XFL Field Database

pitt6pack

I figured I'd get a head start on the 2020 XFL season fields while I had the time, and put together field templates for all 8 teams. 

All the templates here are the full size that I work with (9144x4344 pixles : 1px=1/2inch scale). Feel free to use these templates if you'd like, for XFL, or any other field concepts.

Dallas - Globe Life Park

I had to guess on what the field may look like, since there has never been a football field at Globe Life Park, but typically grass fields are basic.

viczgFO.png

DC - Audi Field

Again I had to guess a little bit, so for DC my template mirrors the (Commanders) field, and again is quite basic.

xL5YkoF.png

Houston - TDECU Stadium

The turf in Houston is sewn in, so we can expect lines to show where the professional numbers go on the field, and hashes, similar to Utah in the AAF.

DXN34s9.png

Los Angeles - Dignity Health Sports Park

Same field the Chargers have been playing on, so the template has been based on that field.

GhpGLHp.png

New York - MetLife Stadium

Based on the sewn in portions of the Giants and Jets stadium, minus the NFL logo at midfield.

DaCgqQb.png

Seattle - Century Link Field

Same field that the Seahawks play on.

bxNUTC9.png

St. Louis - The Dome at America's Center

Based on the last field at the stadium when the Rams were in St. Louis

T21QkVK.png

Tampa Bay - Raymond James Stadium

Same playing surface as the Buccaneers

W8w5ljd.png

Let's hope the XFL does a better job with fields than they did in 2001, and can match or top the fields of the AAF.

• Like 3

This doesn’t feel 100% like a concept thing, but I understand it’s a database. Maybe field concepts before they reveal the real thing? Like, this is what I think it might look like.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

21 hours ago, Blindsay said:

This doesn’t feel 100% like a concept thing, but I understand it’s a database. Maybe field concepts before they reveal the real thing? Like, this is what I think it might look like.

Don't worry, that's where I was headed with this...

Time for some concepts prior to the season.

Dallas Renegades

I based this field off of the Globe Life Park renderings of a Renegades field, but standerdized the markings to a professional field. I also added the XFL logo at the 25s, which are prominent field spots when viewing on TV. I the XFL logo in team colors, as is done on the XFL footballs.

2tMyMYk.png

This was the rendering of Globe Life Park in a football configuration, as I referred to:

glp_football.jpg

Houston Roughnecks

Not much to do with this field. The XFL will have to put down professional hash marks over the field, as well as marks to indicate where the numbers would be on a professional field, as was done with Salt Lake in the AAF. Again, I added team color XFL logos at the 25s. Not much can be done with the rest of the field, since the turf is sewn in, and can't be changed.

BBKtfoW.png

I've done one other concept, this for LA:

D37unF2.png

Given how the XFL has loved putting the LA claws all over their uniforms, it would be fitting that they put them on the field in the endzones.

Also, an interesting short shot of what looks like a Tampa Bay Vipers painted field (computer generated of course) during the XFL commercial on Fox during one of the playoff games last weekend:

fPoe1hl.jpg

I don't know if we should take this as a possible hint or not. I'd say no, because the media people who make these commercials have nothing to do with the grounds crews. The image from Tampa was taken during a Buccaneers game this season (The NFL 100 logos are still seen on the field!), and there's no way the XFL will fill that many seats. Things of note: that 'V' at midfield is massive, no XFL logos anywhere, and gold endzones for the Vipers (which I'd be okay with given they would be painting the entire endzone). I'd hope for something better than this come game days, and hopefully some designs that can surpass the AAF.

This is the new turf field in Dallas.

IMG_6563

Something of note, which could tell us a bit about the rest of the XFL fields: there is an 'x' at each 2, 5, and 10 yard line, where the XFL 1, 2, and 3 point conversions will take place. Seems like something the league might do for all fields.

Another observation: the numbers in Dallas are similar to what we've seen in Seattle, LA Chargers, and Cleveland in the NFL (and I would assume Seattle in the XFL).

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the fields are certainly no where near as good as the AAF, or NFL for that matter.

Here's DC:

DC_2020%5E1.png

I don't have a problem with the endzones too much. It would be nice to see them pained completely, but not many NFL teams fully paint their endzones either.

The biggest issues are with the rest of the field. All the fields of the XFL have a similar layout as above. XFL logo at midfield, with the slogan, the three conversion x's, and the markings at the 30 and 35 yard lines used for kickoff/kick-return formations.

Then of course, we have ads. The only field so far without the Progressive ads was MetLife Stadium (which is sponsored by another insurance company).

From this point on, I may just post the fields in batches, since there's nothing interesting going on with any of them anyways. The first place fields will end up is on the XFL Uniform Database, if anyone want's to track them as I complete them.

• Like 2

Given that the stadium ticket pricing fields on the XFL website were very accurate to what we saw this past weekend:

XLhCsCr.png

uVG9RaD.png

u8mAbuw.png

rBSetnh.png

It's safe to say that this is what we can expect for the other four remaining teams, or at least close to it (expect more on-field ads of course).

FQVIUoL.png

IxHVWDv.png

o3mIbZJ.png

gTpT7hN.png

• Like 1

• pitt6pack changed the title to XFL Field Database

Time to get to the XFL fields from this past weekend.

Starting with Arlington

ARL_2023%5E1.png

Glad to see some actual team wordmarks in the endzones for most teams this weekend. Field designs are following the same pattern as the 2020 XFL.

Final, and least exciting field of the weekend, DC Defenders (minus the lemons)

The Progressive ads are not on my version of the field here, as the ads seen on the field during the broadcast were digital, and not painted on the field.

The likely lack of paint on the field is due to DC United's on-going games at the stadium. It will be interesting to see how the field looks for DC's next home game, after DC United plays the night before. We should see some very clear Soccer lines on the field for the Defenders next home game.

DC_2023%5E1.png

Fields from this past weekend.

One change I made to my templates (which I will go back and update for last week's fields) is matching the color of the grass/turf as best I could. So you'll notice some darker shades in these fields.

Seattle

Another field where the Progressive ads where digitally added during the broadcast, but were not actually painted on the field.

SSD_2023%5E1.png

Vegas

Not a good look for the XFL, between the crappy stadium, bad field conditions, and low fan turnout, which got even worse once the rain started coming down.

Just some weird things too, like the outlined, but not painted "G" at the goal line, re-sodded patches all over, in seemly no pattern (looks like a truck drove on the field a couple times, causing weird patches), and oddest thing of all, the hash mark at the 3 yard line, which is useless in an XFL game (1pt conversion takes place at the 2).

VEG_2023%5E1.png

Orlando

The Guardians wordmark blended into the turf color a bit much. It would probably look better if the Guardians used their neon green color to give it a little more contrast.

ORL_2023%5E1.png

Houston

The Progressive ad was moved from the 35 yard lines, to the 25 yard lines this week compared to last.

HOU_2023%5E2.png

• 2 weeks later...