Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

2 hours ago, sealbrownandorange said:

Looks like Brownie to me, as well. Is the one on the very bottom a football, with maybe a letter B in it?  Colors look to be staying the same.

I understand that they do focus groups and what not, but why not let the fans vote on a uniform?

Because fans are just as varied in opinions as players and owners. Cleveland would need a new jersey every game to meet what everyone wants.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/22/2019 at 8:22 AM, VDizzle12 said:

Browns showed an extended clip (about 10 min into this episode) of Baker, Jarvis and OBJ seeing the new uniforms. They don't seem to excited, but some interesting things I noticed. OBJ definitely says "all-orange" after seeing the new color rush set. Also looks to be some new logos out of focus on the left at about 10:18. Obviously we can't make out what they are, but they seem like simple one color designs. Maybe monograms? The middle one looks like it might have some white in it, so it could be a modernized elf or something? Either way I'm encouraged because I don't see anything that looks like a helmet logo.

vqzvq8f61ut21.png

spacer.png

20 hours ago, sealbrownandorange said:

I understand that they do focus groups and what not, but why not let the fans vote on a uniform?

Because fans aren’t necessarily any better at this than anyone else.  Somebody is buying those Tampa Bay Bucs jerseys, after all.  

And ironically enough, fan votes can lead to lower satisfaction.  If you have more than two options in the poll, it’s rare to have one broach 50%. You get a plurality, not a majority.  That means when the uniform takes the field, most people wanted something else.  Which is okay in soccer, as kits have a built-in expiration and fans know they’ll be replaced in a year or two, but not in the NFL. 

On 4/26/2019 at 7:32 AM, Gothamite said:

Because fans aren’t necessarily any better at this than anyone else.  Somebody is buying those Tampa Bay Bucs jerseys, after all.  

And ironically enough, fan votes can lead to lower satisfaction.  If you have more than two options in the poll, it’s rare to have one broach 50%. You get a plurality, not a majority.  That means when the uniform takes the field, most people wanted something else.  Which is okay in soccer, as kits have a built-in expiration and fans know they’ll be replaced in a year or two, but not in the NFL. 

Just imagine a scenario where one uniform wins with far fewer fan votes than the other, and they're wearing trash uniforms on the field that the majority of their fans didn't want?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:09 PM, sealbrownandorange said:

I remember that as well, but I think that may have been tongue-in-cheek.  Personally, I'd like to see a logo helmet - maybe as an alternate, if that were possible.  There are just too many naysayers who oppose it so I doubt it will happen.  Too many fans living in the 50's and 60's in my opinion.  I think a younger generation could accept a well-thought out logo that brings a modern sensibility to the team while still embracing the past.

Even to the point where they want to keep the classic orange helmets with those brown/white/brown stripes would work on a white helmet, just add orange and we got brown/orange/brown stripes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived