NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

58 minutes ago, hbgoo1975 said:

Josh McDaniels will never be head coach again! He'll win another ring with Bellichick next season.

Maybe the Browns were afraid he would change his mind and go back to New England after he was hired. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Maybe the Browns were afraid he would change his mind and go back to New England after he was hired. 

When he left straight back to Boston it was clear he wasn't taking the job. At least Stefanski has been in the mix before so we'll see. McDaniel reportedly wanted certain assistants to take the job who already committed elsewhere.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Gonna suck for McDaniels when Kraft doesn't actually name him Belichick's successor.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On 1/10/2020 at 12:12 AM, dfwabel said:

John Harbaugh was at least with the team he took over for a season.  Judge is new to the current roster.

Was he?  Wasn't he the Eagles ST coach for a while, and then their secondary coach prior to getting the Baltimore HC job?

The story here was that he was a solid HC candidate but teams were reluctant to hire anyone that hadn't at least been a position coach so Andy Reid did him a solid and put him there for a year.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 hours ago, GDAWG said:

According to some writers, McDaniel didn't like the idea of having to have a sit down with the Haslem's every Monday to go over what happened the day prior. According to one writer it would be a multiple hour visit. There were also reports that the owner wanted to see the play call sheet the Friday prior to games and that the coach would have to accept that an analytics person would be involved in meetings. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 9:10 AM, MJWalker45 said:

According to some writers, McDaniel didn't like the idea of having to have a sit down with the Haslem's every Monday to go over what happened the day prior. According to one writer it would be a multiple hour visit. There were also reports that the owner wanted to see the play call sheet the Friday prior to games and that the coach would have to accept that an analytics person would be involved in meetings. 

Makes sense.  The fact that the main analytics guy is a former MLB General Manager is laughable though.  What the hell does Paul DePodesta know about football?

What does a 'passing game coordinator' even do that the OC wouldn't?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What does a 'passing game coordinator' even do that the OC wouldn't?  

First off, Steve Ensminger, has been playcalling for three decades, but really wasn't steeped in RPO, thus they got Brady.  Brady also split time with the WR group too.

I think he left for the NFL for one big reason: He really didn't want to recruit and it's 24/7 football when coaching in the NFL.  This was the first year he had to recruit players because while at Penn State, NCAA rules prohibit GAs to do it at the FBS level.  I think he realized that he really wasn't cut out for that.

Meanwhile he new team just had Luke Kuechly retired.

Archived