BBTV

NFL Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

If it is true, there's one of two ways this is going to work out:

 

1) Brady is well and truly washed up and this ends up being a complete waste of everybody's time.

 

2) The so-called "culture change" that has been muttered around Tampa Bay for a decade now finally happens and the organization finally goes somewhere.

 

Jameis can take a hike in either case. I was all-in on drafting him back in 2015, and he's never cut out the stupid mistakes from his game. After five years, I have no reason to think he ever will. I couldn't care about that part of it. But this either ends bringing the Bucs out of a nearly two-decade doldrum or a 43-year-old QB plays like you would expect a 43-year-old QB to play. There's no in-between here.

 

All I'm going to say is, back in 2010, a Boston-area businessman bought the Lightning when they were a complete :censored: show, and even if they've been something of a playoff :censored: show since then, that's still better than losing 50 games a season. If this works out, maybe Boston isn't quite so wretched as I've always built them up in my head to be. And if it doesn't, well, even blind acorns occasionally find...what the hell am I writing? Blind squirrels occasionally find nuts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm buying a Brady Bucs jersey I don't even care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IceCap said:

I'm buying a Brady Bucs jersey I don't even care. 

Im still trying to wrap my head around this.  News is trending the right direction and this is going to make Tampa Bay relevant again.  I hope the city is ready for what is coming...the fanbase will explode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Im still trying to wrap my head around this.  News is trending the right direction and this is going to make Tampa Bay relevant again.  I hope the city is ready for what is coming...the fanbase will explode.

 

This would be, by far, the most relevant Tampa Bay has ever been from a national point-of-view. Nothing else even comes close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

 

This would be, by far, the most relevant Tampa Bay has ever been from a national point-of-view. Nothing else even comes close.

Not even them winning the Super Bowl in 2002? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just... Why? Why would he even do that? He must’ve been REAL serious about wanting a “challenge”, because he sure as :censored: is going to get one playing for these clowns. Even as a fan of that team for the majority of my life, I still think he’s dumb for signing there. 

 

I’m still not buying it, though. Remember how close Brett Favre was to being a Buc? Then he ended up going to the goddamn Jets just to avoid them. I FULLY expect to wake up tomorrow to news that Brady is a Charger.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

Why would Brady go to the Bucs lol

Money. 

The ability to call plays. 

A say in personnel decisions. 

Money. 

A lot of offensive options that haven't been properly utilized under Jameis Winston's tenure. 

A weak division. Carolina sucks. The Falcons are still in their post SB LI shame spiral. The only competition are the Saints, led by another elite QB who's almost as old as Brady. 

Florida. He's going to be playing football at the top-flight professional level at the age of 43. Eight guaranteed home games in Tampa sounds preferable to eight guaranteed home games in, say, Chicago.  

Florida #2. Retirement. He's got, what, two years left at most? Move to Tampa, play two seasons with the Bucs, and boom. The transition into retirement's mostly done. 

Money. 

 

2 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

I just... Why? Why would he even do that? He must’ve been REAL serious about wanting a “challenge”, because he sure as :censored: is going to get one playing for these clowns. Even as a fan of that team for the majority of my life, I still think he’s dumb for signing there. 

Honestly? He should retire. It's clear age has caught up to him, and he has six Super Bowl rings. More than any other individual player. 

This isn't Brett Favre or Peyton Manning hanging around past their prime in an attempt to win one more to solidify their legacy. Brady's got nothing to prove. He ought to just retire and enjoy life. Maybe take a tv or front office gig down the road if he's bored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

If it is true, there's one of two ways this is going to work out:

 

1) Brady is well and truly washed up and this ends up being a complete waste of everybody's time.

 

2) The so-called "culture change" that has been muttered around Tampa Bay for a decade now finally happens and the organization finally goes somewhere.

 

Jameis can take a hike in either case. I was all-in on drafting him back in 2015, and he's never cut out the stupid mistakes from his game. After five years, I have no reason to think he ever will. I couldn't care about that part of it. But this either ends bringing the Bucs out of a nearly two-decade doldrum or a 43-year-old QB plays like you would expect a 43-year-old QB to play. There's no in-between here.

 

All I'm going to say is, back in 2010, a Boston-area businessman bought the Lightning when they were a complete :censored: show, and even if they've been something of a playoff :censored: show since then, that's still better than losing 50 games a season. If this works out, maybe Boston isn't quite so wretched as I've always built them up in my head to be. And if it doesn't, well, even blind acorns occasionally find...what the hell am I writing? Blind squirrels occasionally find nuts. 

 

Adam Schefter, Ian Rapoport, Field Yates and Mike Garapolo have yet to report on where Brady is going, so I wouldn't necessarily think it's Tampa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

I just... Why? Why would he even do that? He must’ve been REAL serious about wanting a “challenge”, because he sure as :censored: is going to get one playing for these clowns. Even as a fan of that team for the majority of my life, I still think he’s dumb for signing there. 

 

I’m still not buying it, though. Remember how close Brett Favre was to being a Buc? Then he ended up going to the goddamn Jets just to avoid them. I FULLY expect to wake up tomorrow to news that Brady is a Charger.

 

You say that as if the Chargers would be any better. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between COVID-19 and Brady actually pulling the trigger and leaving the Patriots. March 2020 will make for one hell of a 30 for 30 ESPN production

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.