Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

18 hours ago, simtek34 said:

In their defense, the whole NFL has their Helmet as an alternate logo, and they all use the VSR-4, which as you said, was banned last year. It’s more so what the NFL uses in marketing, which are those helmets, and the 2-Bar Helmets.

There's nothing wrong with using that in certain applications, and the VSR-4 has kind of become the 'iconic' football helmet, but using it as your primary in lieu of an actual logo is just bad.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I'd assume this confirms the helmet/logo and wordmark are staying the same.

Just put some Brown paint in that End Zone and a logo at Midfield (preferably Brownie the Elf) and that should go on the field in Cleveland Browns Stadium forever.

Right @pitt6pack?

da0Lbhs.png

Based on Absolutely Nothing, Here's My Prediction:

Helmet stays exactly as is with the carbon fiber brown stripes, brown facemask, same finish on the orange shell, etc. Jerseys use 3 stripes the same way they've been, but they don't extend so far into the chest and are kept to the sleeves. Numbers are the same font, but "Rise" shadow is gone. I'd love to say they'll use single color numbers, but I feel like they're going to goof this up and put an orange outline on them. I think they'll get it right and go with white numbers on the brown jersey and brown numbers on the white jersey rather than orange on both. The big CLEVELAND on the chests is gone. BROWNS on the pants is gone. White pants use a full leg brown-orange-brown stripe, brown pants use an orange-white-orange stripe, and orange pants that use a stripe that matches the helmet. No socks, no idea because if last season is any indication the league no longer cares about socks. They'll probably wear full length brown socks at home and all white on the road. 

They'll be lauded by normal (dumb) people for returning to their classic unis and we'll pull our hair because while closer to the classics, there's just enough stupid details to make you nuts. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I kinda hope they go back to white facemasks. They just look more like the classic Browns that way.

Something about this comment made me die inside. 

I feel like this was the first comment I read on this board almost 20 years ago. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, Sport said:

Based on Absolutely Nothing, Here's My Prediction:

Helmet stays exactly as is with the carbon fiber brown stripes, brown facemask, same finish on the orange shell, etc. Jerseys use 3 stripes the same way they've been, but they don't extend so far into the chest and are kept to the sleeves. Numbers are the same font, but "Rise" shadow is gone. I'd love to say they'll use single color numbers, but I feel like they're going to goof this up and put an orange outline on them. I think they'll get it right and go with white numbers on the brown jersey and brown numbers on the white jersey rather than orange on both. The big CLEVELAND on the chests is gone. BROWNS on the pants is gone. White pants use a full leg brown-orange-brown stripe, brown pants use an orange-white-orange stripe, and orange pants that use a stripe that matches the helmet. No socks, no idea because if last season is any indication the league no longer cares about socks. They'll probably wear full length brown socks at home and all white on the road. 

They'll be lauded by normal (dumb) people for returning to their classic unis and we'll pull our hair because while closer to the classics, there's just enough stupid details to make you nuts. 

Yeah, I think this is how it will happen too. It will be a very underwhelming but welcomed change.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, Sport said:

That number font has to go.  It's a mess;

spacer.png

That stupid angle at the end of the vertical terminators? And the corresponding angle on the turns of the middle horizontals? WFT? Makes the numbers look like they were improperly sewn on. As usual, a simple traditional block would be, by far, the best choice for a team like the browns.

19 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That number font has to go.  It's a mess;

spacer.png

That stupid angle at the end of the vertical terminators? And the corresponding angle on the turns of the middle horizontals? WFT? Makes the numbers look like they were improperly sewn on. As usual, a simple traditional block would be, by far, the best choice for a team like the browns.

You are preaching to the choir, but I think it's very unlikely that they ace this rebrand with a 100/100 and given NFL properties recent propensity for head-scratching decisions, the "ya almost had it except for [one hugely obvious bad choice]" that happens even on the "good" designs, and love for fonts that are straight ASS, I'm guessing they stick with this Browns font- especially because the practice field picture shows the wordmark in the matching font. Would love to be wrong.

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, Sport said:

You are preaching to the choir, but I think it's very unlikely that they ace this rebrand with a 100/100 and given NFL properties recent propensity for head-scratching decisions, the "ya almost had it except for [one hugely obvious bad choice]" that happens even on the "good" designs, and love for fonts that are straight ASS, I'm guessing they stick with this Browns font- especially because the practice field picture shows the wordmark in the matching font. Would love to be wrong.

I would agree that it's unlikely that they'd show enough restraint to just go with a standard block font, but for some reason I do think it won't be the same font from this uniform they're ditching. It just seems that a custom font is always such a focus of these redesigns, it's hard to picture them giving up the opportunity to indulge in some fun new Nike gibberish about how the new font represents the grittiness of Cleveland's hard working sandwich venders, or something.

Plus, Jacksonville got a new font with both of their Nike makeovers... and the second one is a pretty awesome block variation IMHO, so who knows, maybe they'll get it right.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Sorry?

No, sorry if it was interpreted that I didn't like your post.  I just found it surreal is all.  Like a deja vu moment or something.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived