NFL Offseason Thread

BBTV

51 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I would assume Steelers would be smart enough to move on from Ben. But of course they wouldn't. 

Rivers isn't Eli. With a decent team around him, he could still make another run. A term that needs a short term QB solution would probably take a gamble on him.  

Ben says he's coming back. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

He's gonna probably have a few choices.  If he has options, wouldn't at least one be better than Tampa?

He just moved his massive family to Florida, which is so retirement of him. The last few season he commuted from San Diego to LA so I figure if he's playing again this season it won't be for a team that isn't nearby. The Jags and Bucs could both use him. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

He just moved his massive family to Florida, which is so retirement of him. The last few season he commuted from San Diego to LA so I figure if he's playing again this season it won't be for a team that isn't nearby. The Jags and Bucs could both use him. 

As could the Sna--er, Titans, once they officially send Mariota on his way. And with as close as they got to the Super Bowl this year, I'd say that'd look like a pretty attractive option for him at this point--provided, of course, he's good with being a backup at this phase of his career.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

21 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

How long until Rivers is a Buc? 

You realize Rivers is an older version of Winston with a little bit less INT'S.

I'd rather take my chances with Winston if Rivers is the alternative.

6 hours ago, McCarthy said:

San Diego to LA was 2 hours drive.  He moved to Destin, Florida in the panhandle.  Destin to Tampa is 6 and a half hours, Atlanta is closer.  Jacksonville is closest to Destin at just under 5 hours.

My point being, moving to Florida doesnt make the Bucs a frontrunner, or any team for that matter.

10 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

San Diego to LA was 2 hours drive.  He moved to Destin, Florida in the panhandle.  Destin to Tampa is 6 and a half hours, Atlanta is closer.  Jacksonville is closest to Destin at just under 5 hours.

While I do not see Rivers and the Saints having much interest in each other as long as Drew Brees is still playing well, what is the average time of a drive from Destin to New Orleans or vice versa, for comparison's sake?

33 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

My point being, moving to Florida doesnt make the Bucs a frontrunner, or any team for that matter.

It just means the cost of living drops. Especially with no state tax.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Walk-Off said:

While I do not see Rivers and the Saints having much interest in each other as long as Drew Brees is still playing well, what is the average time of a drive from Destin to New Orleans or vice versa, for comparison's sake?

Just surprised myself because i didnt realize it was that close, but its under 4.5 hours.

49 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The Houston Texans have a new general manager.  His name? Bill O'Brien

Well he certainly deserves a reward for blowing a 21 point lead in...what was it? 5 minutes? 

It's these kinds of boneheaded moves that really make me wonder if deep down some owners don't want their team to succeed.

20 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Rivers isn't Eli. With a decent team around him, he could still make another run. A term that needs a short term QB solution would probably take a gamble on him.  

What was his first run?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I mean, he made the playoffs last year, and people actually thought he had a good chance at making the Super Bowl. 

You mean that game Eli Manning was MVP of twice? 😎

*looks at free agent QB class*

*looks at Jared Goff's contract*

*insists that Jared Goff go everywhere by helicopter.*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

4 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Well he certainly deserves a reward for blowing a 21 point lead in...what was it? 5 minutes? 

It's these kinds of boneheaded moves that really make me wonder if deep down some owners don't want their team to succeed.

I hope his teams get outscored 51-7 after leading 24-0 every game in 2020. 

Archived