mcrosby

MLS by mcrosby - San Antonio added

I concur with @Brian in Boston on all counts.

Most if not all of those logos are already amazing, can't wait to see what you do with the new expansions. For the east I like Tampa, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Richmond/Virginia Beach, and Milwaukee. For the west I would go with Vegas, San Fran, San Diego, Arizona, NOLA, Denver, and OKC

Just now, jaytavo305 said:

Most if not all of those logos are already amazing, can't wait to see what you do with the new expansions. For the east I like Tampa, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Richmond/Virginia Beach, and Milwaukee. For the west I would go with Vegas, San Fran, San Diego, Arizona, NOLA, Denver, and OKC

I picked 7 for the west but could do without OKC if I was cutting one

Cities are pretty unanimous, with a few exceptions. Feel free to give name/logo ideas for any city. Until then: 

The Brass come marching in: 

1rLNhhi.png

And some Bavarian flavor out of Milwaukee:

qNuCkzW.png

Good picks. The crests look amazing, and I’d say Milwaukee and New Orleans would be good places to develop soccer culture. 

Great job on Milwaukee, but everytime I see a "pro" Bavarians concept on these boards, it frustrates me that the real life Bavarians don't take the initiative to at least look into getting a USL side.

2 hours ago, NicDB said:

Great job on Milwaukee, but everytime I see a "pro" Bavarians concept on these boards, it frustrates me that the real life Bavarians don't take the initiative to at least look into getting a USL side.

I've reached out to them and gotten nothing. Don't be surprised when a non-Bavarians, non-Torrent club joins the USL now that Forward Madison has shown a desire for soccer and has owners that love creating new teams. 

52 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

I've reached out to them and gotten nothing. Don't be surprised when a non-Bavarians, non-Torrent club joins the USL now that Forward Madison has shown a desire for soccer and has owners that love creating new teams. 

I honestly loathe the Torrent. They have been absolutely toxic to the soccer culture in Milwaukee.

Even worse, for everything that Forward Madison did right in cultivating a fan base from scratch, the Torrent has served as an example of what not to do. From their goofy ass name that no one wanted, to their tendency to beef with every other established side in the area.

Hopefully it's not long before a USL club is playing at Miller Park. That's the only way I can see any future soccer ventures in Milwaukee being taken seriously.

19 minutes ago, NicDB said:

it's not long before a USL club is playing

I've got a strong feeling...

48 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

I've got a strong feeling...

As do I. If for no other reason than Peter Wilt has become suspiciously vague on his Facebook page whenever the issue of Milwaukee comes up.

But this is absolutely pleasant news... even if it is just rumor and innuendo.😀

There's been a fair amount of Art Deco in logo design lately, and why not? It's the Roaring '20s again. The Guardians of Traffic that sit guard the Hope Memorial Bridge have always been a favorite of mine, probably because they remind me of the Tolkien's Argonath. I decided on a weird mix of Cleveland sports colors, orangish instead of Browns orange, blue from the Cleveland baseball club, cream instead of athletic gold from the Cavs. This stoic Guardian can stand tall in goal for: 

Cleveland Athletic Club (before you get all uppity about Euro style names just take solace in how quickly the team would be referred to as The Guardians)

Y5atli9.png

Imagine that... Ohio having three teams! You got some great ideas here. Who knows? Maybe the Guardians would be used for a USL team if that ever happens.

The CAC logo has a strong Aztec vibe for me.

Anyone who thinks "Athletic Club" is inherently European should familiarize themselves with the names of some of the earliest (gridiron) football teams.

I feel like Guardians lends itself to St. Louis more than Cleveland, but I love this identity regardless.  I will never crap on well executed art deco.

Your Cleveland Athletic Club branding is outstandingMark! I've long hoped for someone to look to the Guardians of Traffic sculptures as the basis for a Cleveland-based sports team's identity. This badge design absolutely nails it. Kudos to you, sir!   

Gee I wonder who would part own that awesome looking Cleveland club.

spacer.png

(Not mine I just googled it)

In all seriousness the fact we haven't seen any roaring 20s styles in sports is saddening so I'm happy to see it

As for city suggestions I'd say Phoenix, Tampa, Calgary, Detroit and Las Vegas

19 hours ago, Whittier S said:

The CAC logo has a strong Aztec vibe for me.

19 hours ago, mcrosby said:

There's been a fair amount of Art Deco in logo design lately, and why not? It's the Roaring '20s again. The Guardians of Traffic that sit guard the Hope Memorial Bridge have always been a favorite of mine, probably because they remind me of the Tolkien's Argonath. I decided on a weird mix of Cleveland sports colors, orangish instead of Browns orange, blue from the Cleveland baseball club, cream instead of athletic gold from the Cavs. This stoic Guardian can stand tall in goal for: 

Cleveland Athletic Club (before you get all uppity about Euro style names just take solace in how quickly the team would be referred to as The Guardians)

Y5atli9.png

Image result for guardians cleveland

I guess that makes sense. I like the muse that was chosen for the logo though.