Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

This is all we need.  Just give us these, with:

1.  White facemask

2.  Original Cleveland Browns Orange

3.  No wordmark on the chest

4.  A striped Brown sock with a rule that you wear Brown/Black cleats with Brown socks and White cleats with White socks, no exceptions. 

kenbrell-thompkins-joe-haden-nfl-oakland-raiders-cleveland-browns-850x560-compressor.jpg

screen-shot-2014-03-05-at-9-32-42-am.png?w=660&h=442&crop=1

Ben-Tate-640x381.jpg

trentsunday.jpg

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

I like the strokes around the numbers...I actually really like that jersey.  And I love the brown mask.  I'm not buying brown pants with that jersey but from the waist-up, they look good.

If they were to do this (I prefer just white numbers), I'd say the stroke around the number has to be thicker to match the visual boldness of the stripes. 

1 hour ago, Volt said:

trentsunday.jpg

Pink socks/gloves aside, if the Browns only ever wore this uniform, it would be basically perfect.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Little pet peeve, is when the pants have two stripes then the shoulder would have three plus theyd be different widths. Like the color rush browns set, should be two stripes on the shoulders the same width on the pants. Just for consistence sake. 

39 minutes ago, bcon_731 said:

Little pet peeve, is when the pants have two stripes then the shoulder would have three plus theyd be different widths. Like the color rush browns set, should be two stripes on the shoulders the same width on the pants. Just for consistence sake. 

It works in this case because a) tradition and b) they match the helmet stripe in pattern/width.

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Not even the Browns. Even with the big wordmarks, the current Browns pants were better than the plain ones. 

I was with you until that second sentence. 

Both were an abomination. There was no "better" between the two. 

2 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

I was with you until that second sentence. 

Both were an abomination. There was no "better" between the two. 

Both were abhorrent, the 2015 only slightly less.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

That *is* a principle of design, but in my opinion, slapping the exact same pattern on every part of the uniform results in a pretty lifeless final product. Exercising other principles within the design goes a long way toward making it more interesting.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

34 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

That *is* a principle of design, but in my opinion, slapping the exact same pattern on every part of the uniform results in a pretty lifeless final product.

this.

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

That *is* a principle of design, but in my opinion, slapping the exact same pattern on every part of the uniform results in a pretty lifeless final product. Exercising other principles within the design goes a long way toward making it more interesting.

Why I hate “consistent stripes” (e.g., Florida, Ohio State, etc.).

And why I hate simply click-and-filling the same stripes in different colors, like the Packers’ roads. 

Putting the same set of colors in a different order results in a very different look.  They interact with each other in different ways, and that relationship doesn’t always work.  

spacer.pngspacer.png

You should never put a gold stripe next to a white stripe.  Never

I wish the Packers would go back to the classic road stripes, just as I hope that the Browns don’t take this opportunity to make all their stripe combinations matchy-matchy.  Let each stripe set be dictated by the specific application.  

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

You should never put a gold stripe next to a white stripe.  Never

This is accurate.

I'm one that does like consistency in stripes in most cases.  It's almost like the stripe becomes an alt logo.  Kinda like a family tartan.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

And why I hate simply click-and-filling the same stripes in different colors, like the Packers’ roads. 

I wish the Packers would go back to the classic road stripes, just as I hope that the Browns don’t take this opportunity to make all their stripe combinations matchy-matchy.  Let each stripe set be dictated by the specific application.  

The whole "every stripe should match" game is over.  It was played, and won handily, by the 80's Houston Oilers.  They did it, it was great, it was a perfect fit for their color scheme and the uniform cuts of the period, but anyone else is just doing a less effective imitation.

spacer.png

In my mind, helmet/pants stripes and jersey/socks stripes are two different animals, and really don't need to look anything alike. Helmet/pants stripes are designed for the vertical, and are best displayed for length.  Jersey/socks stripes are designed for the horizontal, and look better with a bit more width. The classic football uniforms from the 60's (the greatest decade of sports uniform design, across the board) matched the same stripes on the helmet and pants, and a second set of stripes matched the jersey and the socks.  Perfection, if matching stripes is what you're after. 

spacer.png   spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This is accurate.

I'm one that does like consistency in stripes in most cases.  It's almost like the stripe becomes an alt logo.  Kinda like a family tartan.

I can see that. The Packers might not bother me so much if they did what the Steelers do, and added dark stripes as a “background” around the stripes on their white jerseys. 

spacer.png

Archived