Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

Disagree. In most cases I’m against extra outlines but having the brown one really works well. Not sure if the gray one would be necessary on anything other than a brown background, but it doesn’t bother me. That’s a strong logo, even if it binds them to that stripe pattern for the foreseeable future.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Does it? I feel like it's not that strongly attached to that era for anyone following the team, in part because it's always been a secondary logo.

Still think they need an updated version with a C to be a primary (without being slapped on the helmet of course).

Feel like everything I owned either had the B logo, old dog logo or serifed Browns block font on it. When I think of the reborn Browns those logos, the old all-white or brown over white uniforms, checkered patterns, and gray facemasks all come to mind. One of the reasons I didn't mind a change because the brand had become stale, boring and associated with losing. Little did I know they would switch to the worst uniforms in the NFL and no real logo.

• The helmet always has and always should be a major part of the brand. Updating to a more minimalist version that can be a proper emblem would be great IMO.
  • I love Brownie would not mind making the elf the primary, especially with a nice update.
  • I prefer the old Dawg Pound logo but regardless that should remain a fan logo rather than an actual part of the media identity.
  • The helmet striped C is a solid idea that would work for me as well.

The Browns have lots of options, but I only have two conditions for a primary logo:

1. Stay off the helmet.
  2. No new colors.

I don't want gray or cream or any other unnecessary nonsense getting thrown in. I preferred the old colors but maybe the new ones will look nicer with a better template.

(PLEASE HELP ME CREDIT THE DESIGNERS ON THESE) What I really want is a combo between the striping on the B logo below with a block C instead (but not the literal Indians ones). That said this only works if the team returns to their old uniforms/striping, which I doubt happens.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs89lXk1f5ikrCRNbhm8H

cleveland_browns_wes_kull.png

18 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Feel like everything I owned either had the B logo, old dog logo or serifed Browns block font on it. When I think of the reborn Browns those logos, the old all-white or brown over white uniforms, checkered patterns, and gray facemasks all come to mind. One of the reasons I didn't mind a change because the brand had become stale, boring and associated with losing. Little did I know they would switch to the worst uniforms in the NFL and no real logo.

Not to mention the fact that the team somehow managed to get even worse after making the change, something I did not think was possible.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:18 PM, Red Wolf said:

I'm just going to assume that this is because you're the last remaining Cleveland Rams fan, and you're still mad that they got run out of town by the Browns.

No. I just lost interest in the Browns since they just continue to choke. I love the Rams in Los Angeles. Rams should never return to Cleveland at all. That city is a city of losers!

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:16 AM, Old School Fool said:

I'm like 90% sure this is what the Browns will be wearing next season.

pvL5tJp.png

Thumbs down. Seen it too many times! Done to death! Green Bay, the Raiders, the Dallas Cowboys (1964-1980 and 1981-1994 road blues and navy blues respectfully), DA BEARS, the Miami Dolphins (throwbacks <3), the 49ers (to some degree), the New York Giants (if they start putting blue on their road whites), and the Houston Texans can pull off a better simple design without ugly colors to hinder it useless!

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

Thumbs down. Seen it too many times! Done to death! Green Bay, the Raiders, the Dallas Cowboys (1964-1980 and 1981-1994 road blues and navy blues respectfully), DA BEARS, the Miami Dolphins (throwbacks <3), the 49ers (to some degree), the New York Giants (if they start putting blue on their road whites), and the Houston Texans can pull off a better simple design without ugly colors to hinder it useless!

You literally just listed off every one of the greatest designs in NFL history and said they are bad. Go away troll and never come back.

3 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

No. I just lost interest in the Browns since they just continue to choke. I love the Rams in Los Angeles. Rams should never return to Cleveland at all. That city is a city of losers!

Your trolling is becoming more and more obvious. 

T1oYViW.png

If the Browns did get a proper logo, then where would it go on the uniform? It wouldn’t be on the helmet. It likely wouldn’t be on the sleeves of the jersey or the hips of the pants. Perhaps above the NOB á la Texans?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

4 minutes ago, Chawls said:

If the Browns did get a proper logo, then where would it go on the uniform? It wouldn’t be on the helmet. It likely wouldn’t be on the sleeves of the jersey or the hips of the pants. Perhaps above the NOB á la Texans?

Or on the left chest ala Pittsburgh.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 minutes ago, Chawls said:

On t-shirts, sideline jackets, and hats... where it belongs. 🙂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, Chawls said:

If the Browns did get a proper logo, then where would it go on the uniform? It wouldn’t be on the helmet.

It doesn't need to go anywhere on the uniform.  I just want it for NFL merchandising purposes.  Browns hats and jackets that feature an orange helmet or Browns wordmark look terribly out of place amongst other team's gear that are just their logo.

h15w474C474&w=180&h=150&rs=1&o=5&dpr=1.1th?id=OP.VrkgE%2BVM92mzdg474C474&w=180&hth?id=OP.5iJLmYjKIKINTg474C474&w=180&h=1th?id=OP.qWmNVpIVLRy5fQ300C300&w=180&h=1

9 hours ago, nuordr said:

I just hope they keep the brown facemask and don't back to the gray facemask. 

The Browns have already said they're not changing the helmet again. They don't want to go through the hassle of changing it all over their stadium and team faculty.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

17 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

The Browns have already said they're not changing the helmet again. They don't want to go through the hassle of changing it all over their stadium and team faculty.

They said they weren't changing it during the last redesign, and they still changed the shade of orange, the facemask, and the finish.

Ultimately none of that counts as "changes" to your average fan, who just saw an orange helmet with brown and white stripes. They could literally revert to the pre-2015 helmet and the "not touching the helmet" comment would stand. 

As for the stadium and team facility? The current helmet mark is the team's primary logo. That's why it's everywhere. Well by all accounts this rebrand will finally introduce a proper team logo. Whatever it is? It'll end up replacing the helmet in all of those locations anyway. 

Archived