NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

If the enormity of sex-trafficking the cheerleading squad wasn't enough, I don't want to know what could be.

And the Saints did PR and ran interference for pedophiles and I'm not sure anything ever came of that. 

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick Cannon believes that Jews are savages because they lack melanin, which is where the soul originates. Maybe he can accompany DeSean Jackson.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Nick Cannon believes that Jews are savages because they lack melanin, which is where the soul originates. Maybe he can accompany DeSean Jackson.

Well, Yakub couldn’t create the correct white devil on the first try.

spacer.png

He had to screw up a few times before making white folk. /s

Sure it's an instructional league, but actual football during a pandemic!

Sure it's only a practice, but I think they NFL may be watching this league to see how they handle practices during a pandemic.  

Ralph Wilson Stadium is a whole lot nicer than Rich Field was, that's for sure. I've been to CenturyLink, FedEx and the Ralph, and the Bills stadium is probably the nicest overall gameday experience if you want to tailgate and all of that stuff. Plus, last time I went, it was super cheap because Western New York is broke as hell. So that's nice.

I wonder what happened with New Era.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

If that's true, then the whole "we finally find the name Redskins racist after people complaining about it for 4 decades or so", was probably a cover story to the real reason the name change is going down: Dan Snyder may wind up losing control of the team and realized that whoever winds up with the team is going to change the name anyway so why not buy himself a week of good press before it all comes tumbling down.

Also, probably weakens the call to get names changed long-term because a. The most egregious case is no longer a factor and b. The name change was inevitable once the scandal broke out and Snyder forced to give up ownership, zeitgeist or none. But what do I know? The culture in Landover is damn good.

44 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Good lord.  Jerry Richardson got taken down for less.

I would expect there be local ownership of some kind.  Not sure if it will include Ted Leonsis or The Lerner Family, who have won championships recently for the city.  

12 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Good lord.  Jerry Richardson got taken down for less.

I would expect there be local ownership of some kind.  Not sure if it will include Ted Leonsis or The Lerner Family, who have won championships recently for the city.  

Wouldn’t surprise me if new DC resident Jeff Bezos swooped in before Leonsis even had a thought about it.

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if new DC resident Jeff Bezos swooped in before Leonsis even had a thought about it.

Sure, but there are going to be calls for a POC to buy the team from Snyder.  

4 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

That reminds me, is New Era even a decent stadium to go to?

I've been planning on going to a road game for some time and Buffalo was one of the stadiums I narrowed it down to. Obviously not this year, but hopefully in the future. 

Been there several times. The latest remodel made the stadium good but the seats down low are a little cramped compared to be stadiums. Parking is a huge plus. Why the Bills Mafia tailgate so extensively. 

20 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Been there several times. The latest remodel made the stadium good but the seats down low are a little cramped compared to be stadiums. Parking is a huge plus. Why the Bills Mafia tailgate so extensively. 

That's nice, are there any decent (and cheap) hotels around the area? And is there any kind of shuttle service? 

New Era always felt like an odd stadium sponsor to me, for reasons I can’t quite explain. Maybe because they have the market cornered on at least certain types of hats, what good is advertising? Just a feelgood local thing for your hometown (at least before offshoring)?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived