Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

The brown facemask instead of gray is a significant downgrade for them, both visually and in branding/attitude, but I guess if they're getting rid of the rest of the look it's still a major win. 

If they don't go with the superior choice of gray, I guess brown is a little better than white, to me. Brown just kind of sadly disappears, but the white, like a lot of white masks, just stood out too much.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I'm team white facemask for the Browns myself, and am happy to see Brownie get a nice return here. Here's hoping the jerseys look like the Browns. 

I'm right there with you. A white facemask is best for the browns. If not white, then definitely gray. The brown facemask is God-awful IMO.

6 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

https://923thefan.radio.com/articles/cleveland-browns-coo-david-jenkins-helmet-will-remain-unchanged-when-we-update-uniforms

“The helmet will remain untouched. Our fans want the helmets as they are.”

Please when they say helmet, they mean the whole helmet! I love the brown facemask and we don't need another horrible gray facemask in the league. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The brown facemask instead of gray is a significant downgrade for them, both visually and in branding/attitude, but I guess if they're getting rid of the rest of the look it's still a major win. 

If they don't go with the superior choice of gray, I guess brown is a little better than white, to me. Brown just kind of sadly disappears, but the white, like a lot of white masks, just stood out too much.

Agreed.  White draws way too much focus.  Gray is the obvious choice for an old-school team, with brown a distant second.  White is just ugly.

Love Brownie, I'd be surprised if they upgrade him to primary without updating him, but more use of non-helmet logos is a plus to me. 

As for the great facemask debate, I honestly think I can live with just about anything and I'm not as invested as others here. I personally view facemasks and socks as important accessories, but for the most part I'll take a uniform even if that element is messed up. So I don't feel that strongly about which they should use.

Gray- traditional, old school, original, doesn't draw attention, would remind me of the the Cribbs era that got me into the Browns

White- matches with color scheme, first non-gray facemask color, harkens back to Kosar era (I'd be surprised if we don't have orange pants in this redesign)

Brown- current color, goes with merchandising, has not offended me compared to pretty much every other change they made in 2014

Orange- obviously not a great option but it's a team color and I bet I'd hate it less than most

When were they supposed to announce? Has COVID shifted that timetable or are we all just waiting to find out?

9 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

https://923thefan.radio.com/articles/cleveland-browns-coo-david-jenkins-helmet-will-remain-unchanged-when-we-update-uniforms

“The helmet will remain untouched. Our fans want the helmets as they are.”

I feel like when the Browns make a comment like this, they’re referring to the plain orange with the stripes and maintaining the history and integrity of decades of Browns football. I wouldn’t be surprised if they changed the satin finish or removed the textured pattern on the stripes while still keeping that “classic Browns helmet.”

1 minute ago, PittsburghSucks said:

This 2020 Draft hat tells me they're staying with the brown fasemask.

How does brownie the elf tell you that exactly. I’m not doubting it and actually believe they will stay brown because it would mean a lot of signage having to change. But a draft cap with no helmet would not show me that at all.

11 minutes ago, dont care said:

How does brownie the elf tell you that exactly. I’m not doubting it and actually believe they will stay brown because it would mean a lot of signage having to change. But a draft cap with no helmet would not show me that at all.

The one he linked does have the helmet in it though....

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

2 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike the UniWatch guy any more than I already do. He really is the worst.

He’s the absolute worst.  Stuffed in too many lockers growing up.  

12 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike the UniWatch guy any more than I already do. He really is the worst.

9 minutes ago, Volt said:

He’s the absolute worst.  Stuffed in too many lockers growing up.  

You guys obviously didn't read the post, where he literally said that he didn't think it was racist or intentional, isn't offended by it, and thought it was just an unfortunate byproduct of applying the same template to everyone's logo without even looking or thinking about it.

Read before you criticize - and if you don't see the potential problem there, you're blind.  And literally nowhere have I seen any outcry abou tit.

But keep criticizing someone that you don't know and don't read.  Hell - just blast anyone who may be a little more culturally aware than you.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived