BBTV

NFL Offseason Thread

Starting this just to separate coaching changes / draft / FA talk from the playoff discussion.

So far:

Mike McCarthy to Dallas

Ron Rivera to Washington

Matt Rhule to the Panthers

Some douchebag to the Giants

Discuss.

10 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Figures the Cowboys would hire someone that could possibly be worse than Garrett. 

Nothing there matters unless and until Jerry steps away from the day-to-day.  Who knows - he's taking over a very talented team, and could easily win a few more games with them next year, but in the long run, it's just not going to work out there, regardless of coach.

I did not necessarily expect to be visiting this thread so early...

Mike McCarthy is the reason Aaron Rodgers only has one Super Bowl ring, instead of at least 2. That's a bad hire by the Cowboys. 

Draft Talk: 

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Mike McCarthy is the reason Aaron Rodgers only has one Super Bowl ring, instead of at least 2. That's a bad hire by the Cowboys. 

Draft Talk: 

So a Tiger can change his "stripes" after all...

I thought the future of coaching was handsome fit dudes in their late mid to late 30s. WYD Jerry?

6 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I thought the future of coaching was handsome fit dudes in their late mid to late 30s. WYD Jerry?

18j577k7al17ojpg.jpg

Jerry just does Jerry.

3 hours ago, Buc said:

So a Tiger can change his "stripes" after all...

It's almost too perfect. He's going to tear his ACL in the National Championship game, isn't he? 

38 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

It's almost too perfect. He's going to tear his ACL in the National Championship game, isn't he? 

Nah, they'll draft some O-Lineman we've never heard of. 

McCarthy in Dallas will be schadenfreude for all Packers fans.  The stink of his wasting Aaron Rodgers' career will never wash off, but hopefully this adds even more stink.

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Nothing there matters unless and until Jerry steps away from the day-to-day.  Who knows - he's taking over a very talented team, and could easily win a few more games with them next year, but in the long run, it's just not going to work out there, regardless of coach.

Jerry is the only owner in DFW who has his own weekly radio show.  He is also the only owner in DFW who does post game news conferences.  Not even Mark Cuban, as visible as he is, does the things Jerry does.  Jerry's son Stephen also has his own weekly radio show, which is not what one would see from a second in command of a DFW Sports team.  It's a major ego for Jerry. 

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Jerry is the only owner in DFW who has his own weekly radio show.  He is also the only owner in DFW who does post game news conferences.  Not even Mark Cuban, as visible as he is, does the things Jerry does.  Jerry's son Stephen also has his own weekly radio show, which is not what one would see from a second in command of a DFW Sports team.  It's a major ego for Jerry. 

Forget DFW he might be the only major league owner period who has their own weekly radio show.

But is his show as “owner” or “gm”? Or just as “Jerry”? Weekly GM shows aren’t unheard of. 

Giants to hire Pats ST Coach Joe Judge

Panthers to hire Baylor head coach Matt Rhule

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

Giants to hire Pats WR Coach Joe Judge, and jason Garrett as OC

FTFY I’ve never seen such an inept organization... well except for the Browns

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

Jason Garrett has not been confirmed.  It's likely, but the Giants have only requested permission to talk to him.  He could very well take the next season off. 

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

Well, David "Football" Gettleman did hire "four computer folks" last week to revamp the scouting department.

That's true leadership, just ask him. 

NOTE:  This presser is so worth your 30 minutes.  It's hilarious.

22 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Jason Garrett has not been confirmed.  It's likely, but the Giants have only requested permission to talk to him.  He could very well take the next season off. 

I know but to even consider him just shows their ineptitude

29 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Well, David "Football" Gettleman did hire "four computer folks" last week to revamp the scouting department.

That's true leadership, just ask him. 

NOTE:  This presser is so worth your 30 minutes.  It's hilarious.

I wish I could replace my intelligence with confidence.