Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

11 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

I'm from Canton, 34, Browns fan for life. You can choose you marry, but you can't choose who you root for. What Nike did to the Browns was criminal. Nike should be fined by the NFL, and the Browns fans should seek reparations (obviously exaggerating). The NFL needs to allow changes to horrible redesigns that fans obviously hate, instead of forcing teams to wait every 5 years. I feel equally bad for the Rams right now.

That is the Rams fault. They can change their uniforms if they want but they want to wait for their new stadium to open.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

That is the Rams fault. They can change their uniforms if they want but they want to wait for their new stadium to open.

Yes, but the Rams also requested the NFL to allow them to wear their Blue and Yellow throwbacks full time while waiting for new uniforms.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/18/rams-uniform-changes-are-coming-but-not-before-2019/

15 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

I'm from Canton, 34, Browns fan for life. You can choose you marry, but you can't choose who you root for. What Nike did to the Browns was criminal. Nike should be fined by the NFL, and the Browns fans should seek reparations (obviously exaggerating). The NFL needs to allow changes to horrible redesigns that fans obviously hate, instead of forcing teams to wait every 5 years. I feel equally bad for the Rams right now.

I think we can all agree that the Dolphins throwbacks are at worst, a top 5 uniform right now. You know why? It's a simple design that relies on colors and striping. It also has uniformity (the shoulder stripes are matched to the socks). Uniformity in a uniform, huh? It has ZERO Nike branded design elements to it other than the swoosh, which is actually hidden fairly well. Oh, and the design just so happens to incorporate the most successful time in Dolphin history.

BBGD5jK.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=

For the Browns, their entire 2015 design needs to be scrapped, deleted, and thrown into hell where it belongs. It can fix it very easily. Taking a little from a few different periods of Browns History, and with a little eye to the future with these simple design changes. 

1. Change the color palate back to Orange, Seal Brown, and White.  

2. The Helmet: 2014 version, with a white facemask. The NFL makes every team in the NFL wear white chinstraps, white nose bumpers, white rear bumpers, and white padding on the inside of helmets. A white facemask makes these blend into the uniform, instead of sticking out as what they are. 

3. Uniforms go back to 2014 with some alterations. Alterations I would recommend involve the pants and socks. The Browns had throwbacks a while back that have 2 aspects I love: The socks and pant striping. The socks striping match the shoulders, and the thinner pant stripes look great. Okay 3 aspects, no logo beneath the collar. 

Charles+Ali+New+York+Giants+v+Cleveland+

4. Pants Colors: Here's a nod to the past and the future. There's a lot of love for the Kardiac Kids of the 80's in Cleveland. Give the fans what they want and throw on a pair of flat Orange pants once in awhile. Just make sure that pants stripe is as thin as pictured above. 

e196c14c7eaa90ba38db987aa2c35079.jpg

Lastly, the full turd uniforms looked pretty awful, but if you add stripes to the pants and socks, they look like a nice alternative look. That's my two cents. 

YYOIP8T.png

I agree with everything you said. I used to hate the white facemasks more than anything. But, after seeing how good the Giants color rush helmets looked, I'm all for it now. Never thought about bringing back the skinnier pants stripes, but it looks great on your mockup.

Orange pants are loved by almost every Browns fan. I have no idea why they don't wear them.

Keep 3 jerseys and 3 pants. Scrap the orange socks and replace them with white striped socks. 

33 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Yes, but the Rams also requested the NFL to allow them to wear their Blue and Yellow throwbacks full time while waiting for new uniforms.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/18/rams-uniform-changes-are-coming-but-not-before-2019/

Still, that doesn't explain why they chose to ruin their regular uniforms beyond repair. And the ruination actually started back in St. Louis, when they phased out the gold pants entirely.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

9 hours ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

They should get an exception, why? Bottom line, they shouldn’t have started tinkering with the foundational color balance of their identity (through fan voting, no less) knowing full well that they needed an exception to a long standing league rule just for it to look *acceptable.*

Also, wearing the throwback uniform as a temporary solution would have been the biggest mistake they could have made. Imagine the rage that would have been unleashed if the Rams wore the uniforms everyone loves when they moved back, only to replace them with a modern uniform that’s loosely inspired by them, but with a “story.” :lol:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

856378036.0.jpg

The biggest mistake is when they have to wear their Blue jerseys. If they were able to wear throwbacks I could at least watch a a Ram's game without cringing. We know that a horrible "Nike-speak" B.S. design is on it's way to LA. At least, fans could get attached to the blue and yellows enough to push ownership to go back to them by 2025...

