Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Report: Browns New Unis Taking a Traditional Turn

January 4, 2020 - 17:06 PM

It sounds like Cleveland Browns fans will have something incredible to look forward to this Spring. According to a Tweet from Fox Sports Ohio’s Tony Grossi, the Browns new uniforms will “look like traditional Browns unis”. What is a traditional […]

Read More...

Never hated the current set except for the ridiculous pants wordmark.   It'll be seen as a brief detour like the 1984 set.    Would love to see the mix/match combinations 3x3 brown/orange/white still available. Fun way to have something new but still fit with the tradition.

Tweet in question. This is a good sign.

In a perfect world, the Browns would would still be wearing this, but with a Gray Facemask rather than White.

spacer.png

Also, can we get this thread merged with the main Browns thread?

da0Lbhs.png

4 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Tweet in question. This is a good sign.

In a perfect world, the Browns would would still be wearing this, but with a Gray Facemask rather than White.

spacer.png

Also, can we get this thread merged with the main Browns thread?

They need to have sock stripes similar to the sleeves. Plain brown isn't a good look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Not to nitpick, but was there a reason to change the title? The old one was fine and this one is moreso for one part rather than the threads point of discussing all parts of the 2020 Browns Uniform.

da0Lbhs.png

11 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Not to nitpick, but was there a reason to change the title? The old one was fine and this one is moreso for one part rather than the threads point of discussing all parts of the 2020 Browns Uniform.

did they seriously overwrite the old title with one created to promote an article on the mothership? :rolleyes: 

33 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

21 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

did they seriously overwrite the old title with one created to promote an article on the mothership? :rolleyes: 

G-ddamn, talk about hyperbolic.

I merged the titles, and I chose to keep the news story title over the original title. And no, it wasn't "to promote an article." How would that even work?

I chose the news report title because the old title was "Rumour: Browns to get New Uniforms in 2020." The article's title confirms that this is indeed happening, and mentions the new unis' style. The story is no longer a rumour. Therefore I chose the title with more recent info.

So yeah...walk that back, both of you. It's hardly worth commenting on. Let alone getting indignant about.

Sorry if I came off like a jerk, but I don’t like the bot articles that, yes, exist only to point towards a mothership article. All-too-often they are duplicates of a thread already in place and contribute very little new to the discussion.  How many of them get quickly merged into existing threads?

8 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Sorry if I came off like a jerk, but I don’t like the bot articles that, yes, exist only to point towards a mothership article. All-too-often they are duplicates of a thread already in place and contribute very little new to the discussion.  How many of them get quickly merged into existing threads?

They all get merged into existing topics if possible. Nine times out of ten? The original thread titles are maintained. There's no policy on that, but it's how we do things. I was merging the Browns threads and, when prompted to pick which title to keep, opted for the newer newsbot article. The reasons why were as I stated. The old title referred to a rumoured Browns change, whereas the newsbot article clearly identified that a change was happening and provided relevant info.

The original title just seemed out of date in comparison.

My comment on "how would that even work?" regarding promoting a news article is because I don't see how choosing the newsbot title redirects anyone. The newsbot's title was chosen, but the merged posts still exist in chronological order. Meaning the original post of the first thread is still the OP.

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They need to have sock stripes similar to the sleeves. Plain brown isn't a good look. 

Judging by the current state of the NFL’s sock game, striped socks give Nike a rage boner that pushes them into cranking out more terrible flashy junk. 

Did the browns ever wear the mono orange they teased tormented us with at the unveiling?

jpeg

Nike_Cleveland_Group_HERO_16X9_original.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

@nash61 No, orange/orange is the only jersey/pants combo that was never worn. Orange jersey/brown pants was worn once.

I’m curious to see what the Browns do with a third jersey. Twice they’ve tried to introduce an orange option, but have abandoned it within a couple years both times. Maybe they go throwback this time.

Archived