Neo's 40 Team Alternate Universe NHL (Charlotte Checkers)

neo_prankster

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neo... my apologies for how crudely rendered this sketch is, but I literally scrawled it on a napkin while grabbing a quick bite to eat this afternoon. I only noticed that I'd forgotten to include whiskers on the cougar as I was scanning it. 

My aim was to meld your ideas with a mash-up of the logos of the University of Houston Cougars and the Minnesota Wild. Perhaps it will provide you with a burst of inspiration.   

1Ngvi5Pl.jpg?6

Really enjoying this series, neo!

The logo is a massive improvement, and the jerseys look pretty nice, too. I like the color scheme not being directly the Avs, but instead a modified version of the Rockies; it's a nice little bit of team color continuity between the two clubs if the Rockies exist in this universe.

20 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I prefer the gold, but if you wanted to go the silver route I'd still say the maroon should be primary. Bottom most scheme in the latest post as the away, then top most as third.

10 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Yeah, I also prefer the gold over the silver. I like the visual connection to the Rockies in that color scheme, it's a nice way to tie both of them together without just making the Rockies again.

Cool. Gold it is.

spacer.png

C&C Welcome.

Up next, the Expansion Class of 1996-97.

Archived