolers in the 70's that I've ever seen. It got everything exactly right. The clothes, the cars, the music, the dialog, social life, cliques, all of it. Honestly, I can't think of a single moment in that film where I thought they had gotten something wrong. 

BB52Big.jpg

5 hours ago, Survival79 said:

9RrtM2M.png Pxom0Oy.png

Another thought: Make the stripes thicker/make "C" shorter so it fits within the stripes. This would eliminate the orange spacing inside the "C" and could possibly be even more legible (though I love the current color balance).

Loving these and really hope the franchise were smart enough to consider such options.

Other than @andrewharrington's elf and one helmet rendition by @davidson some time back--and I know I've probably brought this up in this thread at least three times already--I've yet to see a Browns logo concept executed any better than @rtrich11's block C. I'll put it up against anything in here...

1YMaeOG.jpg

Says all a logo needs to say right there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived