NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but don't teams need to give guys physicals?  Don't they want to talk to a player in person before giving him a billion dollars?  We're in a situation where we can't even go to restaurants or buy a bottle of liquor - there's other things to worry about.  Just suspend league operations and figure out new dates once we have a better sense of when things might get back to even close to normal.

Don't get me wrong - Tom Brady signing with the Bucs would be an awesome distraction, but to be honest - we don't need distractions.  We need to take this seriously, and take this time to educate ourselves.  Tom Brady's future can wait.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

44 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

but don't teams need to give guys physicals?  Don't they want to talk to a player in person before giving him a billion dollars?  We're in a situation where we can't even go to restaurants or buy a bottle of liquor - there's other things to worry about.  Just suspend league operations and figure out new dates once we have a better sense of when things might get back to even close to normal.

Don't get me wrong - Tom Brady signing with the Bucs would be an awesome distraction, but to be honest - we don't need distractions.  We need to take this seriously, and take this time to educate ourselves.  Tom Brady's future can wait.

Based on Schefter's tweet, the NFL wants to delay the league year, but the NFL PA said no.  

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I would expect them to travel to conclude deals by getting the physical done and signing the contract in person, just without the usual fanfare. The draft may already get pushed back since it may not get held in Vegas according to rumors. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I would expect them to travel to conclude deals by getting the physical done and signing the contract in person, just without the usual fanfare. The draft may already get pushed back since it may not get held in Vegas according to rumors. 

but if I'm considering giving $20M/year to a guy who's a no-good dirty POS like Jadeveon Clowney, I'd probably want to meet him in person first, just to see if he's the kind of dirty player I really want to add to my team.  Not sure Skyping guys is sufficient when we're talking about contracts like that.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

but if I'm considering giving $20M/year to a guy who's a no-good dirty POS like Jadeveon Clowney, I'd probably want to meet him in person first, just to see if he's the kind of dirty player I really want to add to my team.  Not sure Skyping guys is sufficient when we're talking about contracts like that.  

Wouldn't there be somewhere he can go to attend that meeting that blocks out a bunch of distractions so you can talk directly? I actually did my last eye exam with a doctor that was not in the room. With the right computer and room setup it's possible. What would be the major difference other than not having him and an agent in the same room? If you need him to be in the same room to decide if he's worth the effort to bring in, he's probably not a guy you want on the team. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I could see them use the MLB Draft as a template on how to do this year's draft.  

I remember when I played a lot of Madden 1994 and I thought RB was the most important position in the game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, See Red said:

Uh, why?

They have no picks in the first two rounds. From what I hear they might not be done until they get a first round pick. 

Plus good job on the Cards getting rid of David Johnson’s contract and getting a playmaker for Murray. Now to get Drake locked up. If I’m the Cardinals I’m going to go with an Edge or DL Or Offensive Line with their pick. I’m hoping Brown or Becton is there for their picking

Archived