BringBackTheVet

NFL Offseason Thread

11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What about doing one round per night?  Make the 1st round the "spring Super Bowl", and have it in prime time on Sunday.  Then all the other rounds each day for the rest of the week.

That would probably work since there is absolutely nothing else going on. People would watch Conan Leary who wrestled for William and Mary get selected by the patriots in the 7th round.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

That would probably work since there is absolutely nothing else going on. People would watch Conan Leary who wrestled for William and Mary get selected by the patriots in the 7th round.

Here's a novel idea - do the rounds out of order!  Do the first round, then the third, then 7th, then second, etc.  Then that guy gets picked on day 3 rather than 7.  It's really a flawless idea.

I would love to watch a draft that doesn't allow fans. It'd be better. No more, "with the 7th pick the Raiders select Some Anonymous Offensive Tackle" and then cut to some Raiders fans feigning excitement because they don't know who the guy actually is. 

42 minutes ago, Sport said:

I would love to watch a draft that doesn't allow fans. It'd be better. No more, "with the 7th pick the Raiders select Some Anonymous Offensive Tackle" and then cut to some Raiders fans feigning excitement because they don't know who the guy actually is. 

Or listening to Jets fans boo every pick they make. 

5 hours ago, Sport said:

Someone before (it may have been you) suggested going back to a hotel conference room like they did in the 80’s. 

I say take it a step further. Let’s go all the way with the throwbacks and bring back the analog phones in the shape of the team helmets.

16 hours ago, Crabcake said:

Someone before (it may have been you) suggested going back to a hotel conference room like they did in the 80’s. 

I say take it a step further. Let’s go all the way with the throwbacks and bring back the analog phones in the shape of the team helmets.

That was me. I would love to see the helmet phones again too!

1 hour ago, sc49erfan15 said:

My hometown could end up as home to an NFL franchise.

2020 is weird, man.

I know nothing about South Carolina besides where it is on a map but this feels like this would be akin to the Braves moving to the sticks in Cobb County. 

On 3/26/2020 at 6:25 PM, Dilbert said:

No way. Just ask the Knights how playing in Rock Hill went for them. 

7 hours ago, DEAD! said:

Yeah, without significant infrastructure, there's no way they'd be able to get 70,000+ down there for a football game in a good way. It already stuffs up Uptown, 77 would be filled with cars. The team's already in a perfect place, there's no need for them to leave Uptown. Anywhere else simply won't be as good, no matter the idiotic tax breaks they get (although I'm glad it's not NC giving those out).

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Good.  He's awful.

I found that to be the general consensus while surfing through the news of signing on Twitter. A lot of strong opinions on the guy.