MCM0313

Looks/color schemes/identities you would like to see

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

Brown in general I think is a very underused color but, I would love to see Brown/Red a lot more often it is a very cool color scheme. I could have sworn Cornell wore brown but I am not sure.

 

You may have been thinking of fellow Ivy Leaguers Brown University

20171110_bw_gridiron_dartmouth_brown_09-

I agree it's a great color scheme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, jmoe12 said:

You may have been thinking of fellow Ivy Leaguers Brown University

20171110_bw_gridiron_dartmouth_brown_09-

I agree it's a great color scheme

Yeah! I keep mixing those two up thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

Brown in general I think is a very underused color but, I would love to see Brown/Red a lot more often it is a very cool color scheme. I could have sworn Cornell wore brown but I am not sure.

 

 

Definitely underused and looks good.

 

Famously worn proudly by St. Pauli in Germany.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

Brown in general I think is a very underused color but, I would love to see Brown/Red a lot more often it is a very cool color scheme. I could have sworn Cornell wore brown but I am not sure.

 

Black/Pink/Light Blue. I wish the Marlins went all in on the Miami Vice color scheme rather than half doing it with a shade of red. Either that or the Heat embrace their Miami Vice uniforms full time.

Green/Red. I love Christmas colors. I think the Bucks biggest mistake was abandoning this uniform for the green and cream.

 

I agree wholeheartedly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

Green/Red. I love Christmas colors. I think the Bucks biggest mistake was abandoning this uniform for the green and cream.

 

Well you do have the Minnesota Wild... Which I’m assuming that you would have known about given the Vikings logo as your avatar. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Well you do have the Minnesota Wild... Which I’m assuming that you would have known about given the Vikings logo as your avatar. 

 

Yup as someone born in Minneapolis, I do follow the Wild quite a bit. I just wish they weren't like the only team that used such an awesome color scheme in the 4 major sports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/12/2020 at 10:50 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

There's lots of unused/underused color schemes that could be claimed;

 

spacer.png

Top row, left = Aston Villa, West Ham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see an NFL or MLB team abandon white entirely in favor of cream. A cream and maroon team would be beyond classy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jeffery said:

I'd love to see an NFL or MLB team abandon white entirely in favor of cream. A cream and maroon team would be beyond classy.

I hate cream 99% of the time. It just ends up looking like dirty laundry or someone mixed a red sock in the wash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 10:46 AM, Bruhammydude said:

Some interesting color schemes I think would work:

 

Yellow - Teal

 

 

UNCW

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really wish the Isles stuck with this color scheme, to be honest. Striping is gaudy and way too 90's, but the orange/teal/navy color scheme is really solid.

 

1997-98 Jimmy Carson New York Islanders Pre-Season Game Worn ...

 

It'd look real solid on the Sound Tigers or another Isles affiliate with a name that's not so awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A light/powder blue or teal with a dark colour like black, navy or brown. Some red can be thrown in there too as an accent.

 

IMG_8014-1024x576.jpg

unc-spring-football-tar-heels-coronaviru

TuftsBB_029HO.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

A light/powder blue or teal with a dark colour like black, navy or brown. Some red can be thrown in there too as an accent.

 

IMG_8014-1024x576.jpg

unc-spring-football-tar-heels-coronaviru

TuftsBB_029HO.jpg

 

Loved that Kelowna Rockets uniform.  Enjoyed that season recently that they wore them during their anniversary.  Better than the dark uniforms they wear now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2020 at 11:22 PM, Jeffery said:

I'd love to see an NFL or MLB team abandon white entirely in favor of cream. A cream and maroon team would be beyond classy.

I feel like Mississippi state could really pull this off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2020 at 12:22 AM, Jeffery said:

I'd love to see an NFL or MLB team abandon white entirely in favor of cream. A cream and maroon team would be beyond classy.

Cough cough ....Arizona Cardinals....cough cough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 8:38 PM, Wade Heidt said:

 

Definitely underused and looks good.

 

Famously worn proudly by St. Pauli in Germany.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

I used to think St. Pauli was a black and red team in the early 2010s, did not notice the brown until later

 

Brown and Red is definitely unique and I would like a pro team in North America use them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't understand how there isn't a  team in the NFL isn't Red & Silver when a number of clubs used it at one time or another.

MLB is missing red & Black 

NBA could use more silver and i'm not talking about the commissioner.

I've always wanted to see Garnet and Teal and and Columbia Blue and Garnet. ( University of Nashville ) in pro sports or even on a bigger scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Claystation360 said:

I still don't understand how there isn't a  team in the NFL isn't Red & Silver when a number of clubs used it at one time or another.

MLB is missing red & Black 

NBA could use more silver and i'm not talking about the commissioner.

I've always wanted to see Garnet and Teal and and Columbia Blue and Garnet. ( University of Nashville ) in pro sports or even on a bigger scale.

Reds are a red and black team in baseball.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, _J_ said:

Reds are a red and black team in baseball.

 

Absolutely right, I guess I still think of them as a red and white team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.