New CFL Uniforms 2020

Chewbacca

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some teams have just made changes to their uniforms last season when New Era took over. Isn't it a little soon to be changing things yet again? With the tweaks made to Winnipeg and Calgary's away uniforms, Montreal & Toronto's new uniforms, and the Lions updated uniforms. 

On 4/17/2020 at 1:48 PM, monkeypower said:

The Stampeders joined the ranks of teams offering customized phone backgrounds with different names and numbers (though the Stamps one is kind of dumb because instead of the illustrated jersey pictures that other teams are doing, it's instead clearly a picture of Bo Levi Mitchell and their editing of the names/numbers don't look good at all), but the the number font is different than what it had previously been.

Could this be a potential leak of a new number font?

Stamps_Numbers.jpg

I'm not going to post any because they're all massive Twitter pictures, so here's a link to the Stamps twitter thread so you can see the different numbers.

If these are the new numbers, some of them look odd (#3), but it does look like fix some of the inconsistent spike placement. 

https://creativemarket.com/boxtubelabs/1770556-Empera

I'm assuming the designer behind these posts doesn't have access to the NE font and just used a similar-ish font. Empera was a free download at one point awhile back so that could explain it's usage here. Could be wrong, of course.

On 9/21/2020 at 7:24 PM, Chewbacca said:

Some teams have just made changes to their uniforms last season when New Era took over. Isn't it a little soon to be changing things yet again? With the tweaks made to Winnipeg and Calgary's away uniforms, Montreal & Toronto's new uniforms, and the Lions updated uniforms. 

New Era is rolling out a new uniform template and it's likely we won't see major changes at all for recent changes and slight changes for the others. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

New Era is rolling out a new uniform template and it's likely we won't see major changes at all for recent changes and slight changes for the others. 

Is new era getting into the uniform business doing design in house and manufacturing or are they working with an established 3rd party that will be applying ne logos?

On 9/21/2020 at 7:53 PM, nash61 said:

And at least they have a logo that's more than just a letter.

lol. 

Being a life long Argos fan who lives in Hamilton and actually also likes the Ti-cats (I'd say they are my second team)......I agree. Argos need to get rid of the A. I personally like the boat but I've said that on these fourms so many times already.

To get back to the question at hand I'd to agree: 

On 9/21/2020 at 7:53 PM, nash61 said:

Hamilton's unis are one of the best sets in the league.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived