Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, nash61 said:

Did the browns ever wear the mono orange they teased tormented us with at the unveiling?

jpeg

Nike_Cleveland_Group_HERO_16X9_original.

Sad to point out that none of the players featured in the 2015 uniform reveal - Whitner, Mack, Mingo, Bryant - are on the Browns anymore. In fact, I believe Joel Bitonio is the only holdover from the 2015 roster. I guess we'll get Mayfield, OBJ, Chubb, and Landry in the upcoming ceremony...

I think orange jerseys worn once, maybe twice a year is just fine so long as it’s always over white pants. To be honest, I always loved this uniform, drop shadow and all:

spacer.png

On the flip side though, I haven’t been as big a fan of the orange pants as others are. They’re okay with the white jersey (and even then I’d only want that maybe once or twice a year too), but I think the orange pants with the brown jersey is, frankly, a bit ugly.

The traditional orange-brown-white always struck the perfect balance of colors to me, and I think orange pants just throws it off terribly.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I love the orange. I think brown should be to Browns as purple is to Clemson. A trim color and periodic alt. Though I would lo be to see Clemson in purple tops next week...    As many have clarified, the Brown's are not really named for the color. 

4 hours ago, sealbrownandorange said:

Sad to point out that none of the players featured in the 2015 uniform reveal - Whitner, Mack, Mingo, Bryant - are on the Browns anymore. In fact, I believe Joel Bitonio is the only holdover from the 2015 roster. I guess we'll get Mayfield, OBJ, Chubb, and Landry in the upcoming ceremony...

That's unless new management trades away OBJ, which that'd be a dumb move.  Yet again I didn't see the Giants trading him a year after giving him that huge extension

15 hours ago, nash61 said:

Did the browns ever wear the mono orange they teased tormented us with at the unveiling?

jpeg

Nike_Cleveland_Group_HERO_16X9_original.

No.  They didn't wear three out of the 18 or so combinations (not including Color Rush).  Orange/Orange/Orange, Orange/Orange/Brown and Orange/Brown/Brown

7 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think orange jerseys worn once, maybe twice a year is just fine so long as it’s always over white pants. To be honest, I always loved this uniform, drop shadow and all:

spacer.png

On the flip side though, I haven’t been as big a fan of the orange pants as others are. They’re okay with the white jersey (and even then I’d only want that maybe once or twice a year too), but I think the orange pants with the brown jersey is, frankly, a bit ugly.

The traditional orange-brown-white always struck the perfect balance of colors to me, and I think orange pants just throws it off terribly.

Liked because I’m glad I’m not the only one to like the Browns’ 2000s Orange alternates (dropshadow and all), but I do disagree on the orange and brown pants.

While I prefer the traditional White pants under the Brown tops too, I do like the orange pants as an option to wear with the brown tops and (more often) with the white tops.

As for the brown pants? At least in the on-its-way-out set (I know, not a high bar at all), orange over brown was probably the best combo involving the brown pants, and could be worn once, maybe twice a year with the white tops, if they ever fixed the “Browns down the leg” issue.

Of course, I’m really hoping that the Browns do the right thing and finally give us full, classic pants stripes once again.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

22 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

@nash61 No, orange/orange is the only jersey/pants combo that was never worn. Orange jersey/brown pants was worn once.

I’m curious to see what the Browns do with a third jersey. Twice they’ve tried to introduce an orange option, but have abandoned it within a couple years both times. Maybe they go throwback this time.

I'd keep the orange.  But they could use orange numbers on brown for a simple alt. Actually the current color rush would make sense.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:01 PM, McCarthy said:

Yes because it does. There's other white elements on the uniform. A white facemask looks like it belong with the uniform. 

Yes it absolutely can. There are no gray elements anywhere else so the gray leaps out at me and it's the only thing I can focus on. The same has always been true for me for the Cardinals and 49ers gray facemasks. 

Where does the definition of gray say it lacks color? It is a color. It's a different color than white and that color is present nowhere else on the uniform. There's only two reasons to use a gray facemask and that is to 1. give the appearance of a vintage uniform or 2. because it's one of your colors. If anything, on a uniform without gray anywhere else, the gray facemask was a choice made to grab attention, to say "THIS IS A THROWBACK UNIFORM SEE WE'RE USING A GRAY FACEMASK." 

I agree the grey mask makes the helmet shell stand out more...Dallas, the raiders, Miami's throwbacks ( I prefer aqua with miami) and ,buffalo

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

On 9/10/2019 at 12:01 PM, McCarthy said:

If anything, on a uniform without gray anywhere else, the gray facemask was a choice made to grab attention, to say "THIS IS A THROWBACK UNIFORM SEE WE'RE USING A GRAY FACEMASK." 

This used to be my opinion 100% of the time, but it's softened to only around 80%.  I think gray looked great for the Browns.  Gray with orange and brown is just a good combo, and it had the traditional look that went with their then uniforms.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

53 minutes ago, scraw28 said:

I agree the grey mask makes the helmet shell stand out more...Dallas, the raiders, Miami's throwbacks ( I prefer aqua with miami) and ,buffalo

Cowboys, Raiders, and Giants get a pass from me because they're all vintage uniforms and gray is one of their colors so it works on two counts. 

Miami's throwback gets a pass as well because it's a throwback, but if they were to adopt that uniform full-time I'd prefer a white or aqua mask, among other corrections I'd make to use it as an every game uniform. If you went back to that uniform verbatim I think those novel flaws would become tired quirks real fast, much the same way the Flyers contrasting nameplate sticks out so much.

Buffalo's gray facemask irks me because that's not a deliberate throwback uniform and I can see it looking better with white or blue. It's even worse after seeing how good it looked earlier this year in Dallas when they wore it with a white facemask, which would be my second choice behind blue. That helmet would SING with a blue facemask. It'd be sharp as hell, a top 10 helmet in the league. 

I think the 49ers would look better with red facemasks, but I always get LAMBASTED for this take. 

The Titans get a pass, I guess, because gray is one of their colors now, though navy blue would look better. Their uniforms are a much larger mess and need to be dealt with swiftly. The facemask is like the 11th worst part of that uniform. 

If the Browns go full throwback then I could live with a gray mask, but if they just go to another new uniform design then my order of preference is white, brown, gray, orange. 

The only way I'll accept a gray facemask for the Cardinals is if they return to the more traditional Pat Tillman uniforms. The incredibly 2004 uniforms paired with that facemask is jarringly incongruous and it makes the helmet looks like it was bought off the rack at a nearby sporting goods store rather than a deliberate choice. If you use a cardinal red mask that would make the helmet feel like it's designed to match the uniforms they're wearing below it. The notion that they need to wear a gray facemask because it's traditional for them to do so - well that flew out the window when they started wearing Arena League costumes and updated the logo. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This used to be my opinion 100% of the time, but it's softened to only around 80%.  I think gray looked great for the Browns.  Gray with orange and brown is just a good combo, and it had the traditional look that went with their then uniforms.  

I like gray for the Browns provided they use Jim Brown uniforms, but I like white or brown facemasks for them more. I think the only color facemask for them that I'd truly hate is orange. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived