NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

Starting this just to separate coaching changes / draft / FA talk from the playoff discussion.

So far:

Mike McCarthy to Dallas

Ron Rivera to Washington

Matt Rhule to the Panthers

Some douchebag to the Giants

Discuss.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Figures the Cowboys would hire someone that could possibly be worse than Garrett. 

Nothing there matters unless and until Jerry steps away from the day-to-day.  Who knows - he's taking over a very talented team, and could easily win a few more games with them next year, but in the long run, it's just not going to work out there, regardless of coach.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Mike McCarthy is the reason Aaron Rodgers only has one Super Bowl ring, instead of at least 2. That's a bad hire by the Cowboys. 

Draft Talk: 

So a Tiger can change his "stripes" after all...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Nothing there matters unless and until Jerry steps away from the day-to-day.  Who knows - he's taking over a very talented team, and could easily win a few more games with them next year, but in the long run, it's just not going to work out there, regardless of coach.

Jerry is the only owner in DFW who has his own weekly radio show.  He is also the only owner in DFW who does post game news conferences.  Not even Mark Cuban, as visible as he is, does the things Jerry does.  Jerry's son Stephen also has his own weekly radio show, which is not what one would see from a second in command of a DFW Sports team.  It's a major ego for Jerry. 

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Jerry is the only owner in DFW who has his own weekly radio show.  He is also the only owner in DFW who does post game news conferences.  Not even Mark Cuban, as visible as he is, does the things Jerry does.  Jerry's son Stephen also has his own weekly radio show, which is not what one would see from a second in command of a DFW Sports team.  It's a major ego for Jerry. 

Forget DFW he might be the only major league owner period who has their own weekly radio show.

But is his show as “owner” or “gm”? Or just as “Jerry”? Weekly GM shows aren’t unheard of. 

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

FTFY I’ve never seen such an inept organization... well except for the Browns

Jason Garrett has not been confirmed.  It's likely, but the Giants have only requested permission to talk to him.  He could very well take the next season off. 

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

FTFY I’ve never seen such an inept organization... well except for the Browns

Well, David "Football" Gettleman did hire "four computer folks" last week to revamp the scouting department.

That's true leadership, just ask him. 

NOTE:  This presser is so worth your 30 minutes.  It's hilarious.

22 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Jason Garrett has not been confirmed.  It's likely, but the Giants have only requested permission to talk to him.  He could very well take the next season off. 

I know but to even consider him just shows their ineptitude

29 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Well, David "Football" Gettleman did hire "four computer folks" last week to revamp the scouting department.

That's true leadership, just ask him. 

NOTE:  This presser is so worth your 30 minutes.  It's hilarious.

I wish I could replace my intelligence with confidence.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived