MLS by mcrosby - San Antonio added

mcrosby

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd probably say San Diego, San Francisco, Phoenix, Las Vegas and New Orleans for the West and then Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, Louisville, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh and Tampa. Maybe re-add the Cosmos and maybe add like a Jamaican team and Raleigh

West

San Diego

San Francisco/Oakland

Phoenix --> USL Branding

Las Vegas

New Orleans

East

Cleveland

Detroit --> Stick with NISA Branding

Indianapolis --> I like the USL branding

Louisville

Milwaukee

Pittsburgh

Tampa --> They have the nice current branding

NY Cosmos

On 1/5/2020 at 4:43 PM, Brian in Boston said:

To my mind, the Tampa Bay Rowdies name and word mark are sacrosanct. I feel that the name and font shouldn't be touched. In terms of a team name, they're not Tampa Bay Rowdies FC or Tampa Bay Rowdies SC. They are - simply put - the Tampa Bay Rowdies. Period. I also can't envision an adjustment to the word mark - even a "minor edit" - that would improve upon it. It is what it is... namely, a word mark in a unique font that has stood the test of time. So, that means you have to figure out a change to said brand that involves encompassing the word mark in a badge, or accenting it with some sort of ancillary symbols. Personally, I'd be hesitant to do that. It will be interesting to see how you handle it.   

Well, how'd I do? 

We've got the classic wordmark, a crest shape somewhat inspired by TB Mutiny, hoops, and some simple pirate imagery. 

GRX7y6b.png

So many wonderful concepts! Bravissimo 👏

my favorites so far:

Nashville (guitar)

NYCFC (shape)

Houston (Space theme)

SLC (hexagons)

Sacramento (state and flag graphics inclusion)

some cities/concepts I’d like to see:

East

• Indianapolis

West

• Las Vegas
  • New Mexico
  • San Diego
  • San Francisco

1 hour ago, mcrosby said:

Well, how'd I do? 

We've got the classic wordmark, a crest shape somewhat inspired by TB Mutiny, hoops, and some simple pirate imagery. 

GRX7y6b.png

I’d drop the skull logo and stick to just a soccer ball. Other wise I really like it!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Just now, mcrosby said:

The wordmark has always felt boney to me, and I figure the skull/ball logo would sell shirts during Gasparilla. 

Maybe the skull could be used as an alt logo. But it definitely makes it feel more minor league, atleast to me.
The rowdies brand has more established feel to it. As it is one of the more established team identities, so throwing in a minor league esq skull soccer ball takes away from the rest of the crest. I feel like a regular ball would just fit the theme better.

Trust me, I get the pirate theme, and I agree the wordmark gives off bone like vibes but I think the pirate theme works best outside of the crest. Definitely on the merch though

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 1/11/2020 at 8:24 AM, mcrosby said:

xcskimT.png

I love the way that you've incorporated the Rowdies' signature word mark and iconic green and yellow hoops into a containment shape that pays homage to the shield once sported by Major League Soccer's Tampa Bay Mutiny. Very clever.

Just out of curiosity, have you considered any of the following:   

1) Incorporating the full year - 1975 - into the logo? It could be rendered in yellow on the green line just above the lower yellow triangle;

2) Placing est. (as in established) - rendered in yellow - in the center of the green line just above the number, with said number rendered as '75 in green on the yellow triangle?

2) Placing either est. '75 or est. 1975 - rendered in yellow - in the green line just above the lower yellow triangle?

Really loving the diversity of logo styles that you've been bringing to this project, Mark. Terrific work!

If you're adding San Antonio, names I would suggest are either "Scorpions FC" (former club name) or "Defenders" (for obvious reasons) 

The USL team they have now uses the Spurs logo and colors, which kinda sucks and I say that as a Spurs fan. 

Also, I thought you did Dallas already

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived