NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read somewhere that the Packers could use Love like the Saints use Taysom Hill. One of the problems with that is that Rodgers has 4 more years left in his contract while Brees will probably play one more season.  Something has got to give in this situation because The Packers just drafted a QB to sit behind for possibly 4 years.  If that happens, we will have seen Burrow, Tua and Herbert entering their 3rd or 4th years of their contracts as starters and quite possibly Trevor Lawrence will have had a couple of seasons under his belt before Love makes his first start.

Can’t believe the Cowboys were able to pick CeeDee Lamb. The offense is going to be ridiculous next year with what is probably the best skill group in the league with Zeke, Cooper, Gallup and Ceedee. 

Under Garrett leadership, there’s no way the Cowboys make that pick. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

8 hours ago, Sport said:

Cowherd has already pivoted to "he's actually not good", saying "he's a great story, he's not a great prospect" as if those two things are mutually exclusive. Now that their fabricated stories about pulling an Eli or that he didn't actually want to play in Cincinnati (while ignoring quotes, butchering quotes, ignoring his ties to the region, ignoring his family's pre-existing relationship with Zac Taylor, and just generally making :censored: up) I expect Florio and Patrick to do the same. 

Florio is a cancer. That dude is so clearly rankled by the prospect of this guy playing for the Bengals that he couldn't help himself from baselessly speculating about a hypothetical trade with the Dolphins up until hours before the draft. As if the Bengals had no control over the situation, as if the Dolphins wanted to they could've just taken him. After the Bengals had already announced they were taking him, after the Bengals had already anounced they'd mailed him jerseys, after the Bengals already told teams they're not listening to trade offers, here's Florio hitting publish on "BuT If the dOlpHins mAkE a ToO Good tO paSS up trAde OfFer....." stories. It honestly kind of rules how much it bothers him. 

When both of Joe's parents said that if the Bengals drafted him, he would play for them, Cowherd, Florio and Patrick did not believe them at all, which made zero sense.  The Bengals were active in free agency, showing Joe that they were serious in turning things around.  I think that those three made those assumptions based on his comments after the national championship.  

As someone from Cincinnati who doesn't care about the Bengals, I was happy about the Tee Higgins pick. This draft feels more fun than any int he past ten years, as the Bengals would always picks some offensive lineman or a linebacker from Nevada. This past year was the least football I've watched in my life, so it's nice to know who both of the picks by the Bengals are.

Just now, sc49erfan15 said:

Hurts to Philly... didn't see that one coming.

BBTV is gonna have a strong opinion on this and I'm not sure what it will be.

Howie Roseman done lost his damned mind.

They must know something about Wentz - like maybe they feel like he's just never going to be healthy and they need someone they can develop just in case.

I don't get it.  At all.  They had big needs - linebacker, a future center, DB, maybe another WR.  Even if they got him just to be fancy and do things like the Saints do, they don't need to.  It's ridiculous.

I feel bad for him, because he basically got drafted to be a 2nd or 3rd stringer, while his peers will all get a chance to compete for playing time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And do the ESPN guys ever criticize anyone?  They're jerking Doug Pederson off, and saying this is the best outcome for Hurts because he's comfortable being a backup and he'll get to learn from Pederson, and it's a great pick, etc.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can't remember ever reading / listening to as much vitriol as I am right now.  If not for stay-at-home orders and social distancing, the Nova Care Center would be on fire right now.  This is ugly, even by Philly standards.

It's good that it happened this year since they'll probably be playing in empty stadiums.  He seems like a good kid, but he's going to be the conduit between the angry fans and the management, and he's going to be slaughtered and it has nothing to do with him personally or anything he did.

EWaXGlnWAAAfyQx?format=jpg&name=medium

Guaranteed that Andy Reid's fat worthless ass has never been on that exercise bike.  Kudos to him if he worked it into the shot just for the irony of it.

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

They have 10 TE now counting Kmet.

One away from fielding an entire offensive unit.

yeah that's definitely a weird position to have your roster in during offseason. but in their defense-everyone of those guys has been a disappointment and hasn't stepped up. Almost everyone has been a project player that they obviously must not have faith in. They cut Burton last week, so they must want a solid #2. Not what I would've done with the pick, but as a Bears fan-they have holes at every single position so I'd understand the thinking behind any pick there. 

1 minute ago, tjs11 said:

yeah that's definitely a weird position to have your roster in during offseason. but in their defense-everyone of those guys has been a disappointment and hasn't stepped up. Almost everyone has been a project player that they obviously must not have faith in. They cut Burton last week, so they must want a solid #2. Not what I would've done with the pick, but as a Bears fan-they have holes at every single position so I'd understand the thinking behind any pick there. 

They’re most definitely going Graham, Kmet, and a dude who nobody knows.

So apparently the Eagles told Carson Wentz earlier in the day that they might take Jalen Hurts.

I don't know what else to do, so I'm going to eat a pint of ice cream and get hammered.  I can't deal with this crap anymore.  For what it's worth, while I'm not a fan of the pick, I'm officially a Jalen Hurts fan now.  I've never even seen him play, but he really got screwed here, both from a playing time standpoint and also from a popularity standpoint since he's just going to be booed.  I hope he can overcome that.  I don't like seeing people's careers get screwed.

Archived