Looks/color schemes/identities you would like to see

The Grizzlies had one of my favourite colour schemes in all of sports. Teal, Black, Red look surprisingly awesome together. The only semi-relevant sports club currently wearing those colours is a junior hockey team.

Vancouver Grizzlies (1996 - 1999)Image result for leon draisaitl rockets

It's unique, it looks good together, and for the Grizzlies, it really fit the Pacific Northwest theme. If by some miracle Vancouver ever gets an NBA team back, regardless of what its called, I'd be really disappointed if they didn't use these colours again. I've also got my fingers crossed the Seattle NHL expansion club uses something similar, as it would fit them well too.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Chromatic said:

The Grizzlies had one of my favourite colour schemes in all of sports. Teal, Black, Red look surprisingly awesome together. The only semi-relevant sports club currently wearing those colours is a junior hockey team.

Vancouver Grizzlies (1996 - 1999)Image result for leon draisaitl rockets

It's unique, it looks good together, and for the Grizzlies, it really fit the Pacific Northwest theme. If by some miracle Vancouver ever gets an NBA team back, regardless of what its called, I'd be really disappointed if they didn't use these colours again. I've also got my fingers crossed the Seattle NHL expansion club uses something similar, as it would fit them well too.

That colour scheme is a definitely top choice if Vancouver gets a MLB team. 

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

On 1/6/2020 at 12:40 PM, ScubaSteve said:

Light blue and brown (dark, closer to the new Padres' brown) is a combination that can sometimes actually look pretty nice. But no sports team I know of has ever had it

Tufts has it but underutilizes it in favor of gray in their identity it appears.

Halas2006.JPG

thumbnail_default.jpg?max_width=600&max_

On 1/6/2020 at 5:45 AM, Chawls said:

A team in another major American sport use burgundy and light blue like the Colorado Avalanche. 

Like the Colorado Rapids?

15af8b6301eb4c60ae3c83154c3ba6c2.jpg?w=4

On 1/6/2020 at 11:43 AM, -Akronite- said:

My current dream is for the Indians to drop

My high school has orange and white as their colors, but unfortunately they have always tended to basically make navy a school color and use it as a primary with orange as the secondary. It sucks and looks so mundane. I want them to embrace the orange and white completely, for a Tennessee-esque look, perhaps while maintaining our darker orange. No navy, no black, no gray, just orange and white. It's a beautiful combo IMO.

usatsi_11303012-2.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=

Wouldn't mind seeing a pro team give it a shot either. Pretty much any color paired with just white makes for a great color scheme. Always bothers me when colors get added endlessly and you end up with a muddled palate and no distinct identity.

I'd love to see it happen (again) too...but unfortunately I believe the last semblance of that colorway as a primary look died in 1997; doubtful it'll ever return. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 1/4/2020 at 6:09 PM, Shumway said:

The all caps olde english is atrocious, but these are quite nice

Del_Castillo.jpg

Also, I've been clamoring for years for a pro team to pick up Tulane's dark green and light blue color scheme. The closest we have are the Daytona Tortugas.

cut.png

I agree it's a great color combination. This should've been the Devil Rays color scheme on their second round of uniforms, but they went too dark and too muted with both colors. 

My middle school was painted in these colors and I've wanted a pro team to try burgundy and teal for forever

spacer.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

54 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I agree it's a great color combination. This should've been the Devil Rays color scheme on their second round of uniforms, but they went too dark and too muted with both colors. 

My middle school was painted in these colors and I've wanted a pro team to try burgundy and teal for forever

spacer.png

Hell yes!

Purple+teal, burgandy+teal, maroon+light blue are all gorgeous and underutilized IMO. 

It's a shame Philly has refused to go the maroon route, but I guess we need at least 70% of the MLB looking patriotic.

On 1/7/2020 at 2:40 PM, McCarthy said:

spacer.png

Not sports obviously, but there's a real estate company in my area that uses maroon and teal together. Definitely catches the eye. There's also an apartment complex whose sign is maroon, teal, and something in between yellow and gold - I'd say it's closer to gold but it isn't metallic.

10 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

A pro team called the Flint Tropics with an updated logo, same colors.

You do know that was a fake team right? And tropics and flint Michigan have absolutely nothing in common. There is a reason why it was used in a parody film.

5 hours ago, dont care said:

You do know that was a fake team right? And tropics and flint Michigan have absolutely nothing in common. There is a reason why it was used in a parody film.

Come on. Everyone knows that they were a struggling ABA franchise that was famous for the antics of their owner/player, Jackie Moon. It's history. I read it in a book somewhere.

5 hours ago, dont care said:

Yea, that's why I think it would be funny if they were a real team.  It would be a good Heat G-league team I think.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

58 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Yea, that's why I think it would be funny if they were a real team.  It would be a good Heat G-league team I think.

It wouldn’t. People would go “isn’t that the team from that :censored:ty Will Farrell movie? No it’s a team trying to get attention from it” and that’s it. It’s Brandios (sp?) levels of branding 

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

You're wrong. Clearly that wouldn't be any fun at all and the Heat already have an iconic G-League team called the *checks notes* Sioux Falls Skyforce. So I think we can all safely ignore your worthless suggestions. /s

Has any team done a one-off Tropics night?

Archived