Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

I’d say that gray can impact the overall color scheme of a helmet and it’s not the best choice for every team. However, gray facemasks are perfect for the Browns and any team trying to invoke a vintage aesthetic with the brand. It just can’t be a “cool” gray/blue-tinted gray that works better for silver helmet teams.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, CS85 said:

I would honestly love if there was a thread dedicated solely to facemasks, populated by the endless thousands of comments from over the years.  It would easily be hundreds of pages long at this point.

I’ve made a thread for such a thing. I think it would help to talk about the topic more.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:41 AM, McCarthy said:

I couldn't believe it. In 2016 the Browns decided to wear the football jersey equivalent of True Religion jeans. 

I hate to break it to you, but almost *all* jeans have contrast stitching, not just the ugly ones.

Now, if they had embroidered filigree and rhinestones on the shoulders, I think you’d have a point. 🙂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

21 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

I agree. I think the white facemask makes it look very 90s. In a bad way. 

Honestly i think their previous uniforms were close to perfect. 

If they do go back to a gray mask, black cleats are a must imo. Gray masks (excluding teams like Dal, Oak, etc.) should always be paired with black cleats. Alabama does it best. 

I wish there were grey gloves and shoes for teams with grey masks. I always thought that would be a nice way to coordinate all the equipment and make a rogue grey mask less of an eyesore for the non-believers. 😂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

34 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I hate to break it to you, but almost *all* jeans have contrast stitching, not just the ugly ones.

Now, if they had embroidered filigree and rhinestones on the shoulders, I think you’d have a point. 🙂

Nike likes to save that sort of thing for college.

usa_today_10291749.0.jpg

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

I more meant that those jeans really emphasized the stitching. It was thick and bright white. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

7 hours ago, BucksFan5 said:

Has anyone seen the full shirt design that Odell is wearing here? It kinda looks like an updated/redesigned brownie the elf. I believe it's the weight room shirt, but I can't seem to find a clear pic of the logo anywhere.

It looks like a full color version of this graphic, including the text, which is itself a “camera-ready” version of the Browns’ earliest, pre-NFL depiction of Brownie, as seen on their 1946 program covers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

10 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

It looks like a full color version of this graphic, including the text, which is itself a “camera-ready” version of the Browns’ earliest, pre-NFL depiction of Brownie, as seen on their 1946 program covers.

spacer.png

Just make this guy the logo and color him in, and you can roll with him for another 50 years. Just get rid of the grass underneath him. I'd also be happy if their sleeve stripes were similar to what's her in this design. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Just make this guy the logo and color him in, and you can roll with him for another 50 years. Just get rid of the grass underneath him. I'd also be happy if their sleeve stripes were similar to what's her in this design. 

I wish the team would have used the brownie elf logo they had a decade ago as the primary merchandise logo. But it's clear the team never saw that more than a novelty. Mostly because when they survey fans is always "we don't want a logo on the helmet" means we want the helmet on merchandise. 

On 9/5/2019 at 5:27 PM, hawk36 said:

Or simply remove the white stripe (I know traditionalist hate this idea but visually I think it's way better). 

BrownsOrange.jpg

After seeing these on the field tonight, I agree completely, but just with this set.  By no means should they ever change the helmet full-time, but it would be a simple and very effective improvement to this particular set.

If the Browns are set on going with a new look based off that (and the game last night), the only way it would work is if the white center stripe is removed--otherwise it'll stick out like a sore thumb.

I can see how a redesigned set based on this would look...and with the exception of the "away set", it'd pretty much have to exclude the white--which the more I think about it right in line with the "callback-to-old-school" aesthetic I'm sure both they and the Swoosh are chasing down right now. I wish there was a way for them to lighten up the brown just a smidge so it'd actually read as brown and not some weird shade of muted purple--but they have to be able to see the actual football, so...eh well.

In the absence of an actual Browns concept, let me give you what I think (okay, hope) they might be looking at via an old Grambling State concept from many years ago...just swap out black and yellow for brown and orange (and disregard the helmets; just pretend they're orange with two brown stripes like the photo above)...

GSU_stylebook3.png

GSU_stylebook4.png

GSU_stylebook5.png

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, iBrockely said:

If the Browns are gonna do a Redo, can they put some brown in their end zone???

The just 2 orange stripes look's lazy or like they ran out of time.

I was watching the game last night and it was driving me crazy.

The end zone was brown with 2 orange stripes. I'd prefer some type of wordmark though instead of the stripes. I know that's their thing this year but it shouldn't be applied to everything. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The end zone was brown with 2 orange stripes. I'd prefer some type of wordmark though instead of the stripes. I know that's their thing this year but it shouldn't be applied to everything. 

Seemed to work better when the stripes went vertically last season. More stripes and more orange.

Archived