NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

It's funny you say that, because usually, I think the problem with social media culture is that people apologize too much when they should stand their ground, then they'll get steamrolled by someone who was never looking for a peaceful resolution in the first place: never apologize, never surrender, never stop posting. But this was one of the rare times when the guy should have said he was sorry but kept doubling down on stupid.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. Only apologize if you feel like you've actually made a mistake not because you think it'll calm down the angry mob. They'll find a new target to go after because a mob's IQ tends to be its dumbest member divided by the number of people in a mob and are thus easily distracted. 

Difference is, it wasn't so much an angry mob as it was probably a lot of DeSean's coaches and teammates behind the scenes telling him he's an idiot for what he posted as opposed to the typical anti-social weirdo dwelling on Twitter who probably starts off any IRL conversation with all of the mental disorders they have and wants to bring your life down to his/hers. 

11 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Difference is, it wasn't so much an angry mob as it was probably a lot of DeSean's coaches and teammates behind the scenes telling him he's an idiot for what he posted as opposed to the typical anti-social weirdo dwelling on Twitter who probably starts off any IRL conversation with all of the mental disorders they have and wants to bring your life down to his/hers. 

So, in other words, this man:

spacer.png

He’s the peak of human evolution! /s

I’ve noticed similarities between MovieBob and the Nazi Furries. Both eugenics supporters blissfully unaware of how they would be the victims of eugenics.

35 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

So, in other words, this man:

spacer.png

He’s the peak of human evolution! /s

I’ve noticed similarities between MovieBob and the Nazi Furries. Both eugenics supporters blissfully unaware of how they would be the victims of eugenics.

Well, kinda. He's some 105 IQ person that thinks reading the Brilliant, But Lazy Trope religiously makes him a genius. Guy is a clown but there's a ton of people on Twitter like him. Film Robert is more of a symptom of a massive underlying problem of treating the musings of Twitter dwellers as seriously as you would someone writing a letter to your company.

Good discussion on here about real issues we have with our world! I am surprised this has not been shut down though! I have argued for years (mostly to my coworkers, family & friends) the extremists on every side are the loudest & do the most damage to their on cause! Others then are less likely to communicate because they do not want to be like either side!

https://deadspin.com/riley-cooper-is-why-desean-jackson-s-situation-is-compl-1844319845

So, while some are asking why former and current Black NFL players have been so quiet about speaking out against Jackson, it’s because they’re keeping things in context. They’re aware that publicly bashing Jackson supports a franchise and league that allowed Cooper to keep making a living.

Players haven't just been quiet, he has received a fair deal of support. Maybe they're not being haunted by the ghost of Riley Cooper after all and are simply buying what he's selling.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

a lot of DeSean's coaches and teammates behind the scenes telling him he's an idiot for what he posted

We've learned that it's likely that some of his teammates are equally as dumb and probably don't think he's an idiot.  In fact, at least one is on record as saying that he really looks up to him and hopes to learn a lot from him (granted, that was a year ago - way before this mess.)

15 minutes ago, the admiral said:

publicly bashing Jackson supports a franchise and league that allowed Cooper to keep making a living.

I really think the Cooper thing is different.  The Black leaders on the team - specifically Michael Vick - asked that he not be cut, and that they allow for them to work it out in house.  Cooper was neither good enough nor counted enough against the cap to keep his job.  He could easily have been cut had the Black players not stood up for him.

I'm not saying that it was right to keep him - I wouldn't have - just that the situation was different.

Now, it was far from unanimous, and some of his teammates - specifically Cary Williams beat the F out of him during practices (imagine the APA vs Public Enemy shoot - it looked like practice, but they were really beating the hell out of him) and turned on Vick, but Vick was strong enough to endure through that.  If there was ever a situation where the difference in pre-prison Vick and the current day version was apparent, it was during that period.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow - he's actually doing what I suggested and going to Auschwitz.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29455441/desean-jackson-accepts-invite-visit-auschwitz

1) I didn't know that there were any holocaust survivors still alive.

2) If you know anything about the camps, it's extremely chilling to see him wearing that uniform.  Like... very chilling.

3) It legitimately seems like Deshawn Jackson is learning from this, and there's a chance that this could turn into a positive thing if he can take what he learns and educate the other pieces of s that play sports and liked all his posts.

4) I've been to both Auschwitz and Dachau, and if he were to make it through a tour of either one and not come back a changed man, then he's not human.  I'm betting that he is human.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was supposed to have gone to Auschwitz in April, but COVID wiped out my European travel plans. I went to the Holocaust Museum in DC in 2017 (on my birthday, no less) and it definitely affected me in profound ways. I can only imagine actually being in Auschwitz would have just magnified that experience.

Hopefully DeSean takes Stephen Jackson with him.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You know, I do hope DeSean learns from this. It really looks like he was just incredibly ignorant more than being malicious. He still did an exceptionally stupid thing, but so far, it looks like he is wanting to make up for what he did and as long as he continues down that path, I think a lot of good can be done and he should be given all the encouragement in the world to keep him going down the path of enlightenment he's on.

Now excuse me, I'm going to check my medicine cabinet because writing "DeSean (Jackson)" and "enlightenment" in the same blurb has made me realize I might be ODing on crazy pills.

So apparently multiple reporters have tweeted out ominous things about s*** going down for Washington. The name change, two front office executives being fired for whatever reasons and there’s still more happening. The Washington Post supposedly “has the scoop” on whatever it is and will release the story tomorrow.

Here is a couple of the tweets-

31 minutes ago, Cujo said:

This guy did a radio interview today. Said he's not after money, wouldn't take a dollar from Dan Snyder if he chose one of his trademarked names -- so then, WHY?

I think he said it was to prevent other TM squatters from doing it because those individuals could hold the potential name up for ransom.

Officially no fans at Eagles games this season.  Screw your Florida.  

Archived