New CFL Uniforms 2020

Chewbacca

I figured I start a new thread for the CFL here in 2020. I apologize if there's already a new 2020 CFL thread. Feel free to delete this if someone has already made a 2020 CFL thread. In terms of uniform changes for 2020, I have a feeling that we will have a different situation from what we saw in the short-lived Adidas era. I think we will likely see at least one new uniform this season. I have heard the Alouettes are doing a fan-design contest for a new third jersey and uniform for 2021. For 2020, so far, I have not heard anything - although I love the drop-shadowless Eskimos logo. I do think we will see some new alternate designs in the New Era era of the CFL.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been pretty quite.  You may remember that there were some changes to pant striping for teams with the New Era uniforms last year (which the kept quite), but most teams remained with the same jersey template as the prior adidas models.  The adidas template did not work well in some cases with the stitching of the New Era models (thinking the adidas-template striping and side panels model seen on teams like the Stampeders, Roughriders and Redblacks). 

Also thinking about the BC Lions.  The switch to the one helmet rule meant that the Lions had to made changes to incorporate black into their road uniform, but still had the same white jersey template from their previous uniforms.  It did not mesh well.  

So thinking we may see now some redesigned primary jerseys now that New Era has been in the game for a year, as well as introduction of alternates.  We would not likely see these until May.

I just ask my favourite team to listen.  As a Roughriders fan, I do not want to see the mono-green at home as the primary look.  Never have.  Give us the green jersey over white pants as a primary look at home.

The Lions made big strides in the uniforms last season with their awesome black helmets with the white-orange-white stripe and return to the BC Lion head logo on both sides and adding bordering to the jersey numbers. 

Now, it's time to replace the shoulder yokes with sleeve stripes and replace the orange pants with white ones for the home unis. Both the orange and black pants look great on the road ones.

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Also seems kinda like they might return to the boat logo full-time. 

Yeah, they keep using that logo. They had a twitter vote (If I recall correctly) mid-season and the fans that voted, voted for it in large numbers so they kind of stuck with it.

I've said my piece a few times on the boards in other threads that I like it and I think it'll be cool to see it become the full time logo. I realize it isn't everyone's favorite though.

More than anything, in terms of CFL changes I'd like to see (and yes, I know i'm a broken record on this) is the return of the below helmet for the 'Riders. 

Image result for saskatchewan roughriders helmet

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 1/6/2020 at 6:56 AM, mr.negative15 said:

Yeah, they keep using that logo. They had a twitter vote (If I recall correctly) mid-season and the fans that voted, voted for it in large numbers so they kind of stuck with it.

I've said my piece a few times on the boards in other threads that I like it and I think it'll be cool to see it become the full time logo. I realize it isn't everyone's favorite though.

More than anything, in terms of CFL changes I'd like to see (and yes, I know i'm a broken record on this) is the return of the below helmet for the 'Riders. 

Yeah man - love that helmet.  With a white mask.

Difficult conundrum for me as a Riders fan.  Love that they just wear green and white again but there are problems with the current uniform.  Love when they break out the vintage thirds but would not be on board with them going back to that as a full time look.

A switch back to this helmet would mean a switch back to silver and black trim colour being prominent in the uniform. 

I became a huge fan watching the Riders in the late 1980s and loved that uniform.  If they were to bring back this helmet, they should go right back to a modern version of the 1985-89 uniforms.  Complete with shiny silver pants and that striping on the sleeves.  I would be for it because it would be better than the current uniforms.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think we see Calgary go back to more of the Red/Grey look from the past. 

Hope they don't change Hamilton too much, pants stripes are all that's really needed. I know it's a classic but I don't really like the white sleeves on black jersey look. I'd be interested in a third uniform, I have the grey alternate from a few years ago and really liked that look, especially matched up against the Argos third uni an Labour Day.

5 hours ago, jonny24 said:

I think we see Calgary go back to more of the Red/Grey look from the past. 

Hope they don't change Hamilton too much, pants stripes are all that's really needed. I know it's a classic but I don't really like the white sleeves on black jersey look. I'd be interested in a third uniform, I have the grey alternate from a few years ago and really liked that look, especially matched up against the Argos third uni an Labour Day.

Calgary is never going back to the red/grey look.  As much as some people want that look, it's just not going to happen.  

21 hours ago, M4One said:

Calgary is never going back to the red/grey look.  As much as some people want that look, it's just not going to happen.  

Don't ruin our dreams! lol

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 1/7/2020 at 5:20 PM, Wade Heidt said:

Yeah man - love that helmet.  With a white mask.

Difficult conundrum for me as a Riders fan.  Love that they just wear green and white again but there are problems with the current uniform.  Love when they break out the vintage thirds but would not be on board with them going back to that as a full time look.

A switch back to this helmet would mean a switch back to silver and black trim colour being prominent in the uniform. 

I became a huge fan watching the Riders in the late 1980s and loved that uniform.  If they were to bring back this helmet, they should go right back to a modern version of the 1985-89 uniforms.  Complete with shiny silver pants and that striping on the sleeves.  I would be for it because it would be better than the current uniforms.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I ❤️ that Rider uniform set. :D

UBwef0L.png

On 1/6/2020 at 9:56 AM, mr.negative15 said:

Yeah, count me in as not being a fan of the boat logo. I LOVE the A shield. That said, I'd love to see a new boat logo

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, Tygers09 said:

That's your own opinion....

Yes, that's my opinion based on the fact that Calgary has done nothing to indicate they are planning to go back to red/grey.  They haven't reduced their usage of black.  They haven't introduced a red/grey alternate.  The only reason they got rid of their black helmet is because they are only allowed one last season. 

If you want to say that the Calgary Flames, who also own the Stampeders, were going back to their retro uniforms full time, I would have an easier time believing you because they have been wearing them as an alternate for some time.  Or, that Saskatchewan might make the switch to their retro uniforms.  Somebody saying that 'I think the Stampeders are going back to red/grey' isn't going to cut it.

Also, the tooth fairy is real, but is a scam, since they give only pennies on the dollar for your teeth.

1 hour ago, M4One said:

Also, the tooth fairy is real, but is a scam, since they give only pennies on the dollar for your teeth.

😆

Archived