NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

If i had millions of dollars, dozens of women, and one still-fully-functioning brain, I’d get the hell out too. Im surprised more players don’t. It’s not fair to their families to put their brains and long-term health at risk when they’ve already earned $10s of millions. It’s actually pretty selfish to keep playing longer than you need to just to achieve personal glory. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

In contrasting News, Fitzgerald is staying with the Cardinals for a 17th season.

I’ll never understand why he’s so content wasting his talent on such an inept team, but god damn do I admire his dedication to them. 

He seems like a perfect Baltimore Ravens candidate. They love picking up name guys at the end of their line. Perhaps there's an ownership stake potential?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If i had millions of dollars, dozens of women, and one still-fully-functioning brain, I’d get the hell out too. Im surprised more players don’t. It’s not fair to their families to put their brains and long-term health at risk when they’ve already earned $10s of millions. It’s actually pretty selfish to keep playing longer than you need to just to achieve personal glory. 

He made nearly $30M on the field, not including endorsements, before age 29.  I think we all know that while in his heart he still wants to play and be in the locker room, his prior concussions and other evaluations made it clear to him that he needs to stop playing.  Hopefully, there will not be any immediate problems, such as alcoholism, with this sudden retirement. 

But Andrew Luck retiring before the season and Kueckly yesterday, join Gronk, Patrick Willis, and Megatron in retiring at 30 or younger.  The NFL just trying to make the helmet safer won't stop this trend. 

So OBJ has been charged with simple battery of an LEO after slapping ones backside after the NCAA National Championship Game. Really? 1. The LEO is over reacting, 2. OBJ is even dumber than I thought to think touching an LEO was a good idea. The passing out stacks of cash and possibly giving his Alma mater and the kids sanctions in the process was dumb in its own right. Now he could face up to 6 months in prison (probably won’t but still) because he decided to be a dumbass. 

Let's get LEO away from championship celebrations altogether, okay? No one wants or needs them there, especially in the :censored:ing locker room???

Good Lord. There are a million better things everyone involved in this can be doing with themselves.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, dont care said:

So OBJ has been charged with simple battery of an LEO after slapping ones backside after the NCAA National Championship Game. Really? 1. The LEO is over reacting, 2. OBJ is even dumber than I thought to think touching an LEO was a good idea. The passing out stacks of cash and possibly giving his Alma mater and the kids sanctions in the process was dumb in its own right. Now he could face up to 6 months in prison (probably won’t but still) because he decided to be a dumbass. 

You buried the lede. They originally wanted to charge him with sexual battery, but the judge would not permit that.

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_16e90c06-387e-11ea-ba52-c35714f1e4cc.html

1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

You buried the lede. They originally wanted to charge him with sexual battery, but the judge would not permit that.

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_16e90c06-387e-11ea-ba52-c35714f1e4cc.html

Wait, what?! For slapping someone on the backside?! Jesus flipping Zombie Christ....

You know that's what football players do, right?

1 hour ago, dont care said:

7 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Why is anyone surprised that New Orleans has a crooked police force that focuses on things that upset sports fans than anything important?

He's a security guard, not a policeman. The "assault" is on tape and consists of one slap to the backside. If they do anything other than fine him I'd be surprised, but then again as you noted, New Orleans and common sense are never in the same area code, let alone the same room. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Oh, didn’t know that, I was just stating what espn said. Regardless the LEO overacted to try to get his 15 minutes of fame for charging OBJ.

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

He's a security guard, not a policeman. The "assault" is on tape and consists of one slap to the backside. If they do anything other than fine him I'd be surprised, but then again as you noted, New Orleans and common sense are never in the same area code, let alone the same room. 

He actually was a NOPD officer. You can tell he was a tight wad telling the players he’d arrest players if the smoked cigars in the locker room only to then be overruled by another LEO. Who knows maybe OBJ was just trying to help him get the stick out of his ass.

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

He actually was a NOPD officer. You can tell he was a tight wad telling the players he’d arrest players if the smoked cigars in the locker room only to then be overruled by another LEO. Who knows maybe OBJ was just trying to help him get the stick out of his ass.

ESPN identified him as a Superdome security guard. Here in SA, we have security guards whose uniforms mimic the SAPD, so I disregarded his actual badge. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

He isn't NOPD more like the Levy Board or one of the couple other agencies they cobble together to provide security at the dome.  Most NOPD guys I know (a couple of cousins and thier friends) would have been in the middle of that party, not trying to stop it.  That guy also proves that some are better suited for desk duty. 

EDIT: NOLA.com also refers to him as a Superdome police officer.  Those small agency guys are the worst with the biggest sticks up their...

40 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

ESPN identified him as a Superdome security guard. Here in SA, we have security guards whose uniforms mimic the SAPD, so I disregarded his actual badge. 

He's a rent-a-cop?

That makes him 10X more douchy than I thought he was. He's not a cop, so that badge might as well be a giant button that says fake cop. Now I can see why that lineman is laughing at the guy when he's trying to threaten him. He has no power to do anything. "I'll have you arrested!" Yeah okay. Hey officer, come arrest this 6'3" 330-pound linemen surrounded by his friends because he's smoking a cigar. I'm sure it will be simple enough to take him out of here without causing an incident.

OBJ had every right to hit that guy. I wish he had hit him harder. Dude has zero reason to be in the locker room, and is acting like a clown. Worst thing that happens is the carpet gets some burns. In that case I think the Superdome needs to reevaluate whether or not they should host the National Title game. I know this game generates millions of dollars in economic activity, but if it means coming at the expense of something like a burnt carpet, I can't possibly see how you could justify the cost.

As The Rock used say, know your role and shut your mouth.

1 hour ago, tp49 said:

He isn't NOPD more like the Levy Board or one of the couple other agencies they cobble together to provide security at the dome.  Most NOPD guys I know (a couple of cousins and thier friends) would have been in the middle of that party, not trying to stop it.  That guy also proves that some are better suited for desk duty. 

EDIT: NOLA.com also refers to him as a Superdome police officer.  Those small agency guys are the worst with the biggest sticks up their...

Ok that explains why he was referred to as a police officer in the article I read, and yes he had a big one up there.

Archived