FiddySicks

Jacksonville Jaguars throwback concept logos?

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

The guy does great work.  A few years back he contacted me to ask permission to use a logo I created for a fauxback Ravens' helmet.  Turned out great;

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

He posts on this site under @HailGoldPants

 

 

Thanks for the kind words Vikes.  The project I did using your Ravens logo, turned out to be one of my favorite projects to work on.

 

As for the Jags design, the project was based on what I thought the team may have looked like had they been part of the 1976 expansion, versus the 1995 expansion.  At that point in the NFL, we started seeing more vibrant, brighter colors being used on uniforms and helmets, so that was part of my inspiration for going with the bright blue and yellow/gold color scheme. The logo was designed to look like something from that may have come from that era as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I can see them wearing uniforms and helmets that have teal as the base color, with gold as a secondary, followed by white & black as trim colors. White used as a base for the road unforms, of course. I understand the meaning of having black for being dominant/menacing color, but not for a team that's out of the State of Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 9:06 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

 

The guy does great work.  A few years back he contacted me to ask permission to use a logo I created for a fauxback Ravens' helmet.  Turned out great;

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

He posts on this site under @HailGoldPants

 

 

This is better than any official Baltimore Ravens logo/helmet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heckle and Jeckle! I love it, outstanding, I know the Ravens should be menacing but that little feller has charm. It really is better than the stupid bird head they have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Heckle and Jeckle! I love it, outstanding, I know the Ravens should be menacing but that little feller has charm. It really is better than the stupid bird head they have now.

I wouldnt call the current bird head stupid, it just needs to drop the B in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a very underwhelming logo for what's one of the better city-nickname-color combinations in the league. Some modified version of the Maryland shield secondary would be much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 9:06 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

 

The guy does great work.  A few years back he contacted me to ask permission to use a logo I created for a fauxback Ravens' helmet.  Turned out great;

 

 

 

spacer.png

 

He posts on this site under @HailGoldPants

 

 

OSV you should sell this logo on t-shirts.  I really think people would buy it.  If I were a Ravens fan I'd love to have a shirt with this logo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Better yet, include the whole helmet.  Something like this:

 

Image result for throwback helmet shirt

 

That is a really good idea. I had a shirt made with the Jacksonville logo from the beginning of this thread, but it felt like it was missing something. I think if it were on a helmet, like your example above, it would be much better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone with me that the original jaguar head logo was the best so far? And better than the current?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

Anyone with me that the original jaguar head logo was the best so far? And better than the current?

 

I wasn't a big fan of it originally, but now living in Jacksonville, any time I see the old head it is incredibly jarring. The change originally looked like minor tweaks and polishing, but in hindsight, it was a much bigger thing than I thought. Side-by-side, I still prefer the current head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 7:49 PM, Tygers09 said:

Anyone with me that the original jaguar head logo was the best so far? And better than the current?

 

The Cheeto Puff Jaguar is SO much better than the current logo. The old one looks like it’s sort of creeping around on the shadows, where the current one looks more decapitated. 

 

I think both of the 95 expansion teams knocked it out of the park with their first sets and should’ve stuck with them. Every change either team has made (outside of the few minor refinements the Jags made in the first few seasons) have been mistakes. The Jags currently look like both a mess and sort of lifeless simultaneously, while the updated Panthers logo is a MAJOR downgrade even though it was subtle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the current logo resembles more of a cougar than a jaguar. Jaguars have a more of a stocky, round head like that of a pitbull. The current head logo looks more like a size of a house cat. And whats up with the ears hanging down? Looks like its just been scolded, or guilty of something, doesn't show a fierce attitude or look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

To me the current logo resembles more of a cougar than a jaguar. Jaguars have a more of a stocky, round head like that of a pitbull. The current head logo looks more like a size of a house cat. And whats up with the ears hanging down? Looks like its just been scolded, or guilty of something, doesn't show a fierce attitude or look.

because that’s what a jaguars ears do when it roars, and most of the time actually. While the head might slightly thin in the lower jaw the rest of the head from the the upper jaw, cheeks and such are very proportional to a real jaguar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is a perfect example of what the NFL could’ve done with the 100th season, but failed miserably at doing.

 

Throwback and fauxback games aplenty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

This thread is a perfect example of what the NFL could’ve done with the 100th season, but failed miserably at doing.

 

Throwback and fauxback games aplenty.

And nobody but the denizens of this part of the interweb feel that way.  And not everybody on this site feels that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still bitter that the NFL didn't fauxback the hell out of their unis for the 100th season, at least for one week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please delete whatever that Jaguars logo is supposed to be lol. It’s bad enough that we have a complete POS owner in Khan that gives our games away and could care less what the team does as long as he screws us and moves them, but that logo is just turd sprinkles on top of a crap cake.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rtr2me said:

Please delete whatever that Jaguars logo is supposed to be lol. It’s bad enough that we have a complete POS owner in Khan that gives our games away and could care less what the team does as long as he screws us and moves them, but that logo is just turd sprinkles on top of a crap cake.....

If you’re referring to the logo in the OP, that’s an original logo done by @HailGoldPants a member of this site. It’s not an official team logo. Seems to me like you just joined this site to unnecessarily :censored: on everything involving the Jaguars? Not sure what you’re endgame here is, but at least try to respectively critique other’s work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.