Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

On 9/5/2019 at 5:27 PM, hawk36 said:

Or simply remove the white stripe (I know traditionalist hate this idea but visually I think it's way better). 

BrownsOrange.jpg

DING DING DING!!!  We have a winner.  There is nothing at all non traditional about this football uniform, yet it is a refreshing new look for a franchise sorely in need of a fresh start!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm worried that we're headed to a Jags-esque redesign here where the team says "people hated our old uniforms because they were too busy" and reacts to that by going way too simple like the Jags did. Homes will be exactly the current Color Rush set and they will add roads that are the Color Rush template but all white with brown numbers and stripes and no orange. 

On 9/6/2019 at 9:14 PM, the admiral said:

Contrast stitching is something that seems like a cool, heretofore unexplored area for design until it's done in real life and looks chintzy. As you said, it shows that modern football templates are these bizarre patchworks of odd shapes that bear no resemblance to how civilian attire would be assembled.

the contrast stitching was something I hadn't noticed until weeks after the unveiling when I had already declared these uniforms Grade F. 

I couldn't believe it. In 2016 the Browns decided to wear the football jersey equivalent of True Religion jeans. 

paul-dj-pauly-d-delvecchio-and-true-reli

6 hours ago, SHaMROCK said:

DING DING DING!!!  We have a winner.  There is nothing at all non traditional about this football uniform, yet it is a refreshing new look for a franchise sorely in need of a fresh start!!!

except the numbers are completely illegible from the stands and on TV. White numbers would bring the helmet stripe in and you wouldn't have to change the classic helmets. 

spacer.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

23 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

the contrast stitching was something I hadn't noticed until weeks after the unveiling

You were here on the day (or days after) the unveiling when the contrast stitching was talked about ad nauseum, right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

You were here on the day (or days after) the unveiling when the contrast stitching was talked about ad nauseum, right?

yeah I think so, but I either didn't read the thread as I often skip those megathreads, or I made note of the contrast stitching and then forgot about it until later. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Are the Browns not allowed to wear the color rush Brown jersey and their white pants? I know a lot of people hate the "BROWNS" on the leg, but I kind of like it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Are the Browns not allowed to wear the color rush Brown jersey and their white pants? I know a lot of people hate the "BROWNS" on the leg, but I kind of like it.

Cowboys wear white color rush pants with the navy jerseys...Browns should be able to do the same.  I think it's more aesthetics than a rule. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Why do you kinda like it? I honestly want to hear someone’s opinion on this. This is like the only thing of the set I actually hated. The rest was tolerable...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 9/6/2019 at 3:53 PM, gek_6 said:

Nothing special but quick easy fix. 

spacer.png

1. Fixed contrast stitching
  2. Shortened sleeve stripes
  3. Grey facemask (chose over white)
  4. "CLEVELAND" shrunk
  5. Numbers in white
  6. White pants w/ basic stripe contrast colored to sleeve and helmet stripes.

This is nearly a perfect fix.

The gray facemask is 100%, definitely the right call.

As for the font/numerals, I would go with their new custom font Nike created.  The pointed serif just doesnt fit.

For a team that doesn't have a logo, sticking with the 3 stripes and reinforcing it and emphasizing it is, again, the right call.

That combination would look across all 3 pants and 3 jerseys.

3 hours ago, JQK said:

Except the Jags look really good, and the Browns tried to fix what wasn't broken.

They need to be the Browns.

Yeah, that's gonna be a no for me, dawg. The Jags looked awful in their all white unis against the Chiefs yesterday. 

Honestly, the only thing the Browns need to do for their home uniforms is change the number font to white, the pants to orange, and then match the pant stripe to the helmet stripe. Easy fix. I'm sure they'll mess it up somehow though. I hope they at least keep the brown facemask. That was about the only part of those uniforms I liked when they debuted. 

48 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Why do you kinda like it? I honestly want to hear someone’s opinion on this. This is like the only thing of the set I actually hated. The rest was tolerable...

I think it looks cool, like in an 80s retrowave/gymwear kind of aesthetic.
Like a kid who had sweatpants in 1986 that said "TUFF DUDE."

Yes, it's kind of silly, but I still like it.

Or maybe because it looks like the GI Joe logo.

gi-joe-logo.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

58 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

This is nearly a perfect fix.

The gray facemask is a MAJOR DOWNGRADE, definitely the right call.

As for the font/numerals, I would go with their new custom font Nike created.  The pointed serif just doesnt fit.

For a team that doesn't have a logo, sticking with the 3 stripes and reinforcing it and emphasizing it is, again, the right call.

That combination would look across all 3 pants and 3 jerseys.

I fixed that mis-type for you! Seriously though, that looks great, but leave the Facemask brown. 

spacer.png

white > gray > brown

The Browns almost got it 100% in 1999.

ronnie-powell-1999.jpg

A- because the pants stripe was too thick, but that's still better than every change they've made to the uniforms since then. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

As it currently stands, are the Browns the only team who has the same colored numbers on their road and home jerseys? 

Also, what other times was that the case for a team?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived