Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/9/2019 at 1:35 PM, ~Bear said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns just made their Color Rush unis the primary and then used that as a template for the other jerseys and pants. It really seems like that's the direction ownership wants to move in. 

On 8/9/2019 at 1:56 PM, panthers_2012 said:

@~Bear,I totally agree. I believe their Color Rush will become the new uniform.

I think there's zero chance the Browns just make the current color rush uniform into the new primary. There has to be a marketing build-up, teases, videos of the players showing fake excitement (I think they've already even done that), and just generally a whole lotta hoopla before they drop a new uniform into stores for the purpose of selling a ton of new jerseys. There's no way they'd throw that all away just for the current color rush.  Unfortunately, this is also the reason I don't believe they'll just go back to the previous much superior uniform.

54 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think there's zero chance the Browns just make the current color rush uniform into the new primary. There has to be a marketing build-up, teases, videos of the players showing fake excitement (I think they've already even done that), and just generally a whole lotta hoopla before they drop a new uniform into stores for the purpose of selling a ton of new jerseys. There's no way they'd throw that all away just for the current color rush.  Unfortunately, this is also the reason I don't believe they'll just go back to the previous much superior uniform.

Yeah they showed a video of Mayfield, OBJ and Landry getting a look at the mockups. They all seemed to like them, but also had a "meh" type of reaction.

Waiting for a "splash" unveil makes no sense to me. They completely botched the last redesign, so why not show off mockups (or even leak some) now so you can judge the public's reaction. From a money standpoint what is better: 1) Good design that is well liked and sells for decades to come, or 2) Bad design that sells like crazy the first year but requires you to do yet another redesign in 2025. I doubt the Browns want to go through this process again...

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Waiting for a "splash" unveil makes no sense to me. They completely botched the last redesign, so why not show off mockups (or even leak some) now so you can judge the public's reaction. From a money standpoint what is better: 1) Good design that is well liked and sells for decades to come, or 2) Bad design that sells like crazy the first year but requires you to do yet another redesign in 2025. I doubt the Browns want to go through this process again...

Sure, but no team ever thinks they're debuting a "bad design"... Each time they must think they've got something good or they wouldn't do it.

I don't think they're really all that worried that the current design proved ultimately unpopular. They got what they wanted... A big local buzz and a huge uptick in jersey sales. You think they'll pass up a chance to do that again, when this time they'll be just as sure they "got it right"?

I also don't think they're all that concerned with how quickly they had to start over. It didn't matter to Jacksonville.

8 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Honestly the football B is a really boring logo.

I really feel if someone demanded that the Browns have a logo, they could add the brownie on the back of the helmet, similar to how college teams have a conference logo there. I'd prefer the helmet stay as it currently is, minus the brown facemask. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Honestly the football B is a really boring logo.

There really isn't much you can do logo wise for the Browns. I'd have no problem with the football logo if they changed the <=B=> to <=C=> so they had something for merchandising.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

50 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

There really isn't much you can do logo wise for the Browns. I'd have no problem with the football logo if they changed the <=B=> to <=C=> so they had something for merchandising.

I think there's a lot that can be done using a CB monogram. Either simple interlocking letters or C in the negative space of the B. Doesn't need to be anything too detailed, just make sure it stands the test of time and fits with the old school feel the team has been pushing. The B+football brings up too many bad memories of those 2000s teams.

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

I think there's a lot that can be done using a CB monogram. Either simple interlocking letters or C in the negative space of the B. Doesn't need to be anything too detailed, just make sure it stands the test of time and fits with the old school feel the team has been pushing. The B+football brings up too many bad memories of those 2000s teams.

Everything since 1964 brings up bad memories. 

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Does it? I feel like it's not that strongly attached to that era for anyone following the team, in part because it's always been a secondary logo.

Still think they need an updated version with a C to be a primary (without being slapped on the helmet of course).

I'm telling y'all, @rtrich11's concept logo is the one to go with (or at least base a logo from), with @andrewharrington's elf as the apparel/fan logo. 

Those two, in one package. Bam. Done.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 minutes ago, colortv said:

Links?

Harry's elf...

On 7/29/2019 at 9:36 PM, andrewharrington said:

spacer.png

Tom's "C"...

On 8/3/2019 at 9:29 AM, Buc said:

browns1.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Options: 

- the football logo but with a C instead of a B

- a simpler helmet logo that's not just the stock helmet logo

That's really all I've got. I don't think the elf makes enough sense.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived