BBTV

NFL Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

but don't teams need to give guys physicals?  Don't they want to talk to a player in person before giving him a billion dollars?  We're in a situation where we can't even go to restaurants or buy a bottle of liquor - there's other things to worry about.  Just suspend league operations and figure out new dates once we have a better sense of when things might get back to even close to normal.

 

Don't get me wrong - Tom Brady signing with the Bucs would be an awesome distraction, but to be honest - we don't need distractions.  We need to take this seriously, and take this time to educate ourselves.  Tom Brady's future can wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

but don't teams need to give guys physicals?  Don't they want to talk to a player in person before giving him a billion dollars?  We're in a situation where we can't even go to restaurants or buy a bottle of liquor - there's other things to worry about.  Just suspend league operations and figure out new dates once we have a better sense of when things might get back to even close to normal.

 

Don't get me wrong - Tom Brady signing with the Bucs would be an awesome distraction, but to be honest - we don't need distractions.  We need to take this seriously, and take this time to educate ourselves.  Tom Brady's future can wait.

 

Based on Schefter's tweet, the NFL wants to delay the league year, but the NFL PA said no.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

but don't teams need to give guys physicals?  Don't they want to talk to a player in person before giving him a billion dollars?  We're in a situation where we can't even go to restaurants or buy a bottle of liquor - there's other things to worry about.  Just suspend league operations and figure out new dates once we have a better sense of when things might get back to even close to normal.

 

Don't get me wrong - Tom Brady signing with the Bucs would be an awesome distraction, but to be honest - we don't need distractions.  We need to take this seriously, and take this time to educate ourselves.  Tom Brady's future can wait.

I would expect them to travel to conclude deals by getting the physical done and signing the contract in person, just without the usual fanfare. The draft may already get pushed back since it may not get held in Vegas according to rumors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I would expect them to travel to conclude deals by getting the physical done and signing the contract in person, just without the usual fanfare. The draft may already get pushed back since it may not get held in Vegas according to rumors. 

 

but if I'm considering giving $20M/year to a guy who's a no-good dirty POS like Jadeveon Clowney, I'd probably want to meet him in person first, just to see if he's the kind of dirty player I really want to add to my team.  Not sure Skyping guys is sufficient when we're talking about contracts like that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

but if I'm considering giving $20M/year to a guy who's a no-good dirty POS like Jadeveon Clowney, I'd probably want to meet him in person first, just to see if he's the kind of dirty player I really want to add to my team.  Not sure Skyping guys is sufficient when we're talking about contracts like that.  

Wouldn't there be somewhere he can go to attend that meeting that blocks out a bunch of distractions so you can talk directly? I actually did my last eye exam with a doctor that was not in the room. With the right computer and room setup it's possible. What would be the major difference other than not having him and an agent in the same room? If you need him to be in the same room to decide if he's worth the effort to bring in, he's probably not a guy you want on the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I would expect them to travel to conclude deals by getting the physical done and signing the contract in person, just without the usual fanfare. The draft may already get pushed back since it may not get held in Vegas according to rumors. 

 

 

I could see them use the MLB Draft as a template on how to do this year's draft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

 

 

Uh, why, Texans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when I played a lot of Madden 1994 and I thought RB was the most important position in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, See Red said:

 

Uh, why?

They have no picks in the first two rounds. From what I hear they might not be done until they get a first round pick. 
 

Plus good job on the Cards getting rid of David Johnson’s contract and getting a playmaker for Murray. Now to get Drake locked up. If I’m the Cardinals I’m going to go with an Edge or DL Or Offensive Line with their pick. I’m hoping Brown or Becton is there for their picking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was driving when I saw the alert come up on my phone.  I audibly laughed out loud.

 

Bill O'Brien... my god.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offically Houston is now the worst team in the league, congrats Cleveland you are no longer rock bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor DeShaun Watson. 

 

Another great QB stuck on a team actively being made worse by their GM, whom should have been fired a long time ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all knew something like this was going to happen when the Houston Texans told Head Coach Bill O'Brien to report directly to the GM......Bill O'Brien.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.