New CFL Uniforms 2020

Chewbacca

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

There's been absolutely no clamoring for a return to grey

Respectfully. I disagree based on this thread alone. 

There's a number of us here who want to return to it. 

Despite the jersey "nerdyness" of the people on this forum (I say that as a term of endearment) I have to think we aren't the only people. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wade Heidt said:

The Calgary Stampeders were really red, with silver and black trim for the majority of the 1980s until dropping the silver in 1989.

spacer.png

Interesting picture. I was just going off the article on the Stampeders website talking about their jersey history, it didn't say anything about having the black then and I wasn't born yet, so I was just going off the website article.

37 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Respectfully. I disagree based on this thread alone. 

There's a number of us here who want to return to it. 

Despite the jersey "nerdyness" of the people on this forum (I say that as a term of endearment) I have to think we aren't the only people. 

I wasn't counting us because we don't matter (I also say that as a term of endearment), I was talking about among Stampeders fans and those in Calgary. I have not seen or heard anything at all about anything regarding bringing back grey.

I would be extremely surprised if bringing back grey/silver was even slightly entertained by the Stampeders.

IEI5Tg1.png

3 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I was talking about among Stampeders fans and those in Calgary

Fair enough, I'm not in Calgary so I can't really speak to that. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I wonder if the silver/grey in the 75 logo is a reference to the diamond anniversary or something uniform related. Either way, I'm hoping they wear some retro uniforms. The three vertical lines on the bottom remind me of the helmets and jerseys they used to wear in the 1940s.

1948.jpg

• 1 month later...

So a guy on Reddit (our favourite place for sources) is claiming these are going to be the full time home uniforms and implies he has seen these jerseys. 

It appears my posturing earlier in this thread about a full-time return to silver not being entertained very well could be wrong, but in my defence there had been no inkling the Stampeders had been looking to change colours.

IEI5Tg1.png

Another Calgary "tease" (not that this shows much of anything) 

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

“Calgary is going to have the first new jersey design for the 2020 season. Then the rest will be rolled out across the league, new jersey designs in 2021” - Randy Ambrosie 

Cool news and super exciting!  I can't wait!

2 hours ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

“Calgary is going to have the first new jersey design for the 2020 season. Then the rest will be rolled out across the league, new jersey designs in 2021” - Randy Ambrosie 

So those teasers were for full-time jerseys, not just retro ones. They seem to heavily emphasize red, so hopefully that means a reduction of black. Assuming the 2021 re-design is to accommodate new New Era templates, I would imagine Calgary's design is simplistic to fit the current templates.

I know the Argos changed uniforms in 2019, but man I hope they undo those changes for 2021. I got season tickets for this year (we'll see how much of a 2020 season there is) and it would be nice to know there's something better upcoming for them. 

Otherwise, most of the other teams have solid looks now. Saskatchewan could shift away from monochrome and Ottawa could have more personality to them (plaid accents?). And a return to TV numbers would be nice for some teams. Edmonton's shoulders are so bare..

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 3:01 AM, Chewbacca said:

For 2020, so far, I have not heard anything - although I love the drop-shadowless Eskimos logo.

The logo been showing up more and more on the Esks' website/social media lately. It's been on their wallpapers since the start of the new year, and now it is being used for team announcements and the stadium seat pricing chart.

fSLS8Uv.jpg

20 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

The logo been showing up more and more on the Esks' website/social media lately. It's been on their wallpapers since the start of the new year, and now it is being used for team announcements and the stadium seat pricing chart.

fSLS8Uv.jpg

I would be all for this as the primary logo if the Esks are going that route.  No black in it.  If the Eskimos dropped the black trim in their uniforms that would be an improvement.

1 hour ago, Wade Heidt said:

I would be all for this as the primary logo if the Esks are going that route.  No black in it.  If the Eskimos dropped the black trim in their uniforms that would be an improvement.

I would like the E's to be white on the helmet though

On 4/11/2020 at 8:29 PM, hugevolsfan said:

I would like the E's to be white on the helmet though

This!

A true return to the Warren Moon-era uniforms would be fantastic. 

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Archived