NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

18 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

So the Chiefs drafted Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Did not expect them to draft a runningback, but I like what I see looking into this guy. The remake of the Greatest Show on Turf appears to have its Marshall Faulk. Nice.

His frame and running style reminds me of Maurice Jones-Drew.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Patriots have 7 picks in the next 3 rounds. 

Which means Belichick will pick 2 or 3 players and trade the remaining picks for 6th or 7th rounders, or 2nd or 3rd next year.  

Depending on how many wins the Pats have next season (if there is a next season), they could be in line for Trevor Lawrence and Belichick isn't going to pass that up if he has a shot at Lawrence.  

23 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

So the Chiefs drafted Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Did not expect them to draft a runningback, but I like what I see looking into this guy. The remake of the Greatest Show on Turf appears to have its Marshall Faulk. Nice.

QB: Pat Mahomes

RB: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Damien Williams

WR: Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman

TE: Travis Kelce

Yeah, that's a scary offense.

19 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Depending on how many wins the Pats have next season (if there is a next season), they could be in line for Trevor Lawrence and Belichick isn't going to pass that up if he has a shot at Lawrence.  

Which is why he's keen on giving Stidham and Hoyer a chance.

Worst case, Stidham & Hoyer are busts, but Patriots get a top pick next year. 

11 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Which is why he's keen on giving Stidham and Hoyer a chance.

Worst case, Stidham & Hoyer are busts, but Patriots get a top pick next year. 

I have never been impressed by Hoyer.  

11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I hope they secretely put in a uniform-change notice last year so that we only have to watch him play in their awful clown suits for one season.

I can't believe that I still think of their costumes as their "new uniforms", even though they've had them for 16 awful years.

nothing would make me happier and now that the trend has swung back to simplified and/or straight up reusing old uniforms I now feel a lot safer about the prospect of a new uni design. 

9 hours ago, tjs11 said:

he sure did! Wonder why...strange. 

I hope the reason he changed was something oafish like he was drinking water and because he's a doofus he spilled it down the front of his shirt so someone had to hurriedly run upstairs and grab a sweater for him. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I wanted the Pack to draft a WR for Rodgers, or a stud defensive front 7 guy to try and eek one more title out of the Rodgers era. Having digested this and having watched way too much Jordan Love analysis/highlights, I think GB just secured our next Lombardi Trophy...just not in the Rodgers era.

20 hours ago, GDAWG said:

With the first pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select.....Joe Burrow, QB LSU.

Right after that pick is announced, both Mike Florio and Dan Patrick will pose the questions: now that Joe Burrow was drafted by the Bengals, will he now demand a trade?  Will he hold out and not show up for training camp?

Cowherd has already pivoted to "he's actually not good", saying "he's a great story, he's not a great prospect" as if those two things are mutually exclusive. Now that their fabricated stories about pulling an Eli or that he didn't actually want to play in Cincinnati (while ignoring quotes, butchering quotes, ignoring his ties to the region, ignoring his family's pre-existing relationship with Zac Taylor, and just generally making :censored: up) I expect Florio and Patrick to do the same. 

13 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Roger Goddell: With the 1st pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select.....Joe Burrow QB, LSU

Burrow to ESPN: I am happy the Bengals chose me, and I am happy to play for them. 

Mike Florio, Friday Morning on Pro Football Talk: Will Joe Burrow demand a trade from the Bengals?  I say yes,  What do you say Chris Simms?

Chris Simms: Did you not hear what Burrow said?  He said he is happy to play for them.  

Florio is a cancer. That dude is so clearly rankled by the prospect of this guy playing for the Bengals that he couldn't help himself from baselessly speculating about a hypothetical trade with the Dolphins up until hours before the draft. As if the Bengals had no control over the situation, as if the Dolphins wanted to they could've just taken him. After the Bengals had already announced they were taking him, after the Bengals had already anounced they'd mailed him jerseys, after the Bengals already told teams they're not listening to trade offers, here's Florio hitting publish on "BuT If the dOlpHins mAkE a ToO Good tO paSS up trAde OfFer....." stories. It honestly kind of rules how much it bothers him. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Denver getting Jeudy at #15 is a steal.  If Lock is as good as I think he will be, him, Jeudy, Courtland Sutton, and Noah Fant are going to be a headache to deal with.  The Cowboys getting Ceedee Lamb at #17 was a steal too.

Bucs getting the best offensive lineman in the draft at #13 was pretty great too.

IUe6Hvh.png

42 minutes ago, Sport said:

Cowherd has already pivoted to "he's actually not good", saying "he's a great story, he's not a great prospect" as if those two things are mutually exclusive. Now that their fabricated stories about pulling an Eli or that he didn't actually want to play in Cincinnati (while ignoring quotes, butchering quotes, ignoring his ties to the region, ignoring his family's pre-existing relationship with Zac Taylor, and just generally making :censored: up) I expect Florio and Patrick to do the same. 

Florio is a cancer. That dude is so clearly rankled by the prospect of this guy playing for the Bengals that he couldn't help himself from baselessly speculating about a hypothetical trade with the Dolphins up until hours before the draft. As if the Bengals had no control over the situation, as if the Dolphins wanted to they could've just taken him. After the Bengals had already announced they were taking him, after the Bengals had already anounced they'd mailed him jerseys, after the Bengals already told teams they're not listening to trade offers, here's Florio hitting publish on "BuT If the dOlpHins mAkE a ToO Good tO paSS up trAde OfFer....." stories. It honestly kind of rules how much it bothers him. 

Honestly, I'm surprised Florio never got punished for basically calling for the 49ers to intentionally injure Patrick Mahomes what with how seriously the NFL wants people to think it takes safety. So, seeing his desired predictions fail is pretty satisfying to see.

13 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm impressed by the production so far, TBH. I like the fan wall behind Goodell, but I'm a little surprised that dope is still using cue cards.

I had the same thought...it's not like someone is writing down the pick and handing it to him. For Pete's sake just use a tablet or something.

20 minutes ago, Skycast said:

I had the same thought...it's not like someone is writing down the pick and handing it to him. For Pete's sake just use a tablet or something.

I don't know for sure why he was doing it, but I do know they save those draft cards and I believe the Hall of Fame has displayed some of them. So maybe it was to preserve some history. 

17 minutes ago, DDR said:

I don't know for sure why he was doing it, but I do know they save those draft cards and I believe the Hall of Fame has displayed some of them. So maybe it was to preserve some history. 

That and at this point and time, keeping things familiar is the best way to keep snafus from showing up.

Cannot believe Patrick Queen fell into the Ravens’ laps at 28. Best player left at the greatest position of need, gotta love it. 

Also Aaron Rodgers apparently said before the draft that it would be “kind of cool” if they drafted a skill position in the 1st round. Since, you know, they’ve never done that while having possibly the most talented quarterback of all time on their roster for the last 15 years. Instead they traded up to pick a QB ahead of four teams who are absolutely set at QB. Baffling. 

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

Cannot believe Patrick Queen fell into the Ravens’ laps at 28. Best player left at the greatest position of need, gotta love it. 

Also Aaron Rodgers apparently said before the draft that it would be “kind of cool” if they drafted a skill position in the 1st round. Since, you know, they’ve never done that while having possibly the most talented quarterback of all time on their roster for the last 15 years. Instead they traded up to pick a QB ahead of four teams who are absolutely set at QB. Baffling. 

Packers did it to Favre with Rodgers, now the do it to Rodgers with Love.

It’s also worth noting Favre and Rodgers were both the same age when their perspective replacements were drafted. Rodgers now has 4 more years of Championship window time.

Archived