Looks/color schemes/identities you would like to see

On 1/5/2020 at 3:17 PM, NicDB said:

It turns out my timeline was a bit off too... I didn't think the red-less version showed up until at least a couple years after it apparently did.

Still, the arrival of the double greens coincided with the fizzling out of what could have been a dynasty for the Bucks, and by the time they were replaced, Milwaukee had more or less become the NBA's Siberia.  @DavidDunn21 even mentioned the clunky whiteboy thing in his brilliant YouTube series on the Bucks identity. 

They also had the bad misfortune of being immortalized as what was arguably the worst team on NBA Jam.

spacer.png

Hey thanks!  Part 3 coming maybe in March

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, dont care said:

You do know that was a fake team right? And tropics and flint Michigan have absolutely nothing in common. There is a reason why it was used in a parody film.

15 hours ago, dont care said:

It wouldn’t. People would go “isn’t that the team from that :censored:ty Will Farrell movie? No it’s a team trying to get attention from it” and that’s it. It’s Brandios (sp?) levels of branding 

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The old Bucks logo was in NBA Jam?!? I could have sworn the purple-green Bucks and post-rainbow Nuggets were in NBA Jam. The purple Kings didn't come around until Jam TE.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 1/4/2020 at 11:31 PM, Wade Heidt said:

The old Plymouth Whalers in the OHL had a little bit of what you are looking for with their alternate uniform.

spacer.png

My old High School team: Allderdice Dragons used the Hartford Whalers Blue / Gray (sadly the Hockey team ceased operations in 2011 due to lack of funding from Pittsburgh Public Schools)

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I keep posting, but I keep thinking of more. I would like to see more patterns being used in jerseys rather than just solid colors. In soccer patterns are used on basically every jersey, so I think they can be used in other sports as well, especially basketball.

Brown in general I think is a very underused color but, I would love to see Brown/Red a lot more often it is a very cool color scheme. I could have sworn Cornell wore brown but I am not sure.

Black/Pink/Light Blue. I wish the Marlins went all in on the Miami Vice color scheme rather than half doing it with a shade of red. Either that or the Heat embrace their Miami Vice uniforms full time.

Green/Red. I love Christmas colors. I think the Bucks biggest mistake was abandoning this uniform for the green and cream.

Archived