NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I was browsing Cameo and thought their "featured in football" was a hoot:

3fYX2Sj.png

Featured in baseball is a real mind:censored:.

I don't know what Cameo is, but seeing EDP up there with Brett Favre, Jamal Anderson, and Danny White makes me happy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't know what Cameo is, but seeing EDP up there with Brett Favre, Jamal Anderson, and Danny White makes me happy.

Cameo is a great way to give celebrities (A through E list) money ($10-$$$$) to film generally poorly-lit, poorly-framed shoutouts to friends and loved ones to celebrate occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and fantasy football wins.

The Soup Nazi! YouTube dogs! Randos from TLC and Bravo reality shows! Message board legends! Biz Markie!

I bought my older brother a Cameo from Hacksaw Jim Duggan and it was awesome. It was also $75.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

58 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Cameo is a great way to give celebrities (A through E list) money ($10-$$$$) to film generally poorly-lit, poorly-framed shoutouts to friends and loved ones to celebrate occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and fantasy football wins.

The Soup Nazi! YouTube dogs! Randos from TLC and Bravo reality shows! Message board legends! Biz Markie!

I bought my older brother a Cameo from Hacksaw Jim Duggan and it was awesome. It was also $75.

For $20, I will record a shout-out to any board member for their birthday (wearing a mask or pixelating my face of course.)

For $50, I'll do a 2-minute live Zoom session with the lucky board member.

For $100, the board member can watch me get freaky with my member for... well, until it's done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

You mean with this?

Yes. 

Trade Hopkins for David Johnson's terrible contract and a 2nd. Then trade a 2nd for Brandin Cooks' bad contract? 

8 minutes ago, DDR said:

Yes. 

Trade Hopkins for David Johnson's terrible contract and a 2nd. Then trade a 2nd for Brandin Cooks' bad contract? 

Yeah that's a pretty bad move on the part of General Manager Bill O'Brien.  Too bad you won't be hearing complaints from Head Coach Bill O'Brien.  

5 hours ago, DDR said:

Yes. 

In a year where the draft is crazy deep for WR, no less.

edit: I forgot they overpaid for Cobb too.  In an offseason where nobody is paying WRs because of how deep the draft is, they've committed themselves to paying Cobb and Cooks almost $40 million over the next two seasons.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, See Red said:

In an offseason where nobody is paying WRs because of how deep the draft is, they've committed themselves to paying Cobb and Cooks almost $40 million over the next two seasons.

Because they thought Hopkins would be too expensive on his next contract 

So Houston (and a lot of other teams at the time, let's be honest) saw that Bill O'Brien got Penn State to be competitive again after the Sandusky scandal and think he's a genius. What apparently slipped their mind was that Penn State is no SMU. All it would take to get Penn State back is a semi-competent coach.

O'Brien is really more or less the luckiest guy on the planet. 

8 hours ago, Red Comet said:

O'Brien is really more or less the luckiest guy on the planet. 

To be fair, he also took a hell of a risk, leaving NE to go to a poisoned program that could very easily have lost all its good recruits, and for stepping into a situation where he's leading the most hated program in the nation, in front of crowds that hated him because he was "not Joe".  None of that makes him a great coach, just that sometimes you need to take risks to get rewards - and that's certainly not a risk I'd have been willing to take.

40 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

To be fair, he also took a hell of a risk, leaving NE to go to a poisoned program that could very easily have lost all its good recruits, and for stepping into a situation where he's leading the most hated program in the nation, in front of crowds that hated him because he was "not Joe".  None of that makes him a great coach, just that sometimes you need to take risks to get rewards - and that's certainly not a risk I'd have been willing to take.

It's also that same mentality that makes the idea of getting rid of an obscenely talented player he doesn't personally like by trading him for beans that he was told were magic a lot more palatable to him then it would be to anyone sane.

1 minute ago, Red Comet said:

It's also that same mentality that makes the idea of getting rid of an obscenely talented player he doesn't personally like by trading him for beans that he was told were magic a lot more palatable to him then it would be to anyone sane.

So what you're saying is that he's just a more socially adjusted Chip Kelly.

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So what you're saying is that he's just a more socially adjusted Chip Kelly.

And that both of them should stick with being college coaches? Absolutely. 

Sean Payton is my kind of :censored:.  It all started with him sarcastically praising their uniform release.

Archived