Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I don't think that their current look is as bad as many of you say. Extend the pants stripe all the way down the pants and take away the contrast stitching and I actually think it is a solid look. I do still agree that it was a downgrade from the classic set. 

but can they PLEASE introduce a REAL LOGO this time? The whole no logo gimmick is stupid and not even something beloved by the fanbase. They can even make it a stylized helmet if they're so insistent on keeping that.

spacer.png

Make this the primary, but change the stripes to match the old white pants stripes, or change the old pants stripes. Or just wear orange pants all the time. Bring back the old jerseys and keep the brown facemask and you have a great look. 

IMG_0900.GIF

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

The current uniforms are fine except for a few things:

1. Change the shadow to an outline
  2. Flip the orange numbers to white on the brown uniforms
  3. Get rid of the contrast stitching
  4. Get rid of the BROWNS text on the pants and extend the stripes all the way down
  5. Put a logo on the helmet

Do that, and you're done. I actually like the large wordmark on the front.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Aw man, I can already predict this thread being three years worth of one half "They should have never changed the old look!" and the other half "Now, if they just made the pants normal and changed the numbers on the brown jersey, they could actually have a solid look!" over and over again before anything actually develops..

Yet STILL I will probably end up checking on it everyday for THREE YEARS.

(Count me #TeamOldLook, though.)

5 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

The current uniforms are fine except for a few things:

1. Change the shadow to an outline
  2. Flip the orange numbers to white on the brown uniforms
  3. Get rid of the contrast stitching
  4. Get rid of the BROWNS text on the pants and extend the stripes all the way down
  5. Put a logo on the helmet

Do that, and you're done. I actually like the large wordmark on the front.

Yeah, apparently, because I think that's the only part of this "fine" uniform you want to keep.

(I'm not even acknowledging the above post.)

I've seen at least five concepts here that'd be marked improvements over the current look. Some revert to the old set with minor changes, some tweak the new set. All better than what they have now. 

I have hope. 

34 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, apparently, because I think that's the only part of this "fine" uniform you want to keep.

I like that, the striping, colors, and the font. Those all make for hugely important components of that uniform. The changes I propose are relatively minor compared to what I'd keep.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Make this the primary, but change the stripes to match the old white pants stripes, or change the old pants stripes. Or just wear orange pants all the time. Bring back the old jerseys and keep the brown facemask and you have a great look. 

IMG_0900.GIF

The thing that bothers me about this logo is that the spacing between the stripes on the left and right side of the B are off. I'd also like it if the ends of the stripes curved just like the football outline.

Archived