You're right there shouldn't be exceptions to rules. They need to just get rid of the rule altogether, I would except a reduction to 3 years. If a team doesn't get a good reaction from fans in the first year, they can start the process over again. I don't think there's other professional leagues with that kind of mandate on uniform changes (5 year jail sentences). It takes a decade of crappy uniform designs before the right one comes out. 

5 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

I always thought a satin-metallic orange like the Vikings finish would look good, and would differentiate a little from the Bengals orange.

Riddell_Speed_Satin_Red_Shell_with_Black

If Cleveland was located in Oregon, by all means, probably...but no. Also, I think it would make it harder to differentiate if they went Oregon State Browns. If Browns go back to 2014 you have the difference you need. 

2012_09_browns_week-2.jpg

5 hours ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

This jersey template in seal brown is all Cleveland needs for the home jerseys. Maybe the 1986 unis as the alternate with thin white/orange/white stripes at the cuff and numbers above it on the sleeve. 

Charles+Ali+New+York+Giants+v+Cleveland+

4. Pants Colors: Here's a nod to the past and the future. There's a lot of love for the Kardiac Kids of the 80's in Cleveland. Give the fans what they want and throw on a pair of flat Orange pants once in awhile. Just make sure that pants stripe is as thin as pictured above. 

If the Browns go with orange pants they need to have the dull sheen from the Kardiac Kids days, not that shiny mess they had when they came back in 1999/2000. No wordmarks, no stripes stopping short of the knee on the pants, just a good solid uniform that looks like the Browns should look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 hours ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Lastly, the full turd uniforms looked pretty awful, but if you add stripes to the pants and socks, they look like a nice alternative look. That's my two cents. 

YYOIP8T.png

I absolutely would love the brown pants with stripes like that!!! But please keep the brown face mask.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that some of the Browns' social media accounts have used cream/vintage white instead of white.

While I prefer that the Browns stick with white long-term, the Browns going with cream/off-white really isn't a bad look, and they're about the only NFL team that could pull off that color full-time.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

On 4/6/2018 at 2:26 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

"Out there" is maybe not fair, but it would apply to someone liking those damn Blaze monstrosities, IMO.

I would consider my tastes to be very traditional. I like the Packers uniform, and have no problems with braisher stripes, three colors max in a scheme.  Where I've noticed your comments regarding uniforms, they seem to be opposite mine.  Not trying to call you out on that, and I owe it to you to look for comments to support that statement, so I will try to do that as I can.

I think you have me confused with someone else.  I don't recall ever criticizing the Packers uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

I've noticed that some of the Browns' social media accounts have used cream/vintage white instead of white.

While I prefer that the Browns stick with white long-term, the Browns going with cream/off-white really isn't a bad look, and they're about the only NFL team that could pull off that color full-time.

I dunno if I'd take any cues from Browns social media. Didn't they post some uniform schedule with striped socks that turned out to be a nothingburger?

12 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Never trust social media from teams. It's meant to show off the artist's abilities, not upcoming changes. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Saw this on Fox Sports' Twitter today:

STOfnO6.jpg

I know it's just a poor photoshop job that means absolutely nothing for a uniform change, but good God is this bad. They got the old stripes and word mark mixed with the new numbers. You'd think a major sports company would at least TRY to get it close, wouldn't you?

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

Saw this on Fox Sports' Twitter today:

I know it's just a poor photoshop job that means absolutely nothing for a uniform change, but good God is this bad. They got the old stripes and word mark mixed with the new numbers. You'd think a major sports company would at least TRY to get it close, wouldn't you?

No, not really. Someone was trying to throw this graphic together. Outside of this board, how many of the target audience know that this isn't right?

It's where I sit.

On 4/10/2018 at 11:33 AM, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Riddell_Speed_Satin_Red_Shell_with_Black

That's a red helmet: http://www.gridironfootballhelmets.com/riddell-speed-blank-shell/Riddell_blank_mini_speed_helmet_shell_satin_red.html

On 4/10/2018 at 11:19 AM, AstroBull21 said:

I always thought a satin-metallic orange like the Vikings finish would look good, and would differentiate a little from the Bengals orange.

I don't see anything wrong with that. 

Image result for orange satin football helmet

Image result for syracuse footballImage result for orange satin football helmet

Archived