Ugly looks in Armed Forces Bowl

So in between taking Christmas lights and decorations down, I took a look at the Armed Forced Bowl on ESPN. 

The game features the Tulane GREEN Wave and the Southern Miss GOLDEN Eagles, but you wouldn't know it from the unis. Tulane is going all sky blue with white helmets, and Southern Miss is wearing black helmets, white jerseys (with black numbers/lettering) and black pants. 

The only hint of the color in their team names is in striping, outlines and the Tulane helmet logo (USM went for an American flag schemed red white and blue eagle logo).

It's a pet peeve of mine when teams with colors in their NICKNAMES don't feature that color prominently. Texas Tech Red Raiders are almost always guilty of this, featuring black and using RED as an afterthought.

It is what it is.

I actually really liked Tulane's look, although their color combo is easily one of my favorites in sports. I get your stance that they should be wearing the color in their name, but in general, their uniforms looked pretty solid. Not a fan of the camo in the helmet logo, but I guess we definitely have to honor america somehow. It's not that noticeable from a distance, and we've seen worse uses of pointless camo.

ENcuwv2X0AAVr2x?format=jpg&name=4096x409

ENeVZ1sXsAMbghU?format=jpg&name=medium

I'd caught on to Tulane's striping being in camo, but had no idea the angry wave was too.  Actually looked a lot better than USM's flag eagle, given that it took me longer than it should've to actually identify it as an eagle.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

7 minutes ago, NicDB said:

I've always felt like Tulane's colors only worked with green as the primary, white as the secondary, and blue as the tertiary.

On 1/4/2020 at 12:59 PM, B-Rich said:

So in between taking Christmas lights and decorations down, I took a look at the Armed Forced Bowl on ESPN. 

The game features the Tulane GREEN Wave and the Southern Miss GOLDEN Eagles, but you wouldn't know it from the unis. Tulane is going all sky blue with white helmets, and Southern Miss is wearing black helmets, white jerseys (with black numbers/lettering) and black pants. 

The only hint of the color in their team names is in striping, outlines and the Tulane helmet logo (USM went for an American flag schemed red white and blue eagle logo).

It's a pet peeve of mine when teams with colors in their NICKNAMES don't feature that color prominently. Texas Tech Red Raiders are almost always guilty of this, featuring black and using RED as an afterthought.

Tulane also chose to wear their "fauxback" which is why it had so little green. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived