Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like the Browns need to avoid the dog heads, helmets and anything designed around just a "B". 

Would it be terrible to just use "Browns" cursive script as a primary? Yes, they would be the only NFL team to use a script logo, but it would at least be better than a helmet. Also would keep a traditional vibe. 

4 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I feel like the Browns need to avoid the dog heads, helmets and anything designed around just a "B". 

Would it be terrible to just use "Browns" cursive script as a primary? Yes, they would be the only NFL team to use a script logo, but it would at least be better than a helmet. Also would keep a traditional vibe. 

I could live with a Browns script on the helmet.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

6 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Big troll job here.

So they have a "surprise" uniform they won't show anyone and a color rush?

Dee Haslam already said it won't be seen in public anytime soon. Seeing as Beckham was presented with a color rush today I wonder if they're doing a Rams and making it their home uniform this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

43 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Dee Haslam already said it won't be seen in public anytime soon. Seeing as Beckham was presented with a color rush today I wonder if they're doing a Rams and making it their home uniform this year.

I wish, but I don't see the NFL allowing that. Would actually be smart to let the Browns roll with color rush and come out with a one season throwback. That gives them the chance to sell a crap ton of those two before the 2020's come out.

Just my guess but it seems they'll have 4 options. Home, road, color rush and a surprise alternate.

Going to be fun dissecting a 17 second video clip for months. Since this is all we'll get.

In the same interview where Dee Haslam confirmed new uniforms are on the way for 2020, she also said they’d be weaing color rush 3x again in 2019. I think this season will look a lot like 2018 — nothing new this year and a similar distribution of combinations to what we got last year.

As for the Baker video, I have no reason to doubt that what they showed him was legit. “Nothing fancy” is the phrase they keep hammering home over and over. I really think whatever they unveil in 2020 is going to be a hybrid of their classic uniforms and the popular color rush. They’ll strip away the gimmicks of 2015 and go for something as simple as possible, probably overly cautious, but definitely not a repeat of the mistakes made with the current set.

13 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

In the same interview where Dee Haslam confirmed new uniforms are on the way for 2020, she also said they’d be weaing color rush 3x again in 2019. I think this season will look a lot like 2018 — nothing new this year and a similar distribution of combinations to what we got last year.

As for the Baker video, I have no reason to doubt that what they showed him was legit. “Nothing fancy” is the phrase they keep hammering home over and over. I really think whatever they unveil in 2020 is going to be a hybrid of their classic uniforms and the popular color rush. They’ll strip away the gimmicks of 2015 and go for something as simple as possible, probably overly cautious, but definitely not a repeat of the mistakes made with the current set.

This has me cautiously optimistic. Nothing fancy and clean seem to be the words they keep repeating. 

I didn't expect Color Rush for more than 3 games, because the Browns don't seem to hate the current uniforms as much as we do. At least they don't feel they need to ask the league to flex the rules or else it would have happened last season. 

2 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

As long as they remove the weird "carbon fiber" pattern on it.

I don't mind it because you only notice it up close, but if you're going back to an older design I'd change those stripes too. Now everyone will complain because the facemasks aren't white or aren't grey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, Mitch B said:

I could live with a Browns script on the helmet.

If they were to put a logo of any kind on the helmet, "browns" or "Browns" in cursive would be fine. But the logo-less helmet is something they own, so I don't see it happening anytime soon.

17 minutes ago, selby56 said:

I may be mistaken, but didn't Randy Lerner make it part of the agreement when selling the team to Haslam that the he is not allowed to put a logo on the helmet? I swear I've read that on here before. 

I remember that as well, but I think that may have been tongue-in-cheek.  Personally, I'd like to see a logo helmet - maybe as an alternate, if that were possible.  There are just too many naysayers who oppose it so I doubt it will happen.  Too many fans living in the 50's and 60's in my opinion.  I think a younger generation could accept a well-thought out logo that brings a modern sensibility to the team while still embracing the past.

28 minutes ago, sealbrownandorange said:

I remember that as well, but I think that may have been tongue-in-cheek.  Personally, I'd like to see a logo helmet - maybe as an alternate, if that were possible.  There are just too many naysayers who oppose it so I doubt it will happen.  Too many fans living in the 50's and 60's in my opinion.  I think a younger generation could accept a well-thought out logo that brings a modern sensibility to the team while still embracing the past.

To me the helmet is the most iconic part of their branding. The elf and dog logos will come and go, but the orange helmet needs to stay. Just like Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc, there's no need for a logo on it because the design is the logo. Some will make the college vs. NFL argument but it has been around long enough to belong. 

52 minutes ago, sealbrownandorange said:

We wore throwback helmets with numbers on them in brown and weren't well received.

When fans say they want a logo they mean for merchandise, TV graphics, etc.  Not for the helmet. 

4 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

We wore throwback helmets with numbers on them in brown and weren't well received.

When fans say they want a logo they mean for merchandise, TV graphics, etc.  Not for the helmet. 

So like Penn State. They have a nice logo but maintain the history and tradition of the non-logoed helmet. 

5 hours ago, WBeltz said:

If they were to put a logo of any kind on the helmet, "browns" or "Browns" in cursive would be fine. But the logo-less helmet is something they own, so I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I think something like the "Ucla" script used on the Bruins helmets would work.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived