Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/24/2018 at 10:11 PM, WavePunter said:

I. FREAKING. LOVE. THIS. UNIFORM.

Me too. It was their best looking uniform since the Brian Sipe era. I love the orange pants on the road and brown jersey/orange pants at home....with the white facemask of course. 

spacer.png

I"d comment on that if it was in the concepts forum.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I"d comment on that if it was in the concepts forum.

Please explain to me why posting a mockup here is not okay, while there are numerous in the NFL changes thread.

Also, I don't recall asking for input, I'm simply sharing a visualization that I thought someone might value.

What a joke.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

2 minutes ago, LEWJ said:

Please explain to me why posting a mockup here is not okay, while there are numerous in the NFL changes thread.

Also, I don't recall asking for input, I'm simply sharing a visualization that I thought someone might value.

What a joke.

When a person posts a personal concept rather than a supposed leak, like the supposed Jets uniform, they are seeking input on their personal work which is why it's suggested that the best place to put it up for discussion is the Concepts forum. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

When a person posts a personal concept rather than a supposed leak, like the supposed Jets uniform, they are seeking input on their personal work which is why it's suggested that the best place to put it up for discussion is the Concepts forum. 

A personal concept? I recolored the color rush uniform. How is that any different than Photoshopping the Chargers in yellow pants?

Edit: No response, as expected. It's a shame I can't ignore you... This is so inconsistently enforced it's laughable.

2 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

That's a sharp look.. regardless of which forum you posted it in

Much appreciated! It's something I could get behind.

I've been a member here more than half of my lifetime and I am certain that posting a recolor of an existing uniform in the concepts thread was frowned upon at one point. But what do i know? 😂 

1 hour ago, LEWJ said:

What a joke.

I'll comment, because I've made similar comments in the past.

There is an ENTIRE forum for concepts. In the course of any thread that revolves around uniform changes, there are without fail concepts put into the thread. Whether they are tweaks or "original", they are concepts and ought to be posted elsewhere so that (here's where I try to not just be a back seat mod) the thread regarding the uniform change relates just to the uniform change, and not one of who knows how many concepts that are introduced therein.

It's where I sit.

31 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'll comment, because I've made similar comments in the past.

There is an ENTIRE forum for concepts. In the course of any thread that revolves around uniform changes, there are without fail concepts put into the thread. Whether they are tweaks or "original", they are concepts and ought to be posted elsewhere so that (here's where I try to not just be a back seat mod) the thread regarding the uniform change relates just to the uniform change, and not one of who knows how many concepts that are introduced therein.

Fair enough. I guess we'll agree to disagree. My intent was not to derail the thread or shamelessly garner praise.

Quite honestly, I didn't think it warranted its own thread because it is (admittedly) a pretty simple idea that I've seen numerous times (I simply brough it to life, if you will). Still a recolor. Which was frowned upon in the concepts thread, once upon a time.

But as everything does, things change. I am realizing why I've become more of a lurker in recent years. Peace to y'all.

LEWJ, signing off one last time✌️

The concepts issue has been brought up before, but it doesn't really make sense to me and it's been unevenly enforced. Half the posts in these "changes coming" threads are concepts in word form... I want yellow facemasks with the helmet from the 60s and the yoke that they wore in 19dickety2 when the equipment manager (who was a mule) didn't separate the wash and dyed their regular uniforms pink and et cetera. I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about these kinds of posts... again, that's mostly what these threads are.

But if you do the same thing and include a picture to help the reader visualize what you think the new uniforms should look like, then it's a concept and it's verboten. I don't get it.

10 hours ago, LEWJ said:

Fair enough. I guess we'll agree to disagree. My intent was not to derail the thread or shamelessly garner praise.

Quite honestly, I didn't think it warranted its own thread because it is (admittedly) a pretty simple idea that I've seen numerous times (I simply brough it to life, if you will). Still a recolor. Which was frowned upon in the concepts thread, once upon a time.

But as everything does, things change. I am realizing why I've become more of a lurker in recent years. Peace to y'all.

LEWJ, signing off one last time✌️

LEWJ - don't bail on us. I'm not singling you out with my comment, but trying to offer my spin on the same thing that BBTV disliked. You weren't derailing the thread, and you were just one of many who have done that.

To those who say it always happens, I ask if that makes it right? You're right in that it is just varying comments on 'I wish it was this part of that uniform and it should be that color facemask not this -- gloss helmet not matte - blah blah blah'. MY WISH is that uniform update threads were limited to the uniform update. I don't care if you want to say it should be different, and even describe your differences. But if you want to show what YOUR uniform preference is - wait for it - that's called a CONCEPT.

To be clear, my use of 'you' in this is the royal you - directed at everyone, and not at anyone (with the exception of the first paragraph where I am addressing LEWJ).  Also, this is just my opinion, and I'm no one with any authority, so do as the Board instructs you to do 🙂

It's where I sit.

What has changed at these boards in my time here is the fact that so many posters are ready to jump at people for anything. It's absurd... BBTV isn't a mod, he didn't need to comment AT ALL. LEWJ also pulled the classic Teal move and threatened to quit an internet message board, that's lame. Nobody here is that important that you will be begged to stay IMO. 

With that said, I really like the concept LEWJ posted but they really need to just revert to their last set. It was one of the best uniforms in the league.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Archived